Early 60's BC Miroku O/U Top Lever Spring

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Early 60's BC Miroku O/U Top Lever Spring

Post by Fisher-Price »

Edited to add this is an O/U 20 gauge.

Shot in the dark probably. Any of you have a source for an early 60's Type 1, BC Miroku Top lever spring and pin? 20 Gauge. I have the part numbers but all of the usual suspects and internet scouring show this to be an obsolete, out of stock part for an apparently common problem.

Looks like I may have to get a smith to either fabricate one or convert it to coil spring operation. If you search there is a YouTube of a guy doing the conversion.

Spring# 2224-20-T1
pin, screw, and spring pin are respectively 2224b, 2224c, 2224d.

thanks,
Scott
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Early 60's BC Miroku O/U Top Lever Spring

Post by .45colt »

Scott , if You haven't already You may want to post this over on "Shotgun world". I re-member when Miroku shot guns were very popular in the '70s. Good Luck.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I found a place in England that had quite a list of springs, some time snooping on the web might turn up a spring. Of course I dont remember how I found them but I do remember searching for flat top lever springs.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

I will keep searching there probably are some overseas somewhere. I think I turned up some parts in other languages. I got most of my info from Shotgun World and I could post over there I suppose. I’m to the point I had almost rather go car shopping and deal with a salesman than create another account and login :lol:

I do not mind taking a look see and doing minor fitting part replacing. I have already turned this over to a professional smith. I will let you know what the final solution turns out to be. He’s mostly retired so don’t expect an update any time soon.

FP
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I found a place on trapshooters.com that made Springs for my Browning Broadway and seems to me on his website he listed a pile of other brands he made stuff for . I think I saved his website info somewhere , if I can find it I’ll post it .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Scott , I have an interest in this as well... I have a Miroku model 500 SXS that I bought in '74 . it has 30" barrels and handles like it has 26" . I sure hope to keep it running. 8) .