Glad to hear the Old Ways are still known...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Glad to hear the Old Ways are still known...

Post by AJMD429 »

In this case, the "sidewalk rule"...

https://youtube.com/shorts/YMCfQNI0O2c?feature=share

Just like this guy, it was my MOTHER who so educated me as to proper conduct.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Glad to hear the Old Ways are still known...

Post by Blaine »

That's a fact.
Fathers, it's important to do this for your daughters. Teach them what to expect from a gentleman.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I still remember my big brother telling me the sidewalk rule when I was just a little kid, followed that rule ever since.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What out culture tells the young ladies nowdays is that their only worth is their looks, and that in order to get a man to like them they need to have age-inappropriate levels of intimacy with them. Not that that is 'new', but the 'new' part is that instead of being taught guys are like that, and to push back, and insist that the guys learn about them as a PERSON, and develop a relationship on that level instead of just a horizontal one - they are taught that it is not only 'acceptable' to get to the horizontal part long before any permanence or marriage, but they are taught that it is 'expected' to do so, and that to expect any sort of lifelong committment in exchange is silly.

Call me silly then (....lots of people do... :D )

Too many of today's FEMALES are the ones wanting a horizontal relationship without any real depth of personal relationship. Of course guys, especially young ones dumb-with-testosterone, are happy to jump on board, so to speak. Then you have two people who will probably never really find what they want because they will spend the rest of their life comparing superficial things about those whom they 'date', since they never got to the point of enough depth to even remotely establish a relationship capable of the permanence needed to endure what life will throw at a couple. Most of the 90 year olds who are still happily married married their 'first love' - they didn't have 'relationships' with two dozen people then 'settle' for someone.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Always done that. Not that we walk on a lot of sidewalks around here.
More importantly, I (and she) am carrying a well operating pistol that I am proficient with. Sadly, there is more that a proper lady must be on guard for in these times. That isn't a big threat here either, but I've always been careful.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.