The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 pmIn Calif. A firearms safety certificate is required to buy a gun or ammo. Stopped by the local gun shop yesterday, no parking spots, had to wait til someone left. Insided they were slammed with folks with cards and applications. Never mind tp never have seen this in more than 25 years in that shop. This panic is driving more people to want guns and ammo. This is a reaction the Cal govt probably finds counter to their goals.
It's precisely the reason for CA's recent uptick in restrictions. restrict access to gun and ammo, and you have control... now CA can add TP rationing, etc., and everyone has no choice but to fall into lockstep. Welcome to 1930's Germany...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They have effectively increased interest in and ownership of both in people who had no interest before. Good luck in trying to police or restrict among these diverse communities. I venture to say Calif has changed in the metropolitan areas since you have been here.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What a morning! Last minute I decided to bring my 28 ga Ruger Red Label for the last day- what a mistake that was! I missed the first bird Parker flushed, flew off the property. Second bird the guy with me dropped. Third bird I hit but not hard enough and Parker had to run it down Then Parker got one, then another flew off. Finally as we were walking back to the trucks Parker got birdy and I saw the bird just as it flushed, took a snap shot a d connected as it continued to the very bottom of the hill, about 250 down. Parker didnt see it so I had to slip & slide my way to the bottom across the creek to get her on the bird. It was a frustrating but fun end to the season !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just received word via email from a local assemblymen that we have a confirmed case of COVID19 in the county. My niece is a teacher, school is closed, kids have take home work and online stuff. My sister works in home health care and they have been scrambling to answer questions, get caregivers checked out as well as patients.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Sounds like you had a blast Gunny......good ole Parker bringing home the meat.....

Old Savage is witnessing a normal reaction to the gun issue in a Communist state......might wake Californians up on what the words "FREEDOM & COMMON SENSE" mean and that the police cannot always be there for you.

State Liquor stores are closed after Monday in our 5 county area.......big talk here........panicking by the unprepared is just starting to take hold........"The Man" don't want people getting all liquored up.

Gonna be interesting.

To keep people away from me I'm putting a sign at the end of the driveway, "KEEP OUT...QUARANTINED" and in little print, "violators will be shot". :D

I'm almost beginning to like this current atmosphere .......never did like most people.....now there's a reason to keep the F away from me.---6

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey I like that! Except I want it as welcome mat.

Yep the liquor stores here have been hit hard too. Here they are privately owned so they can do what they want.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

This is going to be in the news sometime in the near future.......from a VERY reliable source in L.E.......

If the virus cannot be contained, it's going to be mandatory to stay at home.

If serious riots break out ...martial law....lock and load.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, don't worry boys.

After this there will be all kinds of new legislation taking even more of your freedom.
This will be their biggest opportunity since 911.
Don't worry, I still have to go to work. I'm still funding all the insanity.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well Jay....look at the bright side...you have the road to yourself.......you lucky guy!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I pretty much do anyway working nights. All the bums are snuggled in their beds sleeping it off while I'm dragging my azz in here to support them.
In the parking lot now. Didn't notice much difference in the way of traffic coming in. Sunday's, I go in a couple hours earlier than the rest of the week.
They are closing a lot of places. They won't here. I'm sure they figure that the more of us die the less pensions they will have to pay.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pmThey have effectively increased interest in and ownership of both in people who had no interest before. Good luck in trying to police or restrict among these diverse communities. I venture to say Calif has changed in the metropolitan areas since you have been here.
But, will the sheeple do something about it? It hasn't changed for the better. My B-I-L and other friends still living there, are more frustrated than ever before.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A bit crazy! This is the isle you find the pork n' beans and canned chili. But, vegetarians are fine. The fruits and vegetables were well stocked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:25 am A bit crazy! This is the isle you find the pork n' beans and canned chili. But, vegetarians are fine. The fruits and vegetables were well stocked.
That's because the vegetarians don't have the strength or energy to fight the crowds. :D
Over slept this morning! Gotta run?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ha!!!! i like dat Gunny!!! (Vegans don't have no energy).... That reminds me about most democrats......they have the personality of a stalk of celery.

Yea.....there wasn't a pet to be found in Berlin during WW2.

The road out front looks lonely.

On the bright side, I watched a documentary last night on the 1918 Spanish flu.....it must have been made before 2009 because the last "pandemic" in 2009 was not mentioned. That flu attacked the age group of 15-35 and could kill them in 24 hours.

Big argument in those day as to locking down...some cities did and others did not so it didn't help much. Wilson sent troops overseas in tightly packed ships against the advice of his doctor......the ones who did not get sick were the ones like me and Gunny.......we hate people so this self isolation is nothing more of a continuation of our regular lifestyle..... :D

Ok, gotta go...feel a big fanny burp coming up.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tri- state area now has a curfew of 8pm.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmmm... all the cool kids win a page and everyone busts their azz to offer up all sorts of prizes, etc... I win a page and nobody mentions snot!!! I'm feeling short-changed! I'm still looking for an 1885 in 32.40... HINT!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

It’s a virus thing griff
We’ll see if we can get you an autograph copy of six in his commando garb.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, you won, you won ;-) Choose whatever you like from what you see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Griff you can take your pick from anything in Six's vault, ya just gotta get past his virus protection! :lol:

So we were supposed to have an executive meeting for the club tonight, governor called for an 8pm curfew, meeting starts at 7. So now going to try for a virtual meeting- I've got no idea how to set that up seeing as how I'm just a poor lowly carpainter/gummsmiff...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pmGriff, you won, you won ;-) Choose whatever you like from what you see.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:19 pm Hmmm... all the cool kids win a page and everyone busts their azz to offer up all sorts of prizes, etc... I win a page and nobody mentions snot!!! I'm feeling short-changed! I'm still looking for an 1885 in 32.40... HINT!
OK, there's a reason for that. The high command here had a meeting and decided you are not eligible for prizes due to the fact that you have not contributed anything for the other winners. Take me for example.....I have given until it hurts.....I've awarded John Deere tractors, many guns, many many projects I've built, plus I've taken great pains to award other people possessions.

Old Savage has donated visits to his chiropractor practice, Gunny has donated sawdust, Jay has offered free rentals with his coat, AWOL Tom has donated stories from his many investigations. We have repeatedly asked for you to give an easily replaced possession, like the Black Rose, your dually pick up or your golf carts. Beings that you live in Texas, you could easily open your home to illegal immigrants from beaner land.

But as a personal friend I will be the first to award you a prize that I have cherished for many years.

Take your pick or you can have it all

[/quote]
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pm Griff, you won, you won ;-) Choose whatever you like from what you see.
Fred....that ain't right! That's MY stuff! Well, the '86 SRC is. I wish the LaMatt was......it was the one of the finest examples of one in the country...sold for $20,000.

On the table is a like new 1814 Military North percussion handgun......

Can't believe it...that picture was taken 20 years ago......the guns in that one room sold for $750,000.....I appraised the collection and the hammer price came really close. Must have been 30 engraved and cased presentation Civil War Colt revolvers, including early 2nd and 3rd model Dragoons.......me and my bud laugh at all the time.....we should have begged, borrowed and stole to buy all that stuff.....about 2.5 mil today------6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

See now that what this thread is all about- I beautiful GUNROOM!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just heard from my trucker buddy, seems the truck stops are not putting TP in stalls- truckers have been stealing it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:13 pm See now that what this thread is all about- I beautiful GUNROOM!! :lol:
That's photoshop Gunny.
All those Winchesters are cardboard cutouts. :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

OldWin wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:23 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:13 pm See now that what this thread is all about- I beautiful GUNROOM!! :lol:
That's photoshop Gunny.
I like the 3D effect.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

harry wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:28 pm
OldWin wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:23 pm
That's photoshop Gunny.
I like the 3D effect.
I know! It looks so real.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Is that toilet paper I see on the table in Jays gunroom?

I must admit, there is nothing out of place...probably not a speck of dust anywhere....looks very nice bro.......I taught you well! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sorry Griff, 20 years too late and 20 grand short. ;-)

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

My predictions of the future and personal observations of panic....stage 1-10 with 1 being minor worrying and 10 resulting in mass hysteria

When the news first hits people get a little worried and for the most part get along...stage 1-2 depending on your personality. News people were saying, "wash yo hands and everything will be fine" I knew right then and there we were going into uncharted waters. The real clincher was when China started building hospitals...I knew this was different.

As shortages begin to realize ......people get into a low level panic and minor fighting begins. Stage 3-4 (current atmosphere)

Those who were unprepared and who have other major responsibilities enter into panic stage 5

We will stay in stages 3- 5 as long as food is available and people have money with your personal character and well being deciding your stage.

As money dissipates, shortages continue, people's personal supplies run out, along will most people having cabin fever will vault us into stage 6-7...probably in two-three weeks.

We will linger in stages 6-7 for a month or until the virus numbers decrease .....as the numbers decrease, the people who are still coherent will feel the pressure subside but stages 6-7 will continue because it all will be fresh in their mind. There will be more than normal murders and other felonious crimes. Many personal relationships will dissolve while others will get stronger.

I don't think we will get above 7 where the military gets involved and other drastic measures are implemented.

We WILL PREVAIL and our great nation will have some restructuring of their thought processes as to what is really important in life and what it means to "put America first."

MY PRESIDENT, President Donald Trump will win reelection on 65-35 landslide and will have a legacy of the best POTUS ever.

Democrats will be destroyed for a generation. The globalists will be set back TWO generations and HW Bush and his worthless son will be forgotten. A ditch digger will have more of a legacy than either of them. Joe Biden and his kind will sell their houses and buy big rocks to live under.-----6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:25 pmSorry Griff, 20 years too late and 20 grand short. ;-)
Story of my life! Sixgun, all the stuff you've donated was in someone else's possession, they don't count!!! :P :P

And, yes, that's a beautiful gunroom! :mrgreen: Wouldn't fit in at my place! HE double hockey sticks, I didn't realize I'd won until I read about half the following responses down the page!!! :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff....in my strange way of thinking, I knew that would bring a smile to your face. :D ---6.....o..da.bro.wit..the ..fro.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Why it's so hard to watch TV with animals in the house.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok....ok.
So I guess Six must figure Griff can haul this "imaginary gunroom" back to his place seein' as he has The Rose.
Fair enough.
May as well see the pretend other side too.

Oh, and Griff. Haul up a load for me.
I will make you a list. You'll need to stop by Jack's. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's classy Jay....how do you maintain the neatness...just not use it?

That rifle above the guncabinet with the glass...is that a half mag 1888 Marlin?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no. I'm in there as much as I can be. I just pick up when I'm done with something. It does get, and has been messy. I just didn't take a picture when it was. :D
No, it's a 2/3 mag 1889 in 38-40. Excellent shooter too.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 pmOk....ok.
So I guess Six must figure Griff can haul this "imaginary gunroom" back to his place seein' as he has The Rose.
Fair enough.
Sorry Jay, my maps don't cover anything outside the USA... You'll have to arrange for 3Leggedturtle to do a sea voyage, as I don't do NJ, NY or MA.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 pm
OldWin wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 pmOk....ok.
Fair enough.
Sorry Jay, my maps don't cover anything outside the USA... You'll have to arrange for 3Leggedturtle to do a sea voyage, as I don't do NJ, NY or MA.
Yeah, we are cut off up here. That's the worst part of going to visit Six. I have to pass through all those commie states. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Poor cat, just worried about who is going to feed it, clean the litter box and why Animal Planet isn't on!

Jay your gun room- photoshop or not is very nice! But I don't see your infamous coat? Do you keep it on your person all the time?

Yup NJ is a good place to be FROM! If not for my mother I would be well FROM here!!

I'm kind feeling sorry for these people that we have gutted their kitchens! Both families are now stuck as cabinets are weeks away not to mention floors,sheetrock, electric needs doing. Not many restaurants round here deliver and the curfew don't help.

Oh well coffee time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny......what's the big deal on why you can't finish the job? Something I'm missing?

Me and mom are going to venture out.......head to Petsmart for kttly litter.......may end up using old fashioned free dirt or easier yet, just throw the F. cats outside. I really don't want to do that as they may take off as I want them around for a future meal. :D .....

What the hell is Fred talking about when it comes to the change in culture and acceptance in Cal and the way the laws are written? Here in redneck land we accomplish what needs to be done using the muzzle of a gun.........works fast, is silent, (as long as we don't have to pull the trigger), thrifty, clean, (as long as we don't have to pull the trigger) ....and is widely accepted.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Six we had to tear out the kitchen at the Washington house cuz the roof leaked and they have been dragging their feet on the final design since last fall. The new kitchen was planned to be done before Thanksgiving but... I dont think these people could 'rough' it by cooking with just a grill. The cabinets are still 4 or 5 weeks away.

The other kitchen the cabinets are still 3 or 4 weeks away. New floor has to go in, sheetrock was being hu g today.

So you are planning on chinese food in the near future? :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Went shoppin' this morning 6 am, couldn't put it off any longer. Wal-Mart was crowded, people out doing what looked like regular weekly shoppin, others with baskets full of one thing... frackin' hoarders. They were out of just about everything others have reported, ALL the sandwich meats and sliced cheese aisle was bare, NO paper products... No eggs, All the whole milk was gone, nearly all the half-n-half, all the hams, turkeys, pork, chicken. Lots of ground beef, fresh vegetables, beer & wine, sodas, and fixin's to prepare meals, but all the pre-cooked or meal-in-a-box type stuff was GONE!

Went to the regular supermarket, and they too were just about out of the same kinds of stuff... but since I only needed eggs I got my weekly supply. Two weeks to my final follow-up appointment for my last surgery! Then it's back to work I go!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I forgot I had this!
20200317_172442_copy_600x800.jpg
I'm all set for whatever comes along :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

It's WILD Out There

Post by Jay Bird »

This is gonna be the post of the century........

Me and mom ventured out and spent $73 so the cats can chit.....yea, 100 lbs of Purina cat litter and 52 pounds of Arm & Hammer clumping....I mix it.....be good for a long while.

To Home Depot to get bleach..nada....gone......except the slightly more expensive outdoor bleach......bought three gallons of that and a gallon of Simple Green and a spray can of PB Blaster.

Then we took a drive down memory lane cruising past the house I lived in as a child and owned up until a few years ago.

Cruised around looking at stores...most everything CLOSED except the big box stores.

Then we decided to stop in Targetmaster, my buds gunshop. The ATF told my bud his store sells more guns than ALL of the gunshops in Delaware county COMBINED......and there's a lot of gunshops in Delaware county.

Targetmaster has a sign out front "No more than 10 people in the store at a time" and had a worker enforcing it. Maybe 15-20 people waiting to get in.....As I have Carte Blanche I walked through the crowd and in the store....looked around and made a "#2" in my pants. WTF? GOING OUT OF BUSINESS???!!!! I asked........"nope" was the reply.

This gunshop has hundreds of every kind of high dollar gun that you can think of...every conceivable model of Glock, Ruger, Kimber, Springfield, Sig, Smith, Colt...including many single actions......Remington, Marlin, LWRC, Bushmaster, on and on......

EMPTY The showcases which are three deep and make an "L" in the store.....EMPTY, except for 2 weird used junkers.......ALL defense long guns.....GONE........all tactical shotguns...GONE....on the rifle rack were three old Remington 760's and a few double barrels. Pallets and pallets and pallets of ammo which is sold by the case....nearly gone.

Here's the real crazy part......the guys were telling me people were coming in the store and buying the first gun they showed them.......AND THEN ASKED THEM TO EXPLAIN ON HOW TO LOAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!

My bud tells me..."hey! What you doing tomorrow, wanna take a ride to pick up a pallet of AR's, pallet of Glocks and a box truck full of ammo?"...(all day thing)......I respectfully declined as my wife is feeling afraid and prefers me to stay home.

Yea......it's wild out there........and people still have full bellies and money.------6.....o.....da....bro.....wit.....da guns & loot.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My wife just told me that Walmart and Target have both closed their doors here in town. She didn't hear the reason, so unsure why they'd do it? Other big stores are trying to hire more help to restock shelves, so not sure why these two would close and miss out on the frenzy of increased sales going on around here presently?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 pm My wife just told me that Walmart and Target have both closed their doors here in town. She didn't hear the reason, so unsure why they'd do it? Other big stores are trying to hire more help to restock shelves, so not sure why these two would close and miss out on the frenzy of increased sales going on around here presently?
Maybe so they can restock the shelves before the hoards come back in the morning?

I dont doubt it one bit Six! I can only imagine how panicked the regular population is. I'm concerned but I'm not panicking yet...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 pm My wife just told me that Walmart and Target have both closed their doors here in town. She didn't hear the reason, so unsure why they'd do it? Other big stores are trying to hire more help to restock shelves, so not sure why these two would close and miss out on the frenzy of increased sales going on around here presently?
Marlinman,
It's because nobody can panic like the Americans. We value life more than any other country as we have the most to live for, contrary to other propaganda.

Well, a little truth came out last night on Fox News....a truth I have been suspecting........yes, this virus will put a hurting on people of ANY age and is MUCH more easily transferable than the regular flu.

I knew 6-8 weeks ago when China was building hospitals from the ground up that there was more to it than what they were telling us.......and it's not as if China can't afford to lose a few million people.

Well, gotta go, nature is calling.---6

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hi!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yo!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Three thousand posts! I win! I'll take the Black Rose.