Ohio allows some paramedics to carry.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Ohio allows some paramedics to carry.

Post by piller »

https://www.firerescue1.com/fire-produc ... tlth4TNzY/

It doesn't sound like a bad idea. Most Paramedics are going to focus on treating the injured, but there are times where an active shooter is in the area.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ohio allows some paramedics to carry.

Post by 2ndovc »

That's great! Best friend is an RN at Cleveland Metro ER. He was a paramedic for several years before that and the stories he would tell me were enough to make me never want to go into that field. The one that stands out was a welfare check on the East side of Cleveland. They were knocking on the door and decide to push it open. Inside was a large, naked man with an axe that started swinging. He chased them down the stairs and into the ambulance where he proceeded to try to get at them with the axe. The CPD finally arrived and subdued him, but that one really scared the snot out of him. Decided then and there to go back to school and get his nursing degree. :shock:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The part that DISTURBS me is the word "allowed"... :|

"....allowed....???????? "

I guess if the CITIZENS of Ohio are granting EMPLOYEES of the GOVERNMENT of Ohio to carry firearms, I'm ok with that, but if the context is that the GOVERNMENT of Ohio is 'allowing' the CITIZENS of Ohio who happen to be Paramedics working for other CITIZENS of Ohio, I really have a problem with that.....

The premise of the U.S. was SUPPOSED to be 'government created by, and given specific limited rights and powers by, the citizens'....in that case, the government doesn't "allow" citizens to do ANYTHING......it MAY prohibit certain behaviors, if the CITIZENS who rule the government and grant it specific limited powers, deem such prohibition ok.

Granted, all-too-often the mass of CNN-watching electorates does 'grant' the government powers far exceeding the charter document called the Constitution, so perhaps the problem is with the voters of Ohio, but nonetheless, Ohio should not be given the power to "allow" citizen rights... :evil:

..............and.....on a lighter note................
2ndovc wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm...Inside was a large, naked man with an axe that started swinging. He chased them down the stairs and ...
That's the way I usually greet strangers who knock at the door.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Doc, you crack me up! :lol: :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"