new pistol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

new pistol

Post by rossim92 »

My new ruger 22/45 pistol came in today after i ordered it three weeks ago. went and filled out paperwork with md state police. the gun is in quarantene for 7 days. ordered wood grips from ls grips for 29 bucks. those will be here this saturday. link for the gun https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245/models.html. :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new pistol

Post by marlinman93 »

Your gun got covid 19 and is quarantined? Or was it just exposed?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:11 pm Your gun got covid 19 and is quarantined? Or was it just exposed?
It was exposed. I fondled it a bit before putting back into the box and handing it back over. :(
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Never shot one of their 22/45 pistols but I love my MKII bull barrel. It's probably the most accurate 22 handgun I've owned. Have fun with it when it gets over the carona virus.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I love mine, but it is one of the models with un-replaceable grips. Accurate and great for suppressor-use with a red-dot sight.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

hondo1892 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:50 pm Never shot one of their 22/45 pistols but I love my MKII bull barrel. It's probably the most accurate 22 handgun I've owned. Have fun with it when it gets over the carona virus.
The MK II Target models are still the top of the mountain for the Ruger MK's. Best money I ever spent. Second best money was the Williams Firesights on it now. Great for highly experienced eyes.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I searched for a replacement for my beloved S&W 422 so I could give it to my son (why they quit making them I will never know).
I wound up buying a Ruger 22/45 Lite. I've had it several years and it runs and shoots like a champ. I did, however, make a couple changes.
I ditched the magazine safety, did the "slingshot" modification to drop the bolt, and got rid of the loaded chamber indicator with a Tandom Cross (I believe) filler.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

once i get it back , I will put the LS grips on them made from walnut, The lighter color grips should break up the darth vader look a bit. And i will coat the front sight with red or orange fingernail polish to make it easier to sight .
gforce 12ga semi
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ruger MkII with a tapered barrel has been my .22 lr since I was 19 years old. My Dad signed for it. It has never failed me. For a reasonably priced .22 lr, I don't see anything wrong with Ruger MK whichever .22s. Both of my kids learned to shoot pistols with it, and SightHunter can really shoot with a pistol. I got an Article 15 in the Army for shooting better than the Post Champion with a 1911. It EMBARRASSED my Platoon Sergeant because he lost a bet against me. I used to shoot that Ruger quite a lot and I was pretty good with it, and consequently, pretty good with just about any pistol I got a grip on.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ruger 22 cal long rifle
automatic pistol

this one has the silver medalion, I believe the first version had a red medalion...

14-78xxx if anyone knows the year code?

this is an outstanding, accurate bit of kit. I'm super glad to have it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Grizz wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm Ruger 22 cal long rifle
automatic pistol

this one has the silver medalion, I believe the first version had a red medalion...

That's a Mark I - 1978.
The Medallion went from black to red when Sturm died it 1951.
The Mark IV is a fantastic gun, I never was a fan of the "III" I have at least a 1/2 maybe a dozen 1's, and 2's. I wouldn't have them if they sucked :o
I have the ROCS version with the fancy wood grips, I don't have the skill to make fancy wood ones.
I do have some, (what I think is nice) wood given to me by good friend for 50 years, maybe someday.
I've since given my mill away but I've never done wood... and I don't fix Colt Lighting's either would probably be better named Colt Nightmares.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

David wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 am
automatic pistol

That's a Mark I - 1978.
The Mark IV is a fantastic gun, I never was a fan of the "III" I have at least a 1/2 maybe a dozen 1's, and 2's. I wouldn't have them if they sucked :o
I have the ROCS version with the fancy wood grips, I don't have the skill to make fancy wood ones.
I do have some, (what I think is nice) wood given to me by good friend for 50 years, maybe someday.
I've since given my mill away but I've never done wood... and I don't fix Colt Lighting's either would probably be better named Colt Nightmares.
Very Cool. Thanks for the date info. I can't think of one thing that I would change on Mark 1, unless I could find a stainless one. The stainless models I see nowdays cost more than a rifle. Out of my budget... Only problem with the 1's is magazines are scarcer. I got 2 new made ones from Ruger, and should get more. And a belt feed . . . :D

thanks again for the info
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Grizz wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:57 am
David wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 am
automatic pistol

That's a Mark I - 1978.
Very Cool. Thanks for the date info. I can't think of one thing that I would change on Mark 1, unless I could find a stainless one. The stainless models I see nowdays cost more than a rifle. Out of my budget... Only problem with the 1's is magazines are scarcer. I got 2 new made ones from Ruger, and should get more. And a belt feed . . . :D

thanks again for the info
You can convert MKII's to MK1's - you just flip the follower - I'm sure there's youtube's on it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Wow Thanks David! there's some info I can use....