Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Yea…I hear you guys……GK…that same picture was also in my bathroom today but that guy was holding an UZI …….:D

Life ain’t easy….it’s even harder when other people stick their nose in your business. Just two days ago a buddy stopped over to b.s. and we were out in the driveway running our mouths and here he comes, my extremely nosy 81 year old neighbor…….and it’s not because he’s old as he’s always done that…..I laugh it off but I think next time I’m gonna have my pruning shears ready and I’m gonna lop off his nose.

It’s really weird, the guy I’m talking to looks at me with a WTF moment……

Well, gotta get myself into something……….Jay has a new tractor so I gotta get a new one too……I’ll get 7 of them all painted different colors for the day of the week…….that’ll drive my neighbor crazy as he cuts his 2 acres with a JD that’s older than Jay….maybe that’ll keep him on his side……..only playing…..he is a good dude with a bad habit.——-6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Mr.Busy Body had to get in a message which resulted in my win ….again…of 191……..

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, on to you, contrary to some common conception, everybody fits in in Calif.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Is that the girl who dresses up in all of those different costumes….the real estate manager? Geeze….look at those whoppers! Just like a bottle of ketchup…”tap &:squeeze”….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Page 191!
Can't believe we all ain't been thrown out. Guess we ain't tryin hard enough. :D

So, I got a whole bunch of Craftsman 19.2V tools that I've had for years. Their old, but they still work good. Of course, because we now live in a third world country, they don't make any batteries for them anymore. There are just crappy Chink knockoffs on Amazon. They are garbage.
What I did see is an adapter that plugs into the tool and let's it use Dewalt 20V batteries. For 17 bucks, I took a chance. All our newer tools are Dewalt so I already have batteries. It came yesterday so I tried it out. Works slicker than snot! I ordered another one yesterday.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ah geeze, my main man “da Jayster”…….”Craftsman” has been and will always be in the same category as “Bell & Howell”. J.u.n.k……..

Why fool around with junk when you can pick one main brand and stay with it? I’ve always been a Milwaukee fan in cord driven tools with DeWalt a close second……as for battery operated yard tools, such as blowers, weed whackers, chain saws I go with EGO with Stihl for 2 cycle tools….

You know yourself it’s nice to be able to change batteries from one tool to another……..

Buuuuuut, for something cheap that you only use once or twice a year, Harbor Freight has decent stuff……last year I gave my daughter a near new blower with 3 batteries. Does that make sense what I just wrote? No.

Gasoline for da big jobs when raw power is needed.

John Deere and Kubota for big stuff but X mark machines are better built.

Rule of thumb and I’m sure you’ll agree…..Quality for your go-to tools and junk for menial work….same as Winchester & r.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've had those old craftsman tools for 20 years. I've had good luck with them and used them a lot. I have a bunch of old craftsman hand tools too. They have been good with the exception of the ratchets. However, I've been able to disassemble, clean and lube them, and get them working well again. Still....they ain't great.

Milwaukee power tools are the hands down best. I can see spending the coin if you make a living with them. My son has some, but he uses them way less than I use mine. And because of the cost, he doesn't have all that he should. Matter of fact, he borrowed my jig saw and a battery 2 weeks ago. I still ain't got it back.
To me, about the most expensive tools that are worth it for a homeowner (that ain't rich) is Dewalt. Its great to have the best, but if you need a bunch of tools, it runs into money.
I got a bunch of tools for free a few weeks ago from work. I have a few more coming. They are cheap Ryobi stuff but it was free. I got the stuff I'd never buy if I was spending my money. A Drexel type tool, a leaf blower, a sander, an upright bit type cutter, and one of those vibratory chisel type cutters. I still have a 4" angle grinder coming.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, Jolly Olde question, being Scottish I probably have a genetic taste for this but how about you, popular. Here on rye toast, quite good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok,,,we “boff” be on da same boat……I got to thinking…….when I got my first air compressor back in the early eighties, I bought the best at the time air tools…..Chicago Pneumatic……..air ratchets, 3/8ths and 1/4”, air chisel, air drill, and a 1/2” impact wrench……they are all dead and when my pops died in ‘07 I took all his tools……I must have 15 hand ratchets and 3-400 sockets of every imaginable size…universals of every angle……and his air tools which were Chinese knock offs of Chicago Pneumatic’s……..I figured they would last me a year…..

Well, I’m still using them with zero issues. Ripped motors apart, rebuilt all kinds of stuff, …use the air tools for near everything.

So……..explain dat master tool man…….…..the impact and 3/8ths ratchets have tons of hours on them…..

Don’t know bro……

I’ve been through 5 air compressors….first was the piston driven belt power Craftsman and the rest have been ..whatever they are……bought a new DeWalt 2 years ago because I liked the bright yellow paint job. :D. never do I shut off my compressors…..have three separate lines…two in the garage and one down to the gun room…set it at 90 pounds and more for tire work.

Rainy like hecky dude………mom and my daughter are running their mouths a mile a minute in the other room, criticizing everyone that comes to mind……and here I am, by myself, and dare NOT to get involved with them……they will throw me outta da house……:D

Fred, ok, ok, your uppity…..I’m gonna grab me a 2 day old chunk of sausage….the patty kind…..get it? :D

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I’m in the process of switching from DeWalt to Milwaukee, built this ice auger last year and the DeWalt stalled out, they are rated at around 600 inch pounds and the Milwaukee is 1200. It will out drill most gas augers.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you might be getting he wrong impression here. I am not likely to run into any ole sausage running around with the ladies where like to go but that hunter sausage from Mahogany Meats in Bishop, Ca just the ticket, keeps forever but doesn’t last that long if I have it. Your people probably make something like it. Looks like a cigar.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Harry…that’s Jays department wit da ice……..but the tool itself looks quality……18 volt………can’t comment as my Milwaukee’s are cord driven………

A battery powered drill to power an auger?…….figured that would be a gasoline solution.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:36 pm Six, you might be getting he wrong impression here. I am not likely to run into any ole sausage running around with the ladies where like to go but that hunter sausage from Mahogany Meats in Bishop, Ca just the ticket, keeps forever but doesn’t last that long if I have it. Your people probably make something like it. Looks like a cigar.
Oh yea Fred…I remember now, the “skin cigar”! :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We’ll have to go with your frame of reference on that ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Harry ain't fooling. The cordless drill augers have gotten popular here too. I use a gas job still. When the ice is thick enough to use an extension, it's still the way to go. But the drill augers work better than you'd think.

I'm still rolling an old belt drive Craftsman 27 gallon compressor. I don't leave it on all the time though. Especially in the winter. The cold starts are rough in an unheated garage.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ted Nugent and Kid Rock have been favourites of mine for a long time, after seeing this video of Kid Rock going full auto on Bud Light I'm proud to be a fan... 8)
https://youtu.be/ipElQEzsWKs
Just trying to keep it political....... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Politics, can’t watch that right now but Riley Gaines assault d by what her husband said was a man in a dress.

On the other hand here is the Calif Mohave in a wet year.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The guy in the dress probably got high on Bud Light..... :?

I don't know why but I've always been fascinated by deserts and after seeing them for real in Arizona I could (with air conditioning) feel very much at home there but I know I would sure miss the woodlands as where I am now there is a lack of decent forestry to walk in and I do not enjoy walking on treeless hills that much.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Growing up in maybe the most heavily wooded state in the country, I could not be without it. I would like to see the southwest, though. That country has always fascinated me. As much the "feel" as anything.

We hauled our new tool home this morning. I will have to get a "family" picture before we haul it to camp. This is number 4 John Deere.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s cool dude! Is it rated for low sulfur diesel like mine is?…….

Just a suggestion for a pal……..my BIL’s 770 runs fine on off road diesel …..mine won’t…….I like fresh diesel so I pay the road tax as “pennies saved can be dollars spent…….considering how much goes into it ……”fresh” is the key word here.

As I don’t know how familiar you are with diesels, a first priority should be fuel filters and what feeds those filters.

Just had an old buddy stop by with a load of guns he inherited……more work…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No, it's old enough it doesn't have any restrictions. No reburner or Def. It'll take the old regular diesel. Nothing digital or electronic. Just mechanical analog gages.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well Oldwin I cant Waite to see Your Dad up driving that JD. :D .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay…..my 2007 Mighty Kubota 7800 didn’t have all that environmental b.s…..but the extremely mighty 2016 3350 does….all the while China and India fill the skies with pollutants……

Went outside today and it’s flannel shirt weather…yesterday it was t shirt weather.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The old man was tinkering on it this afternoon. Hopefully it still runs next week. :D

Yeah, it was cold and windy here today. Supposed to be real nice and warm next week. Like 60 degrees! That's crazy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s good with pops playing with a new machine…for real…….if your smart which I know you to be, go out and buy a half dozen cans of primer and a half dozen cans of JD green……..I’m not saying to do the whole tractor as it looks pretty good but pops would enjoy making it look like new in the affected areas…..the old timers, like my dad, would say, “ahhhh, it’s fine, but…,.but….it’s because they didn’t want to spend the $100 on what it takes to be like new so YOU buy it and pops will have something to play with for a week or two……..

He will like to play with it…..give him a couple of wire wheels for an angle grinder, some Armorall, a case of beer and he will have a blast….

Maybe replace any fuel, vacuum lines that look like they have cracks in it……

I got to get outta here…..maybe a good show tomorrow.—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha I tell ya bro, we do think alike.
The grille had a dent so he had that off and was messing with it. I noticed the paint was flaked and it was Rusty in front of the battery tray. I told him I would pick up some paint and he could have at it with my wire wheel and fix it up.
The bucket tilt had a line weeping at the threads so he was messing with that too.
He was the biggest reason I got it. He'll have a big ole time with it. We even have a little gravel pit by the camp he can mess around with.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ditto bro…..the best things in life come from the smile of another.—-0006 (decided to be triple 0 today)

No shows tomorrow.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I sent some pics up to my boy in Alaska. Told my grandson he could play with the tractor when they come this summer. He's all excited.
The wife and I can't wait to have the whole family together here. What it's all about bro.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, Yorkshire pudding, what is this stuff, had it with prime rib, shrimp cocktail and Allagash White?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

At that age that boy will remember it all and will direct him to a lifetime of rednecking instead of what parents do today and give their kids a binary doll. I did it right…today my boy drives mile long freight trains, owns a small fleet of Harleys, pick up trucks, Jeeps, machine guns, silencers and other man stuff. You did too…what other guy can say his play toy is a Huey?

Well dude……I’m burnt out….been up for 11 hrs.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha 11 hours? That's my work day minus an hour.
Yeah.....OK. I don't really work. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:40 pm Ok, Yorkshire pudding, what is this stuff, had it with prime rib, shrimp cocktail and Allagash White?
Plain flour, eggs and milk usually served with roast beef.

Jay, it's great that your dad has the enthusiasm and energy to tackle projects like that 8) I'm getting as I need a bomb under me before I even cook my breakfast these days.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hear you buddy!
Usually, watching him shames me into getting off my dumpy butt!

Sad. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:20 am Jay, it's great that your dad has the enthusiasm and energy to tackle projects like that 8) I'm getting as I need a bomb under me before I even cook my breakfast these days.
Good ole GK comes to my mental rescue………even though I have every decent tool and equipment to do whatever I want to do, it takes a bon fire under my a to get started……..I believe it’s more “been there and done that” as opposed to energy.

This last stage of life just ain’t no fun…..where’s the challenges?…..me and a bud were talking last week down at the Maryland Timonium once a year top quality show and my bud said to me, “ya know, what fun is it anymore as there ain’t a gun in this show that you and I can’t have if we really want it.

Went to bed at 2 and woke up at 5…..wide awake….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! He's up. :D

Hopefully, I'll be asleep in a few minutes. I'm wiped out. Good thing my buddy drove. I slept all the way home in the truck this morning.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...but it was only for a half hour........took my prescribed meds and I was out until 2 or about an hour and a half ago....

Now it's time to jump on the semi part time mighty z422 and hit the the back.....about 8 geese out there and there just might be a pile of feathers storming through the sky when I'm done.....I hate em....they s. everywhere but as Gods creations, they are only doing what nature taught them to do.

Then it's blade sharpening time......then it's a break .......then it's back on L.G. ...life sure is exciting.---006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I got up at 1:30, drank a gallon of coffee, put the Glock out in the truck, took a shower, then sat down to a big plate of deer meat, taters, carrots, and zucchini.

Now the good part of the day is over. Off to work in a half hour.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Drank a gallon of coffee" :D if I did that I would the "king of the jitters & heebie jeebies"

It's only for the few more years....on working.......but take it from me, they will be the hardest years of your life.

Yessirreee ...you eat "strong". Could you imagine Dr. Fauci eating good ole boy food?...the protein would kill that little skinny weasel. A good puff of wind would blow em down .

I was thinking.....beings I have a mighty Kubota you can start calling your JD "mighty" .. I know the 770 pretty good and it's mighty, especially with the farm tires and loader........

People in California can have "mighty Ego electric lawn mowers"....or maybe their "mighty Prius" :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha! Yeah, no pansy eatin for OldWin. Nope. Gotta keep my strength up for all the activities on LG. :D

Yeah, I did some research on the 770 before I bought it. They made it for 10 years and it has a good reputation for durability. The word is it will do quite a bit for its size. We'll see......
I do have a soft spot for the older JDs. I saw a Kubota I really liked too. It was over in NH, but was sold before I could check it out. It was an 85 B7100HST. Great looking woods tractor.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

yawwwnnnnnn......3-12:30 like my 9.5 hours........

Most all tractors today are hydrostatic .......no gear shift..just a low, med, and high range.......I got in the moose and last night between 8-9 I was out back doing a little digging. And brush removal......with a loader you can't get stuck......I had all four wheels buried and you just put the loader point down into the ground until it stops then throw back the hydraulics and walk your yourself out of the hole.........yea.....I had the lights on and running full rpm's....my 423 year old neighbor was probably watching me through his binoculars.....never saw anyone so nosey.

Well, here's that crate of Winchesters made in 1923.......Herb Glass's son was telling me about these guns 30 or more years ago.....his dad had a dozen crates of them, half 1894's and half 1895's. They were supposed to be lend lease guns but never made it to England...

This is the only intact one left and it sold for 218,000....they still have the 50th anniversary paper on them...

I read many years ago one guy bought a crate of the 1895's and had a glass top put on it and he used it as a coffee table.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I saw a full crate of 92 SRCs one time down to Julia's. It was awesome. They were earlier, as they were recovered from a bunch of Pancho Villa's men, who stole them and had them in a wagon headed south.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last year Rock Island Auction had a crate of R.’s and they sold it for $6.99…….and that included buyers premium and shipping!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice day out there today folks….65 degrees, no wind and a completely power washed and detailed mighty Kubota….think I’ll head to the swamp……

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've just become a Tortoise wrangler :? My landlady has gone away for a few day and she asked me to look after her Tortoises they have their own corral's in the door yard and I have make sure they are bedded down each night...they have only just come out of hibernation so a bit slower than normal... :lol:
l.jpeg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Looking after her turtles”……you Brits have some strange hobbies. :D

Look at the snapper trying to get over the fence by the garage….believe me, I didn’t try to help her….they can move faster than you think and the only way to get your hand out of its mouth is to cut off their head and retrieve what’s left. One time many years ago when my in laws still had dairy cows one snapper grabbed a hold of a cows nose when she went for a drink of water…….we heard the screaming from 300 yards away as the turtle would not let go.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

My Grandparents nearly starved during the depression....they lived largely on turtle meat in the winter. when I was a Kid We would go out in the row boat on the river at 5Am to check lines. Gramp would catch ten turtles and put them in a big wash tub. somewhere there is a picture of Me 10 years old with one that weighed 39#. Then He would butcher them and they would can all the meat for the winter. If it walked, crawled ,ran or flew it could be a Meal.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well there! I feel I've accomplished something great.

My pal GK has taken the "dooryard" to England! One of the greatest cultural centers of the world! OldWin is ridin' high! Maybe it'll catch on.......be the next "big thing".

But......turtle wrangling? Say it ain't so! :D

Well...dad got Old Red out today. I dug out the old 240, the 570, and the little mower. Got em all running and did some tinkering. Man, it must of been 60 degrees today.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

We hit 73* today, 1-2” of snow forecast for Thursday
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nothing happening here……I put a new tool box on the Kubota to hold my possibles,,,,axe, chain, nails, pins, etc……

I need Jays opinion…..how’s this bro?…..she’s bolted on….sure beats that $1.98 plastic thing that came with the tractor.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah! Looks good buddy. I gotta do something like that too.
Honestly though, the first thing i was looking at was how to rig a rifle scabbard. :D