BUY a Levergun -- And Live LONGER ! ! !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

BUY a Levergun -- And Live LONGER ! ! !

Post by Old No7 »

I have no idea if this is an actual news story, or one made up for the internet...

...But I'm not taking ANY chances!!! :wink:

OK, what will I get next ? ! ? !

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Buy a Levergun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Re: BUY a Levergun -- And Live LONGER ! ! !

Post by Ysabel Kid »

True science!!! :D
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I've got a Win 94, 1894c and TWO 39a's, I MAY live forever! Maybe! :mrgreen: If not, somebody else may live longer! Maybe! :D

Then again, the way things are going now, I could just drop dead tomorrow, maybe! :?
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Well i wonder how much more time i get after trading off a mini 14 for a Ruger 96 in 44 mag? :D

ollogger
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ollogger wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:20 pmWell i wonder how much more time i get after trading off a mini 14 for a Ruger 96 in 44 mag? :D
ollogger
It said "...a fine lever action rifle"... :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Now that is some science that I could follow ! :)
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Griff wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:30 pm
ollogger wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:20 pmWell i wonder how much more time i get after trading off a mini 14 for a Ruger 96 in 44 mag? :D
ollogger
:lol: Dang Griff -- you're gonna' hurt Doc's feelings!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pat MeGroin PH.D.? Dunno if I'd trust that psychologist...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:02 am Pat MeGroin PH.D.? Dunno if I'd trust that psychologist...
or his associate, Jack Mehoff
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

IF TRUE...SOME OF YOU WILL LIVE A LONG LONG TIME :wink: :wink:
Last edited by RIHMFIRE on Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Well, who am I to argue with the science?

But it could be that folks who buy a fine levergun will get outside more in order to shoot it. Might take a walk in the woods and all of that is very good for you.
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

I've wanted to reply to this but was afraid it wouldn't make sense. But now, Scott's answer is the answer, and in my life, it was the answer! Now I don't know about the article, based upon facts, who wrote it, whatever? Buts it is LOGICAL!
In Nov 1996, I was I had done been working underground mining almost 20 years. I was in a really bad accident, a Coal Bump, and I know hardly any will understand, but basically it's an explosion of the coal all around you due to the pressure of massive big mountains above you. Exactly like water pressure down deep, from the water above. Well water can still flow but rock can't, but it still pressing down. Coal is very much like glass, a kinda solid, and when enough pressure is applied that a given size block will take it until it reaches its limit, then it explodes. But this ain't no mining lesson, it's about the levergun. Long story short, the explosion broke my neck, 4 front teeth out, nose about laying on my mouth, 4 ribs elbow, and any exposed skin literally sand blasted with fine dust. It killed 2 of my buddies, it blowed me almost 20ft, and the Coal coming at me is what done all the damage! Me and 2 more was buried up to my waste completely trapped. But help got us out soon, and didn't have my surgery until 2 weeks later, in hospital with motion sickness. If I even sit up in bed, I started heaving up. Laying down only relief. The worst damage was to my left arm, 90% paralyzed, nerve in neck.
But enough about all that. Dr told me my mining days over with, everybody else telling me this, family, friends, etc. You got to quit, file lawsuit get an abundant settlement, which I no doubt could've!!!
I was scared to death, no way, all I wanted was my life back, one boy grad HS in 2000, other in 2004.
I layer in house all winter, all I did was pray, God, give me life back, most my health, and I'll go on, and I knew I wanted it for His Glory! That's all I asked! Most said from previous experiences of family in past, "you'll cripple yourself in 5 years, then you'll be on your on"!
In late March I went back to work full speed! Men for about 3 years I suffered, come in fromwork, I'd have to raise my left arm with my right to wash my hair, the pain overwhelming! Everyday!
Well, all I could do was dream about being my old self, and I thought all the time especially of 2 things I loved in my youth? Shooting my longbow, and when I had my Marlin 39a squirrel hunting! Men I'm not being dramatic, it was real way more dramatic than I can describe. I couldn't get past the pain in my left arm just to lift it above half way, but I stilled worked full time.
One day I tried it, strung up my bow, a longbow, and started drawing and shooting! Praise God, it was the answer! The movement and work of drawing a bow, was the answer. It's what strengthen all the muscles in back of my neck and shoulders, and not long the pain went for the most part away, so I shot every day, and on a regular basis since. It wasn't long I was doing searches on internet, we'd had a computer by then, and not long searches about the 39a I found Leverguns.com.
No I didn't get involved with this site right from the start, I mostly just squirrel hunted for first time since early 80's. Work took all my time but eventually I was on here reading all the time, and finally got my old Marlin 336 and killed a deer, then a Mod 64 and killed a deer, so forth!
Men, God do work in mysterious ways, and what's important to a man, is in his heart to do, what he loves, that's what God works through, blesses with, rewards with!
Men, Leverguns.com, was a big piece of my recovery, and I knew it, thanked God daily for healing me to do the things I loved and promised I'd give him the glory for it. That's how he works. Just like Job said! Job 29:20 Myglory was fresh in me and my bow was renewed in my hand. Same goes for a levergun, whatever the instrument! It's dear to us so God works through it because we listen through it, it's important to us!
So yes, I believe the article could be true. And this site, it's stories, it's sharing, it's showing pics , everything. It is important, Profitable toward exhortation! Life!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Getting outside and doing something you love is really that important. Thank you for sharing that.

I'm a workaholic. I know it, but I cannot seem to do much about it. But when I am on the ranch shooting a sixgun, I don't care about work and I don't think about it.

I need that kind of break and I try to do it weekly. Its not good for a man to be cooped up too much. Get out and do what you can.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

ollogger
:lol: :lol:
OUCH!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

earlmck wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:22 am
ollogger
:lol: Dang Griff -- you're gonna' hurt Doc's feelings!
Jeepers he almost hurt mine

ollogger
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

ollogger
Thats ok Griff, the deal didnt go today as he was busy in his repair shop, i would think it may be better than a Rossi
but ive had a few of them & one had over 3500 rounds through it with out a whimper, i stuck a bunch of money in a 3rd. gen Colt that gave me nothing but high blood pressure, so i was thinking the Ruger would have to be
better for my health than a Colt :lol:

ollogger
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yeah, 3rd Gens can be a bit of "hit n miss"... putting the lie to Six's claim that all foreign stuff is junk... some American stuff is also. For what I do, (cowboy action), it doesn't matter what you buy, it's going to need to be worked on on if you expect it to live at all! When I started all I had was a Colt SAA, early 3rd Gen (1976 production that had replaced a late 2nd gen that had been stolen). I shot it for nearly a year in competition before I had Bob Munden tune and re-spring it. It's been rebuilt once since then... a birthday present from Bill Oglesby! There are very few gunsmiths I'll trust my Colts to... there are so many more that hang out a shingle and claim to know what they're doing than actually do, that a 10 to 1 ratio is probably an over estimation. I can think of five in the whole of the US. And I don't count Colt among those five!

I hope you know that I was just teasing with that comment... Rugers are very good guns, I've never had a "bad" example, some I just didn't like, but that's different than being a bad example. I don't own any "fine" guns... all mine are a working man's gun. Even if I think a couple are really pretty, and may approach "fine", I know they're not in that league! My prettiest??? A TTN hammered shotgun that I got from Nate Kiowa Jones, with CCH receiver and some very good action work... but, it's still a TTN, the Sherman Tank of shotguns. Next would be my custom mdl 94 Winchester with a bone & charcoal CCH job on receiver and heavyweight octagon bbl... very nice XXX-fancy stock and slick action by myself. A shooter thru and thru, but a pretty one! But the chamber is rough, and with full power loads, it's only about 3 loadings before the brass starts to split in the neck... weird splits, not at the mouth or the shoulder, but between the two fully inside the neck.

Maybe I'm a little OCD on the subject, but I consider "fine" guns to be those from the various custom shops of the manufacturers... I've seen some wonderful Winchester Custom Shop guns, and mine don't handle a candle... even if they make me feel great with carrying them afield. And in the final analysis, that's the point, ain't it?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Griff ---- You didnt hurt my feelings at all, it takes alot to do that, mostly i just get mad & bite my lip

Brad
pinefd
Levergunner

Post by pinefd »

Apparently, there's an update:

:lol:

Frank
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Pinefd Works for me :lol:

ollogger
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Love it!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!