B92 Front Sight Blade

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

B92 Front Sight Blade

Post by CBinNH »

So, I shot my new to me B92 .44 Mag with Winchester 240 grain JSP ammo.
Grouped fairly well for me at 50 yards but about 6 inches high with my rear sight fully lowered.
Do older Winchester carbine sight blades interchange or am I going to have to get creative? I think I have a few laying around. Thanks.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: B92 Front Sight Blade

Post by Pat C »

Original blades were right at 1/16" wide ,not sure if Browning B92 used same or not .Should be close or just make one .That's what I did when I made my post type sight for my Rossi.
I think Marbles still make these in varying heights or at least still can be found pretty easy if you want bead type.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

The standard B92 had the base and blade made as one piece. The Browning Centennial 92s had a pinned in blade.

If yours has the one piece, you can file or have it milled to take a blade, or you could get a different rear sight, which may be simpler.

Mine came with a drill dimple in the rear face with paint in it making it sort of a bead. I painted it bright orange and it stands out in near darkness, but I put a Lyman receiver sight on it so I never had to change the height of the front sight. If you drill and tap it for a receiver sight, be sure to back the tap out more frequently than normal, the receivers are pretty hard and can break a tap easily if you dont keep it cleaned out. Id suggest backing it out every 1/4 to 1/3 turn and use plenty of cutting oil.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Mine is a Centennial.
I guess I will find the right size punch & go from there.
I'd like to get the top left one in pic to work.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Looks like bottom left may be taller? Top left blade is for 32 WS model 94 I believe.