Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by .45colt »

OS wrote: "45, experience with or knowledge of this kind or period of knife?" .I have a couple ,My Grandfather had a few and My Wife's Grandfather had a Butcher shop probably around 1910. I have one of His big 10" steak knives that is razor sharp. I need to fit it with new scales. I started cutting meat in the early 70's and although the blades were stainless the scales were all wood. I also have a meat tenderizer that was His, the patent date on it is before 1890. still works. I am a sucker for old stuff .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is one you may find interesting. On the Delaware river back in the 40s there was a group of guys that lived between Philadelphia and Trenton that were carving their own decoys for duck hunting. Steve Buzash who was an uncle was one and told me he used this knife for that work. He gave it to me some years ago. Some of these decoys are worth thousands now.

Now on the knives I showed. Because there are no brand markings on them. I am wondering if private blacksmiths may have been making them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I'm nearly all packed waiting for the removal truck tomorrow, I have contacted the police as I have to when I change address but I don't know yet whether I will keep my guns or what, depends on what security I have at the new place which is zero at the moment. Interesting times ahead I think. This move was forced upon me and has cost me a small fortune already, if it doesn't work out I will continue to look for a property to rent on a working farm with a guarantee of some hunting.
At least this new place has a pub within walking distance..... :lol:

OS, that butcher knife below the steel looks exactly like a brand new one I bought a few years ago I think mine was Ontario brand could be wrong as I gave it to my ex. it was supposed to be a replica of the type of butcher knife from the mountain man days.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, hope it all works out. I think I have same replica as you describe.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Fred, I'll let y'all know when I'm back on line.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Best of luck, my friend. Hopefully, you can keep your guns, have a place to hunt, AND walk to the pub!

I just remembered, I have an old butcher knife. It belonged to my great grandfather. He cut meat.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GK, I don’t know what you already have but if you can get these over there wouldn’t it save you room for gun storage.
https://www.google.com/search?source=un ... 1465&dpr=2
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay and Harry.
The problem I have with gun storage is the apartment is so small and the police insist on gun safes being secured to a solid wall or floor which restricts the places you can put one.
I am hoping that a storage closet has room for a gun safe that can be securely fixed, I will also look at the possibility of a under the bed safe thanks Harry. Time was running out as I had already overstayed my notice by a month so I went for a place that wasn't exactly what I was looking for but quite nice, anyway now I can continue to look for more sporting accommodation without the pressure and I still have authorisation to purchase new guns.. :wink:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well I bet Six is having a field day . I saw this morning that some of the Gas stations in Philly have armed Guards to protect the place...... :lol: . pretty boring weather wise around here, in the 40's and rain . Grand kids all sick again .Hope Gamekeeper is getting moved in. Stay Thirsty My Friends... :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Armed guards at gas stations? I'm always armed at the gas station. :D

Well, I went and looked at an 1886 yesterday. It was a 33wcf, but I didn't end up buying it.
Got out and put 50 rounds through my Python today. The more I shoot it, the more I like it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Moving day yesterday.
When we hauled the camp up to the lot this fall, we put it on the corner where we used to put the ice shack. Our actual location of choice was at the "gravel pit", down the road that branches off our main road. We had let it grow in a fair amount so it would need to be brushed out to fit the camp down it. We didn't want to open it up more than needed. We also needed to move a brush pile and a disc harrow at the pit. We figure conditions were good, as there is no snow, but everything is froze up good. We got the brush moved, but the disc harrow was froze in solid. Luckily, it wasn't in a spot preventing turning the truck and trailer around (we hoped).
Now, when I say "gravel pit", it's actually a little turn around with a gravel bank that they used to make the road many years ago. It's quite grown in now with poplar, maple, beech, and scattered pine. The bank is still there, so we have a ready made pistol range.
It was a slow and sketchy trip down the pit road. While I'd done a fair amount of brushing out, i couldn't get up high, and the roof of the camp did some serious plowing. Once at the pit, we had to turn around 180 degrees to get the camp located where we wanted. It was mighty close, but we got it. Then I got it all on the jacks and leveled.
It took a good part of the day. It was cold and spitting snow. We "boiled up" and had our first coffee at our final location. Hopefully, our last move.
Monday, I'd gone up and flagged out some trails. I have to get up and rough them out and get some wood cut. I want to get as much done as I can before the snow comes.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's Awesome! Glad things are working out . :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks 45! I. Ant believe the ground is still bare. We had snow during hunting season, but it warmed up and didn't stay.
I was going up today, but the wind is whipping again. Not a good day to cut wood. I hate to lose the day, but maybe I will go down and crank up the Dillon. Need to load .357s.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks good, quite an accomplishment.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I'm back, frozen but back. First Saturday I was asked to be a beater on a local pheasant shoot, not my favourite thing to do but I got to meet a few guys and gals that like shooting :D the weather here has been freezing cold everyday and the electric central heating is expensive and not very effective, boy do I miss my log burner :(
The local pub is more of a wine bar for the well to do than a proper village pub, there are other pubs within a couple of miles but the freezing weather and drinking of cold beer do not go together.
I still have my guns but don't expect to hold on to them when the local police see my lack of security. Worst of all I have only seen one Squirrel :cry:
Otherwise the place is small but nice and he folks are friendly.
Jay your camp looks fantastic, I would swap my place in a instant to move there.......... :mrgreen:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome back. Sounds like you are a bit settled anyway.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're ok buddy! Here's to hoping you hang onto your shootin irons and find more cr8tters to shoot. Hopefully, the more familiar you get with the area, the more game you'll find.
Haha thanks! I was back up there today cutting some wood. Still have a LOT to do, so hopefully any large amounts of snow hold off for a while. It was flurrying today and is supposed to snow this weekend.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I expected to see King Six back out of exile by the time I returned. We will require more input to keep the Chairmen going on and on....

I might be off to a new toy shop tomorrow, they still have the 16 gauge I'm considering if I have to go down to one gun for a while.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad to See Your Back GK.................!! To he&& with the wine pub . proper beer shouldn't be very cold and the other pub's in town will no doubt have some regular people who will appreciate YOU! ......"Well I'm back, frozen but back. First Saturday I was asked to be a beater on a local pheasant shoot, not my favorite thing to do but I got to meet a few guys and gals that like shooting"............ Aha....I have confidence that not far down the road things will be looking Up. Stay Thirsty My Friend.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Speaking of ole Six, I got a big box of stuff he sent me the other day. I called him and we shot the breeze for quite awhile.
He will be living in exile for a while yet. I think he has contacted the ACLU and they are taking up the case. Discrimination against rednecks is a serious offense. :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Oldwin, Your Pic of Dad watching the coffee pot is priceless. I'd have it made into a poster. No kidding.... We need to setup a go fund me page to free Six . with out him around I might buy three or four hundred Rossi's and have them labeled a "Sixgun Limited Edition " He would then have to sign and number each one .. He would then be at ease with the world....... :? .
And any time You could post some more pictures of Your Grandfather I'd be happy to See those. Quite a story. Thank You.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha thanks 45!
I've been thinking of posting a bunch of pictures this winter if I ever get caught up. I will look through some of gramps pics, but I thought I would go through ones my dad and I have taken over the years.

Haha! The Sixgun commemorative Rossi 92! Comes from the factory with sheet rock screw repairs to the stock, a sidemount Tasco 3-9 scope with camo tape and half a can of Skoal.
Yup.....he'd be some proud! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I might be in the market for a new leverguns so a commutative Sixgun Rossi 92 would be a laugh to own.... :lol:
All proceeds from sales to the " get Sixgun out of exile fund ".
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What a fantastic idea!

You know.......? Along with the lit candle and ribbon. :D
Maybe some specially boxed ammo too.

The ammo should be real expensive. Then they could put on the box....I.

"THE OFFICIAL ROSSI COMMEMORATIVE AMMUNITION "
"THERES BEEN ENOUGH CHEAP SHOTS AT SIX"
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"THE OFFICIAL ROSSI COMMEMORATIVE AMMUNITION "
"THERES BEEN ENOUGH CHEAP SHOTS AT SIX"
I can See it now....... Winchester commemorative Ammo With Six on the label , pulling out the 800lb meteorite with the Mighty Kubota . :D . the end on the box would read " This High Velocity .45 colt Ammunition ,250gr @ 3000fps is warranted ONLY FOR USE IN ROSSI Premium Certified Firearms. All others Use at Your own Risk!!............................................................ Six Come Back!! ......Shane... :shock: I mean Six We Need You.................................
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Rumor has it, the 24th is his release day. This tragedy has been just like the Iranian hostage crisis all over again.

Its a Christmas miracle!

How better to celebrate this magical season? To reflect, and be thankful for all the good things in our lives.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Christmas eve and Sixgun eating mince pies with us all around the campfire sounds okay to me..... :D

At last the weather here has warmed up a bit, still only seen one Squirrel but being as I can't shoot here that's probably a good thing. Seeing Crows and Magpies every day within airgun range is frustrating :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I was going to ask if you can use an airgun there?
My dad has turned into quite the neighborhood airgun sniper over the last few years. Nothing is safe.

We got about a foot of snow over the weekend. That is not a good time for me. Don't they know rhat? :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

OW, if I remember correctly they have a foot pounds of energy max for air guns over there.
Trump 2024

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy freakin smokes!
That's ridiculous. Poor ol GK has a lot of opposition over there.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

We are getting our coldest weather so far this coming week, but it’ll make good ice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I know I'm okay to shoot rats with my air rifle as the neighbour next door does, yes we are even restricted on foot pounds with air rifles, no more than 12 ftp and 6 for air pistols :roll:
I may be looking for better hunting prospects come spring if nothing turns up here, it can be tricky finding somewhere to hunt over here you need written permission from the landowners and if you are not known to them it's like asking for permission to borrow their wives .... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well buddy, the camp is there for you. You can shoot whatever you want.
Just one catch.....bring a shovel and clean out the dooryard. Maybe a path out to the road too. :D

I have to go up this week and see what we got. Guy that works with my wife got 22 inches over in Strong. Hopefully there isn't that much or my work is done up there till spring.
Still be good shoeing and woods loafing though. Whew! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Believe me Jay I would sweep snow from every dooryard in Maine if I could stay there...... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:54 pm Believe me Jay I would sweep snow from every dooryard in Maine if I could stay there...... :D
Haha my buddy!
Careful what you wish for bud. That's a LOT of sweeping!
Be glad to have you, my friend.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I didn't say I'd sweep ALL the snow...... :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha just hackin on ya buddy.
I actually gotta go sweep (snowblow) some this morning. As we got that snow on the weekend when I was working, I didn't do a lot of my paths or out front.
Of course, after mounting 2 new tires with tubes, changing the oil, and generally getting my middle kids blower all going, he snapped the drive axle key 5 minutes after starting it.
That's it for me. I've done that job, when my dad had that blower. It has to be completely disassembled. It's about 35 years old. That kid could could break the horn off an anvil. Mostly due to neglect and lack of maintenance. Drives me freaking nuts. I tell him all the time.....
"If your lawnmower breaks, the grass gets long, but your snowblower HAS to run."
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That really sucks about that snow blower .two things that have to run here is the snow blower and the generator.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Don't tell Sixgun but apparently I own a Rossi rifle.....when I bought it it was a Magtech made in Brazil and also sold as a Mossberg, I just watched a video on the Rossi RS22 and it's the same gun..... all three brands made in the same factory.... :?
IMG_20170523_111348.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have a couple R92s. They work fine. The below picture is the .45 Colt I think.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have pretty good luck with our power, but nobody around us seems to. We still have a generator though.

Oh oh GK. Hopefully, Six will give you a pass where you didn't know it.
You were hornswaggled! :D
Surely, you have grounds for legal action. :roll:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Or gk, celebration. Ask the man who owns one. In this case that would be you. 8)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:30 pm Or gk, celebration. Ask the man who owns one. In this case that would be you. 8)
For a cheap .22 semi auto it seems okay I've had it a few years just because I needed something to screw my silencer to.....somethings are best shot quietly..... :?
If the police take it away I can always say it's only junk anyway...... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My dad could use a 22 can to put on my Chiappa Little Badger. Work better for his war on the squirrels than an air gun.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I just noticed (call me 'observant' - I'd make a horrible detective) - that the longest thread ever on this forum (this one), started to kind of separate the 'controversial' stuff, lists yours truly as the originator of the thread.

I think all the "top of the next page" awards are kinda cool, but surely the one who started the WHOLE THREAD* should get a Barrett 50 or Vintage 25-35 or something way cool like that, even better than the top-of-page awards.... :lol:

(* not really - although I do post lots of sarcastic political snarks, and lots of fairly brutal attacks on the healthcare industry response to CoVid, I'm not sure how I got 'credited' with this thread).

Anyway, it is a cool thread although I don't get as much time to check in on it as I'd like, but it is part of what makes this forum unique.

As I've said elsewhere, the other thing is that 'leverguns' are just so PRACTICAL that they attract practical people who have a practical approach to life, instead of necessarily the approach those whose passion is semiautos, bolt-actions, or whatever. I suppose you could also 'characterize' people's life-approach by other things they choose, like what cars they drive, what clothes they wear, etc, but what kind of gun they tend to grab when something needs shot somehow does tell a lot about their approach to life. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:41 am .
I just noticed (call me 'observant' - I'd make a horrible detective) - that the longest thread ever on this forum (this one), started to kind of separate the 'controversial' stuff, lists yours truly as the originator of the thread.

I think all the "top of the next page" awards are kinda cool, but surely the one who started the WHOLE THREAD* should get a Barrett 50 or Vintage 25-35 or something way cool like that, even better than the top-of-page awards.... :lol:

(* not really - although I do post lots of sarcastic political snarks, and lots of fairly brutal attacks on the healthcare industry response to CoVid, I'm not sure how I got 'credited' with this thread).

Anyway, it is a cool thread although I don't get as much time to check in on it as I'd like, but it is part of what makes this forum unique.

As I've said elsewhere, the other thing is that 'leverguns' are just so PRACTICAL that they attract practical people who have a practical approach to life, instead of necessarily the approach those whose passion is semiautos, bolt-actions, or whatever. I suppose you could also 'characterize' people's life-approach by other things they choose, like what cars they drive, what clothes they wear, etc, but what kind of gun they tend to grab when something needs shot somehow does tell a lot about their approach to life. :D
I was actually the one to start this thread Doc.
I believe it was originally titled "Chairman of the Bored", and was in the General section. I started it about a snowmobile ride. After a while, due to complaints, it was moved to the Politics forum to keep us out of the mainstream. Then, after more complaints, I was contacted and asked to change the title to something "Political". In so doing, I somehow deleted my opening post. I think yours was next, hence the "credit".

It's probably fitting, as I fear I have become one of the "deplorables" of Leverguns. I don't know what I've specifically done to offend anyone, but it certainly wasn't intentional.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes we have OldWin to thank for this long living thread.... :D apparently anyone who frequents this thread automatically becomes a deplorable.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:12 pm Yes we have OldWin to thank for this long living thread.... :D apparently anyone who frequents this thread automatically becomes a deplorable.... :lol:
Haha yeah. Us deplorables are quite a bunch. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

AJ, so you are guy being blamed. I have one of the last 25-35s Win made … Also a 54 250 99 and a Marlin 25-20. And a Marlin .410 30s vintage. Seems we have all kinds of history coming out. ;-)

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

This was our high for today, only able to work outside for about an hour and a half.
Trump 2024