Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Haha nice! Good lookin pups. Yeah, the nose knows. They start the filing system as soon as they are born.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No GK, my plan is to breed Parker and keep a pup. Gotta keep MY line going. Besides those are American field Labs, long legged , pointy heads and made to run all day. Im a British Lab guy. I like those big block heads,deep chested dogs- ya know how a Lab should be!

Yeah ya cant fool a dog nose, there is a reason dogs are mans best friend!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey hey there Gunny! My buddy Ruger is an American field lab! Well Winchester is an English so I have that covered too.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The two black lab bitches that I regularly look after ( my landlord's dogs) one has a pointy head the other a broad head. Both were sent away for training but are disobedient and next to useless as gundogs. I have tried to work them but it's so frustrating when you are used to decent Labs.

I think I posted about Piper my first black lab, I once ( and only once) shot three Mallards with one shot and Piper dived in and retrieved one but I had to fire two more shots in the air before he would go get the others... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats a dog that can count!!
I've mentioned Lady, its been said a sportsman is blessed with 1 perfect dog and she was the one! Hand signal control to about 500 yards. She would swim underwater after diving ducks, retrieve matched pairs of shoes, turn door knobs ( although a locking knob was safe) carry anything i told her to carry, 9 months old and she carried a bag of shot up from the basement and tore it apart & im still finding shot from 1989! She would also fetch firewood as I brought it in the house. Boy I miss her!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Dogs force us to be better people. Either dealing with frustration and patience.
Or dealing with loss.

Nothing worse than losing what we know is that one special companion. We have ours now.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Shirley lost her little dog Rebel just before the lockdown but took in this little lady in April, a two year old cockerpoo with only one eye, she is the friendliest dog I have ever known. She will chase anything that looks like game, so I can't wait to take her squirrel hunting at my place, I reckon she will tree Squirrels ok but I doubt she will climb the tree after them like Nath's Jess... :D
IMG_20210530_092055.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Neighbors have a Corgipoo, she is the happiest little thing, loves people, other dogs but boy does she want to herd the local deer!

So out at the bunker today one of our regulars shows up with a Beretta SO4, these are true sid locks guns, most were made to order, hence the S.pecial O. rder designation. Anyhow he bought it last year from another regular. I hadn't really paid much attention to it,but today I heard the siren song. I asked to try it, closed it and that bank vault lock up sound just spoke to me. (I had one years ago that wasn't my dimensions) This one is very close though! So I put 2 shells in it, called for a target and smoked it. Called for another and smoked it again and again going 9 for 10. As the day went on I shot it a bit more. He mentioned he might sell it, I said give me first crack at it. We agreed to that. Now I gotta find a spare $7500.00!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Buddy I would like to help you out with that SPO so I’ll give you a hondo for that single six. I know I am a giver. On a seriouserer note. I know a very happy Grandpa who got to go out and play with his 50-100-450. I shot a frozen gallon water jug at 25 yards and it disintegrated. We found a bunch of ice chunks about the size of a quarter but not much else. It was sooooo cool. We were at the gun club because today was our annual “Youth shoot” after the kids were done the adults got to shoot.. and me too!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My biggest gun regret is selling my Beretta, straight stock double trigger, Divorce can make you do stupid things :roll: keep saving Gunny.

Glad to hear the adults let you shoot your artillery piece..... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We don't see Beretta field guns here other than the Silver Snipe series.

I bet that great big ol 50 cal ad those kids in awe! Look out brown critters Tom is gonna flatten one of ya! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have never seen another Beretta O/U like the one I had, which makes me even more sore for letting it go, missed it more than I missed my wife. It must have been a rare model as I can't even find a picture of it on the net. I bought it second hand from a friend who had a gunshop near where I worked and he let me have it real cheap only to find he had bought it of someone who hadn't finished paying for it and who had later commited suicide with a .410.

Reckon Tom's out to get a Buffalo coat... :wink:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Most of the kids were gone before the staff started shooting. A couple of the staff had their kids hanging around, and I offered a 15 year old the chance to shoot it. "HA NO WAY TOMMY! was his response. I gotta do something about a tang sight for it though.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Never been a huge shotgun guy. Not sure why not. My uncle has one of those Silver Snipes.
Hey GK, your lost Beretta sounds interesting. It's probably best you don't know.
Only thing I have or have had is off the wall shotguns.
I had a nice model 1882 Spencer for a long time. I still have a model 1887 Winchester
I have a Sarisquetta (spelling?) 16ga. SxS. I have a minty early Winchester model 12 20ga. My best shotgun would be the gifted Parker Trojan 20 ga.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 am Never been a huge shotgun guy. Not sure why not. My uncle has one of those Silver Snipes.
Hey GK, your lost Beretta sounds interesting. It's probably best you don't know.
Only thing I have or have had is off the wall shotguns.
I had a nice model 1882 Spencer for a long time. I still have a model 1887 Winchester
I have a Sarisquetta (spelling?) 16ga. SxS. I have a minty early Winchester model 12 20ga. My best shotgun would be the gifted Parker Trojan 20 ga.
You have some interesting scatter guns, I wouldn't mind that model12 in 20 gauge as Six would say " can I have it? "
Here in not so jolly old England shotguns are easier to acquire than anything with those spiral lines inside the barrel, I guess WW2 didn't teach them anything. 1940 folks were told to fix knives on broom sticks now they don't even like us having knives.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Time to immigrate to this side of the pond! We can use a few SAS guys!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

At nearly 73 I'm more SOS than SAS.... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

One of the 'old' guys that hunted with us 'kids' would always tell us
Youth and enthusiasm will never overcome age and treachery- you've been around the block so I've got faith you would be an asset! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:46 pm At nearly 73 I'm more SOS than SAS.... :lol:
Hahaha that's funny!

But I don't believe it for a minute.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for your confidence guys, I had a rough night and this morning I feel about as useful as Jim Bowie at the Alamo.... :(
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Too much gin?
Well this afternoon I have interview #2 with the parks department.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good luck Gunny.... :D

It wasn't the gin this time, I think it was too much gravy and taters... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:20 am Thanks for your confidence guys, I had a rough night and this morning I feel about as useful as Jim Bowie at the Alamo.... :(
GunnyMack wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:30 am Too much gin?
Well this afternoon I have interview #2 with the parks department.

Hahahaha!
Ole GK is really on his game the last couple days. You should really think about moving west, buddy.

Best of luck to you Gunny!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

GOOD LUCK GUNNY!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks guys!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've got a warm fuzzy feeling... Won't hear anything for a few weeks, they are very busy this time of year.

Anyhow, got home to no power. Seems a pole fell/got hit by a car & snapped causing a wire fire. Now the outage map says 7pm estimated time to return to the 21st century... but that ain't gonna happen with severe thunderstorms!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No power sucks.
I threw the belt for the mowing deck on my small John Deere yesterday. It looked really bad, but it looked really bad 9 years ago, so I put it back on. I started her up and gingerly engaged it. She spun, but there was a little thump. Well, for a few minutes, then the belt exploded.
Ordered a new one.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

D'oh!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Those mower belts take a lot of punishment it's a wonder that they last as long as they do.
I think my drive belt is busted, I've spent the last two days in bed and haven't eaten anything since Monday. I don't think it's the Chinese virus could be I poisoned myself with my cooking. I can't remember the last time I was so sick.
Gunny, I admire your patience, the selection process for the ranger job must be very through but well worth waiting for.. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually the county rangers are normally a small crew but right now there are only 2. One of the senior guys wrecked his ankle and has had it reconstructed, not sure if he is returning, another resigned to go to the state police and another quit! They are struggling to get everything done, bureaucracy slows down the hiring.
What I was told was that my hunting/fishing experience is a huge benefit in this process. Who would have thought 40 years of playing squirrel (sitting in a tree scratching my nuts) would be employment worthy? :lol:

I've had my mower belt jump off, it's a real bear to get back in the pulleys, suppose I should get a spare at some point...

Get well John! Sure hope you don't have the who flung poo virus!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry to hear you're under the weather John. I hate being sick, mostly because of the wasted time.
I really wasn't that sick when I had the rona. The ear infection was the worse part because it went untreated for two weeks. I hate plugged ears. Today is the first day the fluid is gone.

Sounds like a good job Gunny. I really hope you get it buddy. They are short of wardens up here if you want to move north. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks guys, I knew my lousy cooking would get me one day... :lol:

I spent some of my time watching videos on life in colonial America, interesting stuff, I even found out in Massachusetts you got three shillings and six pence for shooting a fox. A kid used his father's musket and immediately put a shilling away to put towards his own gun... :D of course nowadays that would be deemed wrong on all counts.. :roll:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, with inflation how much would that be today? What was the actual denomination of a pence or a shilling?

You feeling better?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

For many years here, there was a 50 cent bounty for a set of porcupine feet. My dad and his buddy that passed away and left me the 1903 Colt and Parker used to hunt them. They killed most of em with a club hollowed out and filled with lead. They bought 22 shells with the money.
Matter of fact, I just got home from riding around with dad with the Jeep in his old stomping grounds. Old tote roads in the Burrill woods.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Still feeling rough but it will pass.
Back in those far off days 12 pennies made a shilling and 20 shillings made a pound. 3/6 as it was then would be a pretty generous bounty.
We used to get a bounty on Grey Squirrel tails but I used to sell them together with Jay wings and Stoat tails for making fishing flies.
Mole skins is something else I used to sell but what they were used for I haven't a clue and of course Fox pelts used to have a value too.

Here's a link to the old B/W video 10 minutes long but I enjoyed it.
https://youtu.be/dqnsbpCtB8o
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Stoat? Weasel yes? Jay wings as in blue jay? Only bird Lady would not touch, used to give the jay population a good shellacking just cuz they eat so many baby song birds. Anyhow she wouldn't fetch a bluejay!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The British Jay is different from the American Jay but shares the same habit of nest raiding, I too used to give them a good "shellacking" boy I haven't heard that expression in ages, I don't give them such a hard time these days as their numbers have dropped quite a bit and I don't see or rather hear that many now.
roy-jay-woodpecker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! I'm an American Jay, and you're right, I look nothing like that!
And I'll have you know.........I don't raid nests!

Jeeeeeez! I thought I was you guys friend? :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I was going to add that the American Jay is a very much handsomer bird but you already know that.... :lol:
I'm sure you don't steal eggs or chicks either and even if you did I'd still be proud to know you. :D Anyway I doubt that the Buffalo coat has suitable non crushable pockets.. :?
Cyanocitta-cristata-or-Common-North-American-Blue-jay.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:17 am Well I was going to add that the American Jay is a very much handsomer bird but you already know that.... :lol:
I'm sure you don't steal eggs or chicks either and even if you did I'd still be proud to know you. :D Anyway I doubt that the Buffalo coat has suitable non crushable pockets.. :?
Ha! Yes...... I am a handsome bird! :D
I may have stolen a chick at some point in my past.... :D
Don't think I've stolen any eggs, however.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

But what is a stoat?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:17 am But what is a stoat?
A weasel...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A Stoat is larger than a Weasel and has a black tip to its tail, their fur turns white in a really cold winter and that's where Ermine comes from the black tips on Ermine is the tail as it stays black in winter.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A Stoat is a member of the Weasel family but bigger and unlike the Weasel it has a black tip to it's tail, in a really cold winter the Stoats fur turns white and is called Ermine.
You can see all the black tails in a Ermine robe as the tail remains black. I apologize for the image to illustrate this, I don't want you colonials reaching for your muskets.. :lol:
csm_0412-ceremonial-elizabeth-ii-3_79aabb1982.jpg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

medium.jpg
I used to trap a lot of both when gamekeeping but only ever shot one that had turned Ermine, quite rare to see in the Midlands but common up North.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pretty little critters but quite savage.
main-qimg-b4dd37f94cdd986165dbfa9bf6781792.jpeg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ours turn every year. We call em weasels and in the winter Ermine.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats what I thought they were, but being as you Brits have some strange & funny slang terms i wasn't sure.
Yup, im well aware they can be nasty critters, when I lived in Colorado the state wildlife department was reintroducing the black footed ferret. Only ever saw one and it was on a mission - digging for a praire dog dinner!
The whole weasel family are cool critters, including otters. Saw a family group of 6 one year in Quebec, swam right up to the boat in the middle of the lake and checked us out.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:17 pm Ours turn every year. We call em weasels and in the winter Ermine.
They are called Weasels in Ireland too. The Irish winters are not usually cold enough for them to change.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:12 pm
OldWin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:17 pm Ours turn every year. We call em weasels and in the winter Ermine.
They are called Weasels in Ireland too. The Irish winters are not usually cold enough for them to change.
I learnt sumpin!
I had no idea it was temperature driven. :?
Is it the same with rabbits?

I'd never heard of em not changing so I never gave it a thought. It gets plenty cold here! :lol: