Question on Winchester 94 stocks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
levers
Levergunner 2.0

Question on Winchester 94 stocks

Post by levers »

I've got an older Winchester 94 that needs a replacement stock. I'd like to find a nice original stock to put on it. Since I'm sure I'll have to find it via the internet, I want to make sure that I don't buy a stock that won't fit. My gun was made around 1930.

Will any pre-64 stock fit it? If there are different stock designs, what are the cut off years?

Thanks
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Stocks

Post by Hillbilly »

I thinks all pre 64 model 94 and 92 stocks are interchangeable.

If you find a used one it may or not fit well. There was a lot of hand fitting on those pre 64 Winchesters.

Someone posted a good source of new reproduction stocks here, a couple of pages back. If you buy a repro there will be enough wood to fit it to your rifle or carbine.

Hill
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think the change was earlier, like after the war (WW2). Later pre-64's have the same butt stock fitting details as the post 64 guns. The back end of the forends changed in 64, and at some point they made the wood shorter in front of the band, I think it was shortly after the war also.