Not mine !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Not mine !

Post by 6pt-sika »

No I didn’t buy this . But we have it for sale and I look at it every other day or so . A Remington Model 11F .
B551F162-63B3-47AC-9032-8FD30AB6BC58.jpeg
7B861990-AB40-4A9B-82AF-19559A9DA81D.jpeg
5B92F1A5-C72F-4D40-A9C5-70312BEACD16.jpeg
655BD3EC-0593-4377-BDB3-4AFB7EF69ED5.jpeg
9EC2C095-B089-4714-A8BC-880BEF3BDE29.jpeg
DD49CE77-78FA-4DF1-867C-C88A5E694E66.jpeg
73AED775-3E90-4520-9C24-81B99B1E6372.jpeg
1F0D535E-5D6E-450E-B1D6-41EB82FC873A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Not mine !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Double click the pictures and they’ll enlarge and be clear .
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You sure don't see the Premier grades of Remington's model 11's too often or for that matter, any highly engraved Remington....you have to figure, if you had the bucks back in the day, you bought yourself an Elsie or a Parker......kind of like today, who's gonna buy a finely engraved and inlaid Uberti? :D ---6
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We’ve got an older A-5 also on consignment that almost as profusely engraved . Not sure if my Browning collector friends ever decided if it was an factory original or not .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think the grouse , woodcock and setters on the off side are extremely well done .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks nice.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure as heck do not see an 11 like that everyday! Have to look that up in BB.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:15 pm Sure as heck do not see an 11 like that everyday! Have to look that up in BB.
That thing would have come home with me already but I think the price is a little to inflated . The fellow that has it there on consignment is a friend so I’ve not broached the subject because I don’t wanna offend him . Just suffice to say with what he’s asking I could buy a very nice Parker DH 16 gauge so you already know which way I’d go if I were spending what it would take to buy that 11-F !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I hear ya there but the fact that a guy can find Parker's quite easily and an 11F is kinda rare does say something for the desirability for a collector. However BB lists the F at $8000 for a 100% does seen steep. I'm sure it's not anywhere near 100%!
Does seem to have very nice wood from what I can see. It's a rare bird for sure.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 am I hear ya there but the fact that a guy can find Parker's quite easily and an 11F is kinda rare does say something for the desirability for a collector. However BB lists the F at $8000 for a 100% does seen steep. I'm sure it's not anywhere near 100%!
Does seem to have very nice wood from what I can see. It's a rare bird for sure.
I’m pretty sure the forend wood isn’t original . The barrel is marked full choke but at this time it has a Cutts with the spreader tube screwed in , so most likely the barrel was 30” now its a good bit shorter and of course the addition of the Cutts .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah yes that surely detracts from the desirability!
I see a 16 ga F and another 12 ga F and thought a D on gunsinternational. Still an interesting bit of history!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It's lovely engraving, and very well done. I'd agree that the forearm wood doesn't look right also. I wonder if anyone has pulled the buttstock off to see which Remington stockmaker did the stocks? Back during this era Remington high grade stocks always got a stockmaker's stamp in hidden areas. I've got a couple with GIDDINGS stamp on the wood.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 am It's lovely engraving, and very well done. I'd agree that the forearm wood doesn't look right also. I wonder if anyone has pulled the buttstock off to see which Remington stockmaker did the stocks? Back during this era Remington high grade stocks always got a stockmaker's stamp in hidden areas. I've got a couple with GIDDINGS stamp on the wood.
Was the serial number stamped in the wood as well ?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 am It's lovely engraving, and very well done. I'd agree that the forearm wood doesn't look right also. I wonder if anyone has pulled the buttstock off to see which Remington stockmaker did the stocks? Back during this era Remington high grade stocks always got a stockmaker's stamp in hidden areas. I've got a couple with GIDDINGS stamp on the wood.
Was the serial number stamped in the wood as well ?
On my Remington Hepburn the serial number was stamped in the forearm, and buttstock. On the ends that butt to the action. Early Rem. had serial numbers stamped in numerous places, especially if they were special order like my Hepburn and this engraved shotgun.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/