Surviving Coronavirus...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Surviving Coronavirus...

Post by AJMD429 »

I know the 'alternative' medicines get short shrift in the med centers, but as any pharmacist can attest, nearly all medications prior to the 1970's were plant derivatives, and many still are, just being designed via computer modeling to mimic known successful molecules rather than boiled down from bushels of berries or roots.

Anyway, I've checked a few of this guys source articles and they seemed legit.

https://thegarynullshow.podbean.com/e/t ... us-031020/

I sounded off a bit on the topic earlier on another thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76522#p874329

Be SURE to discuss whatever you do with your doctor, as he/she know stuff about you I don't [want to] know... :? Medical licorice can definitely and sometimes dangerously raise blood pressure, so keep that in mind.

Too bad Hillary wasn't elected; I've been informed by experts in Hollywood that there wouldn't be a pandemic of she had been in charge. Plus, our economy would be have been in such better shape..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Surviving Coronavirus...

Post by Walker »

Thanks Doc,

Kind of a shock about the flu vaccine significantly increasing the risk of contracting other viral diseases.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gary Null is hugely controversial, but there is no discounting the potential in botanicals.
I sure wish I had harvested some elderberry last fall and brewed it up into a tincture.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yeah, great news about the flu vaccine! Since I've avoided them all my life, and just finally gave into getting one a month ago. So now I'm at higher risk of getting something else!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:00 am Gary Null is hugely controversial, but there is no discounting the potential in botanicals.
I sure wish I had harvested some elderberry last fall and brewed it up into a tincture.
Interesting - some articles cite the "elderberry elixir, made from the 'stem' of the plant"...

Most reference an ethanol extract of the berries though.

Now this would be using a soxhlet extractor if done with heat, or perhaps just passive soaking (safer than boiling ethanol for the do-it-your-selfer for sure) most likely, and would not mean brewing a wine; the fermentation might well destroy the active principle. Similarly, an infusion prepared using water as the solvent, and adding alcohol later, might make a pleasant drink, but may well leave important ethanol-soluble alkaloids in the plant.

I'm sure recipes abound on the world-wide-inter-web, as Joe would say, but I don't know which I'd trust.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am Yeah, great news about the flu vaccine! Since I've avoided them all my life, and just finally gave into getting one a month ago. So now I'm at higher risk of getting something else!
I got one once. It made me sick for a long time, like 6 months or more, feeling poisoned. I'm over that
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I always get my flu shot. Over the years I have had one or two make me feel a little achy for a day or two, but that's all. When a coronavirus vaccine becomes available sometime in the next year, I will line up for that one too, thanks.
Doc, all the elderberry elixers I have heard of were made from the berries themselves -- and no, no fermentation allowed.