Show your reloading benches 2

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Show your reloading benches 2

Post by Tycer »

We had a thread showing our benches but most of the pics are gone. I have a friend who’s getting into reloading and thought I would share some ideas. His current dwelling is somewhat space limited.
9892B043-B4FD-43E9-90CF-DA5D469EEE41.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Show your reloading benches 2

Post by Blaine »

As soon as I can grab a snow shovel to clear it off, I might take a pic :lol: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My refuge from the world
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

When I finished remodeling it:

Recently in use:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Here's my mess. I have built a variant of this type of bench in several homes I have lived in. The careful observer will notice that I use a lot of Lee dies and molds -- and with complete satisfaction.

4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I think Lee's are the bet bang for the buck!
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Forget the snow shovel, small front end loader might work.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have to clear a spot when I want to reload some ammo. Not going to show pictures of my mess!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

At first I thought no way, then I remembered how special this little closet is! It pulls duty for reloading, flytying, few others, and praying! It's my favorite place under a roof, and right now it shows the flytying mode, but easily converts to reloading in minutes, I use a Lee Hand Press and 95% Lee components. This pitiful looking place turns out quality ammo and flies, in small quantities, the way I like it!
20221017_135952.jpg
20221017_140029.jpg
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

20221017_140041.jpg

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow. Fly-tying on the loading bench. I usually do it on the dining room table, and get all those bits of deer hair, hackles, peacock herl and mylar all over the eat :lol: :oops: ing surfaces ...
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

You have a lot of allergy 🤧 sneezing. Can't figure out what causes that :lol: ?

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Tycer wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:49 am We had a thread showing our benches but most of the pics are gone. I have a friend who’s getting into reloading and thought I would share some ideas. His current dwelling is somewhat space limited. 9892B043-B4FD-43E9-90CF-DA5D469EEE41.jpeg
nice work bench Tycer
but you are in violation of the national electric code.
:lol: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Walt wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm My refuge from the world
Whao...that's nice and organized.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:23 pm I have to clear a spot when I want to reload some ammo. Not going to show pictures of my mess!
Same here!
I spent the better part of last Sunday putting stuff away and it still looks like a bomb went off in there.

After the O'Bummer years, I made it a rule, never go to a show or gun shop and leave without buying something if I didn't fins anything good.
For several years, it was a box or two of .22s, when they dried up during the last panic, it could be just about anything. Need to cut back on that, I had a couple boxes of Hornady bullets down there that I don't remember buying! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

2ndovc wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:16 am
marlinman93 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:23 pm I have to clear a spot when I want to reload some ammo. Not going to show pictures of my mess!
Same here!
I spent the better part of last Sunday putting stuff away and it still looks like a bomb went off in there.

After the O'Bummer years, I made it a rule, never go to a show or gun shop and leave without buying something if I didn't fins anything good.
For several years, it was a box or two of .22s, when they dried up during the last panic, it could be just about anything. Need to cut back on that, I had a couple boxes of Hornady bullets down there that I don't remember buying! :D

jb 8)
My loading bench is so full of dies and primers I can't find a shelf for the last two die sets I bought. My ammo and reloading lockers are so full of loaded ammo, and reloading supplies that I took to stacking ammo boxes, and powder on the floor beside the lockers.
I found several 6'x3' metal cabinets sitting at the curb with a "free" sign on it this summer, and since space is an issue I only took the best of the three home. It's sitting in my garage waiting for me to do a major reorganization of my gun room so it can be moved downstairs and have another locker to organize ammo and reloading components.
Summers here are always busy with shooting, or old car stuff, so now that it's starting to cool off I can get to reworking my gun room soon, I hope!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

+1
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhh..you guys have all the loot...this is all I can afford on one side of the room.

But somehow this showed up on the other side....out of sight are around 80 sets of dies and probably 250 moulds...it's all starting to gather dust....---a half century of serious shooting, competing, and hunting has pretty much scratched the itch.---006

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:23 pm Ahhh..you guys have all the loot...this is all I can afford on one side of the room.

But somehow this showed up on the other side....out of sight are around 80 sets of dies and probably 250 moulds...it's all starting to gather dust....---a half century of serious shooting, competing, and hunting has pretty much scratched the itch.---006

I believe the above pictures "all the loot!" All of my stuff would fit in a very small corner of yours!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Griff.....I can get by with a whole lot less but 50 years of gunshows, auctions, estate sales, and especially word of mouth makes it all accumulate......I'm not much of a seller, preferring to think, "I might need that mould or dies one day." I've already taken a trailer load of stuff to the auction house.....going again next week to drop off another load.

Ive bought out many of an old timers cache. I've got another room out in the barn wth loads of stuff, even a like new gigantic Hollywood press.

There's also a pretty much a full gun library with reference. Nobody reads books anymore. The auction house does not even want them so I give them away.....every Gun Digest from 1950 to 2010 when I stopped buying them....with many duplicates from the 50's.

My job at the plant paid the bills...my guns were my life's work.-----006

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Sixgun, you have quite a collection there. Nice room, wonderful haven!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sad truth Sixgun but "nobody reads anymore" pretty much says it. A friend sent me all of 1943's AMERICAN RIFLEMAN issues .. all in great shape. That's gonna be some of my winter reading. The wartime issues are always interesting to me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jim....I don't understand it on people not reading books written by authors that were definitely telling you the truth....people rely on the internet to solve issues or to learn...problem with that is there are 7,825 answers and if you don't know yourself what the solution is, then how the heck are you gonna know which one to try?

The way I see it, it's their loss.....glad I was born when I was....

Thanks Walt---006

Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Six gun, You're Loaded! I'd like to have you for a neighbor!

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Yep, when the gun writers from the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s put their thoughts and experience on paper, they put their reputations on the line. Today's internet "writers" are anonymous; they have nothing to lose....instant experts.

I have collected gun-related books for years. Not everything written decades ago is still pertinent today because of new laws, new guns and new components but a lot of it is.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

`The man has a Browning Automatic Rifle. Dad, squad sniper with a scoped 1903, said he loved to hear the reassuring sound of the BAR in action; Sudetenland May, 1945.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hi Tycer -

I will snap some pictures of my set-up this weekend. I know I've posted them here before, but it has been years. I created my reloading bench 20+ years ago when I had very little space, and use a mounting block for the various presses and such. I now have a lot more room, but still use the set up, as I like it so much.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JimT wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:04 am Sad truth Sixgun but "nobody reads anymore" pretty much says it. A friend sent me all of 1943's AMERICAN RIFLEMAN issues .. all in great shape. That's gonna be some of my winter reading. The wartime issues are always interesting to me.
I'm in the old school dinosaur era where there was no internet to rely on. I'm still amazed at some questions I see guys ask on gun forums, when I know there are a dozen books that could answer their question. Or when I tell somebody the info is in a really good book, and they ask how much it costs, and then freak out when I tell them it's $40 or $70 for the book.
I have a family room I built in our finished basement, and my brother was running a remodel at a Catholic school, and tearing out oak book cases. I got enough book cases to cover one wall 15' long, floor to ceiling! It was heaven for me as I had boxes of gun books, and was tired of looking through the boxes when I wanted to read one.
Now I've filled those book shelves, and have two smaller book shelves in the same room that hold about 20-24 books each. I'm constantly accessing one of them for info, or just enjoying going through one of them to refresh my memory.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

One thing this post has done for me, is to get me off my rear and reorganize my gun room. It's going to take probably three days, if today was any indicator! I cleaned one end of the gun room completely out, and then asked my neighbor to help me move a 6' tall x 3' wide metal two door cabinet downstairs. Slid it against the wall and proceeded to fill it with powder, bullets, and loaded ammo I had stacked up in the corner because my other cabinet was full!
I still have to do the other end of the gun room, and then go after the loading bench. So I figure two more days, and then maybe it will be presentable, and easier to find things too!