"hELP me" (Progressive Rock song I wrote...)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"hELP me" (Progressive Rock song I wrote...)

Post by Old No7 »

Well, I may never be as handy with a hammer or welder as our friend Pitchy is, but I can tinkle a key or two on the keyboards. Besides guns or boating, this is my other hobby which I'll spend even more time on when I retire. I've been playing for 5+ decades and written over 60+ rock tunes or ballads over the years, but until now, they're all just "stuck in my head" or on paper -- and that's about to change!

I recently invested in a Tascam digital 24-track stereo recording deck with high-grade monitors ("flat response" speakers, for mixing the music so it sounds good on any medium) and added that into my music room with the 3 keyboards and 2 X 1,300 watt powered speakers. My bride now calls my "studio", and when she's not home, I really crank up those speakers and rock 'n roll! Anyway, I'd like to share one of my first recording efforts with the gang here.

This progressive rock song was literally thrown together by me in 20 minutes one evening recently after dealing with supply chain challenges all day... (Not fun…) So I named the song “hELP me” and the letters are capitalized that way as a tribute to the ‘70s progressive rock band “ELP” (Emerson, Lake and Palmer) who performed with Hammond organ, synthesizers, bass and drums; and there’s a track for each of those instruments. (And now I’m writing some lyrics for it too.)

Here's the Link to my song "hELP me" (click here for SoundCloud link)

And here's the keyboards and recording deck...
(from top: Yamaha MODX6 synthesizer ~ Hammond SK Pro 73 organ ~ Roland RD-88 digital piano)
Keyboards Studio 05-22 01 med.jpg
Give it a listen and/or comment... Hope you like it!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: "hELP me" (Progressive Rock song I wrote...)

Post by octagon »

Cool! Ive got an old copy of Brain Salad Surgery around here. Nice Hammond sound you got there. The old Tascams are great. My gear is a little dated ...Dynaco tube stuff. 8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, i could weld to that. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sounds good. I like that era of music.

Part of it reminds me of the organ sounds of Brian Auger's "Oblivion Express" (probably not one many people have heard of).

I never could play any instrument that well, but in the 70's we would get together and hook up combinations of turntables and dolby and dbx units, graphic equalizers, and high-end cassette tape decks, and record 'mix tapes' of a huge variety of bands, with 'filler' in between songs of rainstorms or other 'environmental' sounds to drown out the LP album-crackles and inevitable tape-hiss. When CD's came out I bought Dark Side of the Moon, Stravinksy's Firebird, Kansas' first album, and Bill Connors/Jan Garbarek's "Of Mist and Melting" and Jean Pierre Rampal's "East Meets West 2" - pretty much shook the dust out of our Klipsch's on the first three, and 'healed' with the last two. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)

I don't have a musical bone in my body. The only way you could get me to carry a tune would be to strap it on my back and beat me with a stick. :lol:

One of my favorite songs is "Touch and Go" by ELP.

Well done!!! :D :D :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Pretty cool. My musical talent is limited to the radio dial.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

high grade high class equipment ! cool stuff

Dad said I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, he's right . . .
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Forgot to say...nice chops!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool!
You are very talented. As someone with zero artistc ability, but a lifelong lover of music, I envy you being able to create your own.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.