Memorial Day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Memorial Day

Post by Old No7 »

Says it all...

Never Forget -- Thank a Vet!

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Memorial Day.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Memorial Day

Post by AJMD429 »

I sent that to everyone I could think of. Along with the woman-at-gravesite one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Yepper good one. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Anyone watch the Memorial Day concert on PBS last night? One of the best I've ever seen. A very moving event, without any politics involved. Just memorials to many who gave all.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here’s the way I sent it to most of the recipients...

2FB9F0D7-7396-4D79-BB46-EC958B0C2FB9.jpeg
Be sure to educate a young person about Freedom today.
(Please Note: In many jurisdictions that does NOT include punching a SnowFlake in the face...but that doesn’t mean you can’t educate them on how they came to have the right to BE a SnowFlake without getting tossed off a building, tongue cut out, or locked in prison just for criticizing a politician....)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I have family that have fought in all 7 of those wars listed. 94 years continuous service from WW1 to the Sandbox. None currently serving. I salute all of them, those who made it back, and those that did not.
One member here invariably must point that we only honor the dead on this day... save your fetid breath.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have family who served in combat in wars. One Great Uncle was a Railroad Engineer who was gassed in WWI. He lived, but was never healthy for the rest of his life. One Uncle flew B24 Liberators in the Pacific. He made it back every mission. One mission, he touched down and taxied to a stop and one wing fell off. He had to belly land once because the landing gear was so shot up that it would not come out. He died a few years ago at age 102. Bomber pilots in WWII didn't have any better of a survival rate than any other combat role. Another Uncle was Infantry in a unit that was part of Patton's Second Armored Division. He was Awarded a Silver Star. What he was proud of was how many points he donated to the married soldiers so that they could get home to their families. He saved several lives that way, but he could never know for sure how many. His few stories he told his nephews were nothing to do with combat. He remembered fishing off the coast of Sicily out of a rowboat using concussion grenades. He remembered eating lemons in North Africa. He said one variety was as big as an orange and just as sweet. He remembered eating grapes in France. He saved some local man's life in North Africa, although he never told us how it happened. That man tried to give my Uncle one of his daughters for a wife. My Uncle could not take her, and the local got quite insulted. He never told us a lot of details. Pretty much normal for those who have been in combat from what I am told. A Cousin was with the Rangers, 3rd Battalion, in Desert Storm. He went to Iraq and to Afghanistan. Last I knew, he is back living on the farm near Pratt, KS and seems to be adjusting. My best friend's son was in Afghanistan and got hit by mortar shell splinters. His left knee was the worst. It was saved, but he was given permanent disability. My Great Grandfather William Montgomery Wyant served under Myles Keogh in the War Between The States and on into the campaign against the Plains Indians. He retired just before the Seventh Cavalry went out to Custer's final battle. Captain Myles Keogh was actually the one who rode Comanche. Comanche was not Custer's horse.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I honor all who have have passed, whether it was in combat or in a training accident or those who had hung up their uniform and lived out their lives. Think I read somewhere that there were just as many killed in training accidents in WWII as those actually killed in combat. All who have served and are no longer with us should be remembered.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those who served in wars might have been drafted, might have volunterred, but they were there.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost