Need competent gunsmith in Colorado to cut down 1895

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Need competent gunsmith in Colorado to cut down 1895

Post by sore shoulder »

Or talk me down, but probably won't work. :)
Just traded my son for an 1895 I gave him years ago (he made out pretty good but I wanted it more than he did). Pre rem 1895 with 20" barrel. Miss my old guide gun and want to cut this one down to 16.5" and cerakote. I haven't run across any competent gunsmiths in CO and don't want to send it out for several reasons. I'm not beyond doing it myself, but I really don't have the time. Thanks in advance.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Need competent gunsmith in Colorado to cut down 1895

Post by Rockrat »

Check out Ray Montgomery. I think he advertises in Handoader mag. and IIRC , is out of Pallisade, over by Grand Junction. Don't know if he does ceracoating though
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

TRINIDAD STATE JUNIOR COLLEGE- P.O.Ackley's gunsmith program- probably won't even cost you!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Rockrat wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:15 am Check out Ray Montgomery. I think he advertises in Handoader mag. and IIRC , is out of Pallisade, over by Grand Junction. Don't know if he does ceracoating though
Worth a drive over the hill for competent work and a correctly indexed front sight. They don't make JM barrels anymore. I can get cerakote done anywhere or do it myself.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30