Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .

Post by marlinman93 »

It seems like everyone sitting in a position to want pot, or to get rich from pot is finding any excuse to endorse it. Politicians are fighting hard to get it legalized beyond state levels and make it federally accepted. They want the votes from potheads, and the tax dollars from pot sales. They care nothing about any data showing increased deaths for states that have legalized pot and saw traffic related deaths by intoxicated drivers sky rocket.
It's only a matter of time until the politicians and corrupt people willing to sell their soul to get it legalized federally win this. Then everyone will deal with the ramifications that states who legalized it have had to deal with.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not sure where you got your data, but data gathered from the state of Colorado itself does not support your statement. In this attached impact study done by MADD shows that while traffic deaths rose a bit over 30%, traffic deaths involving marijuana rose 151% at the same time!
And from 2013 to 2017 traffic deaths involving marijuana pre legalization, vs. post legalization went from 11.43% to 21.3% So your data about a one year rise seems unfounded.
Here's the impact study results done by MADD:

https://www.madd.org/hawaii/wp-content/ ... _10.18.pdf
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

We've seen the same similar data here in Oregon since marijuana was legalized. The DUI's for marijuana went up, as did accidents while DUI. Accidents both fatal and non fatal went up drastically the first year, then lowered, but were both still greater than before pot was legalized.
But since pot is "essential" the potheads can keep the percentages up during the quarantines!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My scientific wild-azzed guess, SWAG, is that they are testing for THC after accidents now, where they didn't before. Another SWAG is that the people that were using before are the ones using now. It's been a very long time since anybody in Washington was arrested for a small personal amount of weed.
If people get some good medical use from it that's a plus.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Read a Nor.Ca. newspaper that a fellow trailering almost 800 lbs of weed was cited and released. :shock: one joint in Texas will get you handcuffed.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Medical use I totally support because it keeps me off 50 mc Fentanyl everyday, people tend to die at 6n and I know Fentanyl destroys your body, cannabis well IDK.
Recreational I do not support, anyone doesn't think kids will have it is in fantasy world or just doesn't care. The other reason / problem the blood sucking pharmaceutical companies are not (can't be) involved. There's ZERO control, even if a edible is a fixed amount the same fixed amount is different in one of the 50+ strains and might work quite differently for you. I always told people it's like getting a capsule that may or may not be totally filled with one of many different chemicals that work differently. I think the proper term is "stuff shoot" I wish I could just take a pill 3 times a day, life would be a lot easier than being my own chemist.

I'll touch on driving, you drive slower and leave more space between your trucks.
A honest cop with experience will tell you the same thing.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Why would you drive at any speed if you've smoked or eaten pot?
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 am Why would you drive at any speed if you've smoked or eaten pot?
Medications only work if they are in your body, I can't get to work without driving.
From what I witness I'm one of the safest drivers on the road.

Only other option is disability, no thanks.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That's the issue with pot. Most medications sold over the counter or prescription have warnings about driving or operating machinery while using them. Not pot.
Having lost my wife's mother killed by someone driving under the influence of marijuana, I can tell you it can end up in someone's death. And that was way back in 1978 before it was legal anywhere.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 am That's the issue with pot. Most medications sold over the counter or prescription have warnings about driving or operating machinery while using them. Not pot.
Having lost my wife's mother killed by someone driving under the influence of marijuana, I can tell you it can end up in someone's death. And that was way back in 1978 before it was legal anywhere.
Fentanyl comes with a HELL NO too but I need to get to work, I'm not sucking on the tit of the government when I can work.
Under the influence of Marijuana and what else?
If Marijuana "hypes" you up to drive fast, there's ABSOLUTELY something else in it or THEM already.
With Alcohol this is a bad mix, even one I don't drive.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

When I worked the electrical industry had initiated on their own to submit to pee tests to check for impairment. We were the first in the US right here to set the example for the whole trades. We set the rules to make a test required before you were dispatched to take a job call, and then randomly once a year there after.
The basis of the testing was to ensure the guy working next to you was going to be unimpaired, and able to do the job without endangering himself or anyone else. I saw the change within the quality of electricians I got from the hiring hall, and only had one case where an electrician came to the job and the next day I got a call to send him packing because his results came in saying he'd failed his test. What was interesting was I had reservations on him with just one day on the job, which were confirmed with the test results.
There's no question in my mind that anyone using various controlled substances is impaired to some level. Whether they drive, or work, they're still not operating at 100%. That's a fact.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am When I worked the electrical industry had initiated on their own to submit to pee tests to check for impairment. We were the first in the US right here to set the example for the whole trades. We set the rules to make a test required before you were dispatched to take a job call, and then randomly once a year there after.
The basis of the testing was to ensure the guy working next to you was going to be unimpaired, and able to do the job without endangering himself or anyone else. I saw the change within the quality of electricians I got from the hiring hall, and only had one case where an electrician came to the job and the next day I got a call to send him packing because his results came in saying he'd failed his test. What was interesting was I had reservations on him with just one day on the job, which were confirmed with the test results.
There's no question in my mind that anyone using various controlled substances is impaired to some level. Whether they drive, or work, they're still not operating at 100%. That's a fact.
I suspect the same is very much true with the common cold.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

David wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am
marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am When I worked the electrical industry had initiated on their own to submit to pee tests to check for impairment. We were the first in the US right here to set the example for the whole trades. We set the rules to make a test required before you were dispatched to take a job call, and then randomly once a year there after.
I suspect the same is very much true with the common cold.
I think your bias is affecting your judgement. A cold might affect a worker, but doubt it's to the same level. And if it was most people would be home recuperating.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm
David wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am I suspect the same is very much true with the common cold.
I think your bias is affecting your judgement.
Ditto.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

David wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm
David wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am I suspect the same is very much true with the common cold.
I think your bias is affecting your judgement.
Ditto.
David, is there any chance you could have relief with CBDs?
I tried...LEGALLY in Washington....to make some Pot Butter with coconut oil and found the just rubbing it into my aching knees and shoulders would break the blood/brain barrier. I would have been impared if I had tried to do anything much for a day or so.
I haven't personally tried the CBDs.
I find that using Tiger Balm White Max Strength and a couple drops of DMSO to rub it in with gives me great relief with aching joints...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV