To hail with it!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

To hail with it!

Post by TedH »

On Friday, we were hammered with large hail again. 3rd time since 2006. From the size of the holes in the siding and window screens looks like it must have been golf ball to tennis ball size this time. We were out of town when it hit. Fortunately, there is no broken glass, but there are areas where shingles are gone down to the tar paper, and one entire side of the house will need new siding. Filed claim on Friday with Insurance Company. Still haven't heard from them.....
The fun never stops.
NRA Life Member
piller
Posting leader...

Re: To hail with it!

Post by piller »

Glad you were not injured.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

About 8 years ago we had the same thing and due to a friend in the insurance business I found our area was given a grant by the government…….but the insurance company does not advertise it as they want the money themselves…..I noticed many of our neighbors were getting new roofs and that’s when my friend told me about it……..

Be hard on the insurance company and make em pay for everything…….it’s the governments money and your chance to get something instead of all the moochers in the cities and bombs for Ukraine.——6——00
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I paid a fortune for my last roof...hoping it would actually be my last.
Two or 3 hailstorms failed to kill it, but that F4 tornado sucked a lot of gravel off it and peeled off a few decorative tabs. Roof did its job. At least I didn't have to dig through insulation and sheetrock to find my stuff.

Now I dread the cost and chore of installation a new roof.
Was going to pay someone to do it. All the area roofers claim to install metal roofs....until you tell them you don't want barn siding with exposes fasteners on it :?

I'll just do it myself...if the clouds ever break.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have never seen hail bigger than pea sized except on weather documentaries, I can't imagine how scary it would be to get caught outside with out shelter.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ted, Vance, sorry to hear of your hail-related troubles. I expect to see some of the bigger stuff this spring now that I am in Texas. I am sure it will be sobering.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

TedH wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 pm On Friday, we were hammered with large hail again. 3rd time since 2006. From the size of the holes in the siding and window screens looks like it must have been golf ball to tennis ball size this time. We were out of town when it hit. Fortunately, there is no broken glass, but there are areas where shingles are gone down to the tar paper, and one entire side of the house will need new siding. Filed claim on Friday with Insurance Company. Still haven't heard from them.....
The fun never stops.

If you’re whole area got hit, it could take a few days. The claims office just went from normal duty to 300% overload in one day. At least or was just cosmetic damage , as others have said, could’ve been worse
----- Doug
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Weather has been very weird here this year! We've had snows later than normal, and plenty of hail too! We got hit just yesterday again with hail, but fortunately for us we never get those huge sized hail stones. Everything was white here yesterday when I left in the morning to meet my car club buddies for breakfast. We never get this stuff in April here!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 pm On Friday, we were hammered with large hail again. 3rd time since 2006. From the size of the holes in the siding and window screens looks like it must have been golf ball to tennis ball size this time. We were out of town when it hit. Fortunately, there is no broken glass, but there are areas where shingles are gone down to the tar paper, and one entire side of the house will need new siding. Filed claim on Friday with Insurance Company. Still haven't heard from them.....
The fun never stops.
I've been fortunate. Two hail storms requiring full tear-offs and replacement of the roof in the last 18 years. Insurance was outstanding in both cases. As Jason noted, they are just socked after these storms. Happy also that no one was hurt!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:06 am I have never seen hail bigger than pea sized except on weather documentaries, I can't imagine how scary it would be to get caught outside with out shelter.
In 2011 I got hit. Worst hail storm my wife had ever seen; I was out of the country. Unfortunately my car was outside, and the hood and roof looked like a golf ball when I got home. And my roof needed to be replaced.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I got hit back in Dec... Insurance said it was a very narrow band thru the county as claims were isolated to our area. Took out 7 of my solar panels and both pickups. I'm still trying to get the solar panel company to give me a date & time to come out and remove the panels so I can get the roof done. These clowns are very quick to sell you a system, a little lax on installation, and after sale service... forget it! I'm on the second company, hopefully they'll be better, but... still waiting too long! We were supposed to get hit again yesterday, but it didn't happen.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

We had another round tonight. It missed us this time but these fell just a couple miles west of us.
FB_IMG_1680662805207.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Sorry to hear about the hail damage
we can get hammered with hail around this part of the world, got it bad about 8 years ago
about 15 years ago up the road 10 miles the hail was so bad it killed live stock & a bunch of antelope
ground up sage brush like a giant bush hog

Brad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:49 pm We had another round tonight. It missed us this time but these fell just a couple miles west of us.

FB_IMG_1680662805207.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Darn, those could do real damaged!