Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Prepared to Shelter In Place.

Post by gamekeeper »

Looks like a good place to take shelter, entertainment and liquor........I have three and a half bottles of Bourbon and a few DVDs I haven't watched in a while... :P
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Its not liquor, it ChinaVirus liquid antiviral medicine
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Absolutely. It sometimes takes a few tries to get the antivirus medicine perfected.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Maybe some will get time to watch a few of these War Movies... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea.......me and Katie are too.....we're just gonna sit around and get all liquored up.---6

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

So the hospitals are worried about being overrun by Covid sufferers. Well, with all the shelter in place orders they better prepare to see the delivery rooms overrun in about nine months. Look what a couple of days without power did to NYC.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gbflyer
Levergunner

Post by gbflyer »

jeepnik wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 pm So the hospitals are worried about being overrun by Covid sufferers. Well, with all the shelter in place orders they better prepare to see the delivery rooms overrun in about nine months. Look what a couple of days without power did to NYC.
No kidding. Good thing we’re past child bearing years at our place!!!!!!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Since I'm closing in on 70, and the wife not far behind me, we're self quarantining. We pretty much avoid others totally, except for the occasional trip to get groceries. Even gasoline isn't a big issue since we're not driving much.
But I've also spent more time out in the garage working on my old '39 Chev coupe project. But even that's been compromised by the local quarantine restrictions. I got the new engine running a couple days ago and decided I should begin building out the interior. I need a sheet of plywood to build the divider wall between trunk and passenger compartment, but can't go to the Home Depot unless it's a "necessity" so I'm stuck not moving forward. Tough to stay home, and keep busy when you need materials, but aren't supposed to go buy them!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:09 pm Looks like a good place to take shelter, entertainment and liquor........I have three and a half bottles of Bourbon and a few DVDs I haven't watched in a while... :P
What will you do in week two? :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

a
Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:09 pm Looks like a good place to take shelter, entertainment and liquor........I have three and a half bottles of Bourbon and a few DVDs I haven't watched in a while... :P
:lol: :lol: stay sober and read a book. :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm
a
Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
:lol: :lol: stay sober and read a book. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:01 am I need a sheet of plywood to build the divider wall between trunk and passenger compartment, but can't go to the Home Depot unless it's a "necessity" so I'm stuck not moving forward. Tough to stay home, and keep busy when you need materials, but aren't supposed to go buy them!
I'd say that's a necessity. There's only so much one can do when confined to home, so a sheet of plywood would be necessary for one's mental health. Also it would protect the community; what if someone went "stir crazy" and fled their home and went around town coughing and sneezing... :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Buy it online and have them do curb pickup. Yes, it is a necessity. No one needs to know what it is a necessity for exactly.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Home Depot isn't doing much to help in the present situation. That sheet of plywood I bought took all of 1-2 minutes to grab and get to checkout. Then it wouldn't scan, and the checker couldn't get their computer to accept the code. Then she tried to look on her computer to find it and her computer couldn't even find "plywood" at their site!!! Then she calls for help, but nobody comes. She stops a coworker with a hand scanner, but he says he's too busy to help!
After 15 minutes of screwing around I see 12-15 people piled up behind me! How can anyone be safe when their all crowded inline at the checkout? I finally told the gal to wait, and I ran back to the aisle I got the plywood from, and ripped the tag off the shelf. Gave it to her and she entered the numbers and finished the sale. Total baloney, and definitely not a safe way to run the store.
But a friend went over there on Monday and they have a guard at one door. They allow just so many in the store at a time, and when someone leaves they allow another in the door. I guess this change was to comply with latest state orders?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

952A0708-D38B-4B96-A845-A5F4138AEFFC.jpeg
After sawing logs and splitting and stacking firewood for a few days, today is a relaxing rainy day indoors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

jeepnik wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 pm So the hospitals are worried about being overrun by Covid sufferers. Well, with all the shelter in place orders they better prepare to see the delivery rooms overrun in about nine months. Look what a couple of days without power did to NYC.
Yeah, but those people are animals...

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.