Marlin 1895 Bolt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aggie01
Levergunner

Marlin 1895 Bolt

Post by Aggie01 »

In a fit of madness I bought someone else's project.
It's a Marlin 1895 SBL with the internals missing and the stocks epoxied on.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/955483103

I need a bolt.
Looks like everything else is pretty easy to track down, but I can't find a bolt.
Can I get a 336 bolt and open up the bolt face? Who could open that bolt face up for me?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin 1895 Bolt

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't know the answer to the question, but I've messed around with Marlin 1894s and 336s quite a bit and it seems like there are quite a bit of parts that you can swap. I always felt like the Marlins were built out of tractor parts like Uzi's, but the Winchester's were more like Glocks, (with lots of little teeny hand fit delicate looking parts).

Good luck with the project. Looks like you may be able to salvage a gun that somebody was about to screw up. I've been there and done that on both sides of that equation to be honest....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bgmkithaca
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bgmkithaca »

I have found Marlin 1895 parts at Western gun parts in Canada. If they have what you need it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get through customs coming into the states.
I noticed that your rifle is stainless and at times they have had quite a few parts for them. good luck with your search.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

+1 for western gun parts.