Meat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Meat

Post by wolfdog »

Just back from a week in Georgia at hunting camp. A lot of big bucks were taken but not by me but I am quite happy with the small buck and large doe I got, they fill the freezer and will eat good. Took the buck with 250-3000 bolt action shooting a 100 grain Sierra and it is the first time I have ever recovered a rifle bullet from a deer. The big doe I shot at about 230 yard with the same bullet but ahot out of my 25/06 #1, it went on through.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Meat

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I sat out on Sunday and watched this young buck from about 20 yards. He was spooked but he could not figure out why. He had an 8 point rack, but the horns were inside his ears and he was perfectly safe as he was not legal. But I would bet that he would taste as good as a legal deer.

Congratulations! Its a win that you got to go hunting.