New Model Miroku Winchester 1892 Safety Delete Plug

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jstanfield103
Levergunner

New Model Miroku Winchester 1892 Safety Delete Plug

Post by jstanfield103 »

I have been to this site a few times but really have never stuck around. I have almost all my rifles are lever guns except one Marlin model 60. I have New Model Winchesters, Uberti' s, Marlins, Henry's and Browning along with Rossi's also. All very good rifles. But the Winchesters are really very well made. I have two 92's one in 45 Colt and one on the way in .44 mag.

Decided to give this site another try since I've started buying Winchester 1892's made in Miroku plant. Really love them and have done away with the rebounding hammer on mine. I would and have been attempting to find a safety delete plug for them. I am interested a little in having the safety delete professionally done but not really. I would prefer to have a couple of plugs made up. I see where Mossyoak1957 had one on an 186 and I did email him, but wondered if anyone makes these or has pictures of any that has been made ?

Thanks in advance
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: New Model Miroku Winchester 1892 Safety Delete Plug

Post by AJMD429 »

I have NKJ's plugs on several of my model 1892's but they are Rossi's and I'm guessing the Miroku's have a different (hopefully better) safety mechanism.

I definitely agree with the idea of replacing the safety in a lever action exposed hammer gun if it is going to be used for any serious tasks such as home protection or hunting large game.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I have a Winchester Legacy in .38-55 for which I have replaced the rebounding hammer system and removed the tang safety. I filled the hole left by the safety removal with a piece of white micarta. I was going to get my initials scrimshawed into it, but decided against it as the rifle will have a new owner after I'm gone.

For my Winchester 1886 Limited Edition, I replaced the rebounding hammer with a standard one from a Browning 1886, and after removing the tang safety I installed an MVA vernier tang sight that easily covers the safety hole.

Both of these rifles are set up for NRA Lever Action Silhouette competition.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That micarta looks good. I wonder if you could do the same with brass...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:41 pm .
That micarta looks good. I wonder if you could do the same with brass...?
Oh, that would be slick! :D
jstanfield103
Levergunner

Post by jstanfield103 »

The Micarta does look good but I was looking for that exact same thing in blued steel. How do you have that held in ? Glued ? I was looking and wondering if someone made these in steel that screwed on from the underneath side.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

jstanfield103 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:21 am The Micarta does look good but I was looking for that exact same thing in blued steel. How do you have that held in ? Glued ? I was looking and wondering if someone made these in steel that screwed on from the underneath side.
The micarta is glued in with J-B Weld.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
jstanfield103
Levergunner

Post by jstanfield103 »

Thank you