Kimberized

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Kimberized

Post by 6pt-sika »

Went in our other local shop , most people would say our competitor but we work together quite a bit . Anyway I’ve kinda been looking for a Kimber 1911 Custom Carry II in 45 and they had a nice new one in the case . I know what I can get one for dealer price wise and these folks have me a decent deal . Cost a few dollars more than our cost but no shipping etc etc . So I now have Kimber 1911 45’s in 5” and 4” as well as my Kimber 1911 10mm 6” .
E03AB0A6-6603-4220-BD05-8BA1A59D1AF5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Kimberized

Post by DocRock »

That's quite a harem!

I have a stainless Kimber Team Match II in 38 Super. What a fantastic pistol. Enjoy!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No Kimber firearms in my possession, but that is only due to not finding one at a price I like yet. I have picked them up and looked them over at gun shows. Well built and quality are my impression. I hope you enjoy shooting your Kimber pistols.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm No Kimber firearms in my possession, but that is only due to not finding one at a price I like yet. I have picked them up and looked them over at gun shows. Well built and quality are my impression. I hope you enjoy shooting your Kimber pistols.
The one I acquired today is my fourth . The first I got was in a trade and was one of the tacticool models . Never fired it and sold it quickly after acquiring it . The other three however are obviously still in my possession . Not much more (at the moment) is like in the pistol line other than a S&W 19-3 2 1/2” and perhaps a S&W 29-2 6 1/2” .
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Ive owned several kimbers and every one would eat anything i fed it. My Desert Warrior was the best
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

wvfarrier wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:08 pm Ive owned several kimbers and every one would eat anything i fed it. My Desert Warrior was the best
My 10mm and two other 10mm’s belonging to friends all went back to the factory because of feeding issues . And they did what they did promptly and all were returned in about two weeks problems solved .
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

6pt what was causing the feeding issues?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 pm 6pt what was causing the feeding issues?
I dunno . But my 10mm never wanted to feed the last round be it factory or handload . Jacketed or cast ! When I got it back no more issues 8)
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

All my Kimbers were run right out of the box guns.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Kmbers are great guns. After convinving our dept to allow 1911's I went out and purchased a Kimber 1911 Stainless TLR for work. I put thousands of rounds through it with no issues other than replacing the spring. My son also purchased one. and.......my G-daughter name is Kimber!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Recently bought (from Bud's) a Pro Carry II, 45. Looks just like your 4". It's running well but I get an occasional stovepipe which is probably due to "limpwristing" by my 80 year old hands lack of strength. Mine is on an aluminum frame to keep weight down and I found a Galco Summer Comfort IWB to carry it in. Dillon 550 is set up for 45 and I've run a couple hundred 200 SWC over 5.4 HP-38. Still need to shoot it a bunch more and this might just be the day. Supposed to be near 70. My plan is to change to a flat wire recoil spring and to add a "Shockbuff" so it will run forever. I find the grips to be a bit thick so will probably change those and I'd really like some checkering on the front strap which is just slick. Maybe I'll order me a checkering file.
Any way congrats on your acquisition. Hope we continue to like them.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a flat wire mainspring in my Glock. I got it at a gun show and use it with my aftermarket barrel in .357 Sig. Maybe I am just imagining it, but I feel a difference in the recoil from the original spring. I probably should get something similar for my 1911. No, a RIA will never be a Kimber, but they are not bad. As inexpensive as they are, you can upgrade them and still not have too big of an investment in them. Yes, I do want a Kimber.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:44 am I have a flat wire mainspring in my Glock. I got it at a gun show and use it with my aftermarket barrel in .357 Sig. Maybe I am just imagining it, but I feel a difference in the recoil from the original spring. I probably should get something similar for my 1911. No, a RIA will never be a Kimber, but they are not bad. As inexpensive as they are, you can upgrade them and still not have too big of an investment in them. Yes, I do want a Kimber.
I’ve shot several NIB or LNIB RIA’s at one of Armsco’s shooting ranges and I thought they did a fine job . Only thing I don’t care for is the cerakote or cerakote like finish . And that’s a personal thing as many folks like that type thing I just ain’t one of them .