If this works it would be a worldwide game-changer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

If this works it would be a worldwide game-changer

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/_bDXXWQxK38

Hopefully the government won't screw it up by subsidizing it...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: If this works it would be a worldwide game-changer

Post by 2ndovc »

Fascinating stuff. If this works, our grandchildren are going to grow up in a totally different world.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Governments will control this if it's viable. Cheap, plentiful, non-poluting power allows for too much freedom.
It needs to be weaponised against the population, like our energy sources are now. So those in power can keep and grow their power.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

(sigh)

No.

Hate to rain on any parades here.

Energy from fusion has always been, "we'll be able to make this work in another twenty years."

Even this last go-around. Shoot this little pellet with a bunch o' lasers, LOOK!, more energy than what we put in.

Until you factor in all the energy used to charge up those lasers, electricity for magnetic containment, etc.

I will be convinced it's almost ready (less than twenty years) when I read about a development lab that disappeared into a molten crater. Hoping they took good notes and transmitted them off-site.

Would be nice but to steal a quote, 'the future's not what it used to be.'

It's a rocks throw away from 2023 and I still don't even have my flying car.

(sigh)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

wecsoger wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:29 am It's a rocks throw away from 2023 and I still don't even have my flying car.

(sigh)
LOL! :lol:

I grew up assuming, like a lot of us, that flying cars would be thing by now. Maybe I watched too many episodes of "The Jetsons" when I was young! :wink:

Then again, I was out today running errands for Mrs. YK and came to the conclusion that most people should not be allowed to drive, let alone fly. Some Karen in a Lexus cut me off in a grocery store parking lot, not even looking as she came out of her lane. Then, not 75 feet later she decided to turn right from the left-turn lane, almost hitting another car.

Yep, some people should not be allowed to drive anything. :evil: