Well .. I survived the Opening Day of our Annual Offering to the American Sun God.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Well .. I survived the Opening Day of our Annual Offering to the American Sun God.

Post by JimT »

With the time rolled ahead morning was about dark-thirty. Tonight when the grandson's should be in bed it's still light out and they are running at full throttle. Thankfully I was able to get a nice nap this afternoon. I try not to change my habits of the time I get up and so on, but the rest of the world around me seems to refuse to run by my schedule. -sigh- It has ever been thus.

Why we still keep such a crazy idea that was started by our enemies during WWI, I cannot fathom. The idea that you can make a day longer by changing the clock seems to fit with todays culture though. I have long preferred Africa where clocks did not mean much ... though it is harder to live that way here.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Well .. I survived the Opening Day of our Annual Offering to the American Sun God.

Post by Catshooter »

It's really too bad that we don't some sort of light source that would work off of electricity . . .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Well .. I survived the Opening Day of our Annual Offering to the American Sun God.

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, just wow, how will we ever deal with this 🙀 😹 🌝 🌝 🌝

Ladies run and hide, brave men shiver why this is worse than when Mike Fink was king of the river.

Now Texas is on what was New York time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm with ya Jim, it's high time we stop this madness. Now I have to start setting an alarm.
I've been rallying for a once and final change of time of 30 minutes, everyone gets a little more light.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...The idea that you can make a day longer by changing the clock seems to fit with todays culture though..."

That says it all.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

JimT wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 pm I have long preferred Africa where clocks did not mean much ... though it is harder to live that way here.
Years ago, I rode my motorcycle to the Holiday. When I crossed over into New Mexico, there was that time change issue. I took my watch off, while cruising down the road and I tossed it aside. I have not worn a watch since, though I am still a slave to the clock.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Since I was old enough to understand that clocks were changed I wondered why. As I got older I wondered who’s making money off of it. Now I understand it is just one of the first steps in government controlling the lives of the citizens.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

With the change, I get to work at the shooting range just before sunrise. We are at 4,500, and a cold, 20-knot morning wind spills down on us from the Sacramento mountaintops 5,000 feet above. Back to long underwear ... :lol:
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

It's like that old indian saying when the US proposed the time change, it's like taking a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it on the bottom to make it longer! :? :roll:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Glad I'm in Arizona and don't have to put up with it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Much ado about nada.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!