WA gun law minutia

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

WA gun law minutia

Post by Grizz »

in the good to know category,
There's a state law that says if a gun is not secured properly and it is used in a crime, the owner could also face criminal charges for community endangerment due to unsafe storage. The only way they wouldn't is if they report it stolen within five days.

Reporting a gun theft must be done in person or over the phone. It can't be done online.
https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 30446852fe

it's the "get out of jail free" card

Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Re: WA gun law minutia

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Thanks, that IS good to know!
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Just a thought.. If someone steals my lottery ticket and it wins does it mean he/she stole the money and if they buy drugs with it am I to blame also??
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

308magtip wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:16 pm Just a thought.. If someone steals my lottery ticket and it wins does it mean he/she stole the money and if they buy drugs with it am I to blame also??
or if someone buys an airplane and crashes it into the space needle, are you liable for that also?

or if someone steals your car and kills somebody with it, are you liable for that too?

etc.