Sad time ahead.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Sad time ahead.

Post by gamekeeper »

Shirley and I took her dog Rebel on a one-way trip to the vet this morning, we left him there hoping that we could bring him home later but a phonecall from the vet saying that it's time to say goodbye to the little feller, his kidneys had failed. So RIP Rebel, the little dog with a heart like a lion, I have never known a dog get so excited at the sight of a gun, as soon as I picked one up he knew the hunt was on. If you find any Squirrels up there Rebel give 'em Hell.
IMG_20190329_132944.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Sad time ahead.

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Sorry to hear Gamekeeper. I have a couple that know even before I get the gun out---they know by how I dress. Then when we are out and the safety or hammer clicks, they are all on for it.

Tough deal, I lost three of my best friends the last two years, they are buried under a tree in the yard. Often brings a tear to my eye or a good memory when I walk by it. But there was some light in it, when I lost the one, I gained 14 little ones from her and after a long period of animal husbandry, two stuck with me.

Best wishes,
Jon.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

The dreaded day for all of us. Sorry for the loss of your friend.
NRA Life Member
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

My condolences Gamekeeper........just looking at your little buddy brought tears to my eyes..........I have no more words....-6
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Oh my how I hate to hear that. So sorry for your loss. Good excuse to get a new puppy though. I got 2 new ones last week. Red Heeler and Corgi mix.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Some of the lowest days in our lives have been when we had to have pets put down. They become such a major part of a family, and their loss is tough to explain to non pet owners. Sorry to hear about your little dog.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So sorry GK. It is never an easy thing. They are such loyal companions and give us so much.
They go on ahead to scout the way. He will be waiting to greet you once again.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's never easy, they bring such joy to us!
Part of the reason I started breeding labrador's , I always have a spare just 9 weeks away.
I lost my yellow last July, I'm still finding yellow hairs and I tear up some. If ya need a shoulder we are here for you!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Always difficult, sorry to hear this., My last one has been gone for years. Shure miss that one taking Me for walks.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( :(

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My condolences. Losing a friend like that is one of the hardest things that there is.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

piller wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:56 pm My condolences. Losing a friend like that is one of the hardest things that there is.
I agree...

This image pretty well sums it up...

Sorry to hear John.

Old No7

Most Difficult Part....jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

A wave of sorrow just washed over me!

So sorry for the loss of your 4 legged friend :cry:

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

It is very tough to lose a loyal and beloved pet. My sincere condolences to you both. :(
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Everybody else seems eloquent at a time Ike this but I am always me. THAT SUCKS. Sorry got a tear from the thought. Remember puppies are like great stuff foam! Hides the cracks and there is something in the hole but there is still a hole.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

That is hard news friend and I am sorry to hear it. Chin up, perhaps a little road trip together might help relieve your sadness a bit.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sorry for your lose pard, i`m feeling the heart break with ya bro. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What moves me is the times when it is the other way around - when the dog has to grieve the 'owner' passing.... That is what proves that there IS a deep emotional bond, and it IS two-way, even though the canine is just an 'animal'.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

So very sorry for your loss, gamekeeper. I have experienced that loss four times so far, and I know I'm not far from the fifth. I have no words of comfort, only understanding and empathy.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have been to this very hard place more times than I care to remember, and it always leaves me crushed. So sorry my friend.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sorry to hear that Gamekeeper. Hold close to what you have left.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you guys for all the sentiments, it helps sometimes to spread the load and to realise you're not on your own, Shirley thanks you all too.
I sure do miss the little bugger. :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

You have my sympathy. I sure miss my dog, after 20 years the thought of him still puts a smile on my face. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Right now, I have our old Chihuahua on my lap. She likes PillHer, but I belong to her. I sit down and here she comes. She is old, but I don't know how old. She was given to us when she got too old to have any more puppies. The Irish Terrier is sitting about 3 feet away just watching me. Dogs are each one an individual. When our son was 4 years old, we got him a puppy. We let the two of them pick each other out at the pound. She is the only dog so far whom I have done the honor of burying in the back yard. Losing her hurt the most. We have moved forward, but she will never be forgotten. On some dark nights I still see her standing guard out there. The other dogs shut up and go back to sleep when they see her. The neighbor's pit bull whines and runs away when she is there.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

Loosing a dog is the hardest thing I have experienced. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, the passing of time is the only thing that helps.

I will be in the same boat with you soon. I have a 19 year old mostly blind and deaf curr sleeping on the couch with me. I have three other dogs, the youngest is 10 years old. I dread the days to come when they finally pass.

BB
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Travel well Rebel. Godspeed. Thanks for making our world a better place! Heal well GK, you and yours.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Sorry for your loss, It's hard to lose your companion...It's been some years now that I had to put my Border Collie down, She was a rescue, spent every waking second with me and was the toughest farm dog I've ever seen. Thinking about "super dog" still brings tears to my eyes, and I'm not a touchie feelie guy...

I'd like to think my wife will miss me that much,,,, 8)
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Sorry for your loss. Never an easy thing saying goodbye to a great friend and family member.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm really sorry to hear this John - and sorry I was away so long and missed this. :cry: