What do you sleep on?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

What do you sleep on?

Post by GunnyMack »

Gentlemen, I'm looking to replace my mattress. I've slept on water for the past 25 years. Yeah yeah, comments abound. BUT I sleep so well! Anyhow about 5 years ago my original mattress sprung a leak. Since then I've replaced it 3 times. I'm fed up!
Now I'm looking at hybrid mattresses, the Purple is leading the pack. Any of you have a Purple? Thoughts? Other brands?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What do you sleep on?

Post by 6pt-sika »

The mattress on my bed is about twenty years old and I have no idea what it is to be honest . I however also have a couch in my bedroom and it works better to watch the tv . To be honest I sleep more on the couch than I do in the bed . When I go to the Philippines my wife likes a very very firm mattress . Hers is about eight inches thick very very firm foam , I call it the rock . To each his own , it might not be better for the back but I prefer soft hence the reason I sleep on the couch often .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've had memory foam for awhile. Best I've ever slept, but it's a chore getting out of it in the morning.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old saying Master Gunny......NEVER buy cheap shoes or cheap mattresses......(I, personally would like to add cheap foreign guns).

I have four pairs of Redwings, Winchesters & Colts, and sleep on a $1,500 semi firm mattress. (that's about 10-15 years old) I flip it every several months and change direction.

I'm 66 and spring outta bed, go outside, lift heavy boulders, and wear a backpack with 200 pounds of lead ingots in it.

Birdman of Leverguns
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Ha! Another fan of "The Wave".

I've been on one since the '80's. Only gone through about three or four in that time.

Darn near unavailable in stores anymore. Last one we got, eight years plus was off amazon. think it was some place out of Canada.

Can't give you the link, it's been so long it's not in our buying history.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I sometimes sleep on some fine Scotch whiskey.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Tempur pedic. On my second but only because I went to an adjustable frame. As good as the original was my wife likes flat and I like an elevated head. The new frame is able to adjust the sides independently.

Another plus is the newer mattresses sleep cooler and the Tempur pedic is much easier to get out of than others we looked at.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Relaxed firm Loom and Leaf hybrid by Saatva. We liked it so much we bought another one for our daughter’s guest bedroom. One is 6 years old and the other 4. https://www.saatva.com/mattresses/loom-and-leaf
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Boy, what a question. Google the topic and you will get at least a thousand opinions. I researched, read reviews at "Sleep Like the Dead" and Consumer Reports. Ended up with a Lull memory foam, semi-firm. I frankly sleep like hell, but then I just had my third back surgery in four years, enjoy chronic GERD and tend to sleep very hot, sweating a lot. My ex and I had the top-of-the-line Tempurpedic and while I appreciated the adjustable pedestal, I still slept hot on the thing.
If I were looking currently, I might consider something from Casper.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I decided to just get another water mattress, waveless this time.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!