Concealed Carry by State in the U.S.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Concealed Carry by State in the U.S.

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/

I'm sure there are other sites with similar data, but thought this was interesting.

Particularly as to how some very 'gun-friendly' states have LOW numbers of CCW licensees, but of course that may reflect permitless-carry.

It would also be interesting to see the CCW listed as per-adult-citizen. Indiana has about 5 million adults, so almost one out of every six adults in Indiana has a CCW license....
:mrgreen: :| :| :| :| :|
:| :mrgreen: :| :| :| :|
:| :| :mrgreen: :| :| :|
:| :| :| :mrgreen: :| :|
:| :| :| :| :mrgreen: :|
:| :| :| :| :| :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Concealed Carry by State in the U.S.

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I agree with Steve, the percentage of eligible residents should be listed.

I also see that there are ONLY three states with over a million permit holders.

Should it become a goal that we support a movement to increase the lagging states, minus the Constitutional carry states, to over a million permit holders? That gives a target of 30 states to upgrade to the "Over a Million" premium status. KWIM ?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Grizz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:38 pm I agree with Steve, the percentage of eligible residents should be listed.

Should it become a goal that we support a movement to increase the lagging states, minus the Constitutional carry states, to over a million permit holders? That gives a target of 30 states to upgrade to the "Over a Million" premium status. KWIM ?
It will be a little difficult to "upgrade" Wyoming to "Over a Million" status, that's almost twice our total population. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Doesn't Kansas have about 7 million people now? I think they have Constitutional carry.

Texas has a decent permit system, but I would like Constitutional Carry here. It is good, but could be better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

COSteve wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pmJust looking at the graph AJMD429 linked to might not give the proper perspective. I think one has to compare the number of CCWs to the population to get a clearer picture of the position each state has.
What I said... :wink:
AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:56 amIt would also be interesting to see the CCW listed as per-adult-citizen.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Interesting site and comments above.
AJMD429 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:56 am "...some very 'gun-friendly' states have LOW numbers of CCW licensees, but of course that may reflect permitless-carry."
When Maine went to permitless-carry (aka "Constitutional Carry" here), I kept my permit because (a) It allows me to carry several places the others can't, but more importantly (b) I wouldn't lose the ability to carry if some moonbat administration repealed the permitless carry.

It's not like I'd trust politicians to do the right thing....

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jnyork wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 pm
Grizz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:38 pm I agree with Steve, the percentage of eligible residents should be listed.

It will be a little difficult to "upgrade" Wyoming to "Over a Million" status, that's almost twice our total population. :D

Well, I know, but how do democraps do it ?
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

COSteve wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 am
Grizz wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:29 pm Well, I know, but how do democraps do it ?
Remember their motto, "Vote early, vote often." And it down right amazing how they can wake the dead and get them to vote Democrap too!!
Don't forget the dogs and cats and other pets who seem to find a way to register and vote....

....then there are the ILLEGAL aliens who are now allowed to vote in many places..... :evil:

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

[quote....then there are the ILLEGAL aliens who are now allowed to vote in many places....][/quote]

subtract those and Trump won the popular vote.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Are these stats for resident only permits, or include non-resident as well? Here on the East coast it is very common for people to have a resident permit in their state, and a non-resident from FLA, which has the largest reciprocity in this area. That might account for the large number (1.7M) for FLA.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Reciprocity is a topic that could be discussed and messed with for a long time without ever coming to a consensus.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Reciprocity is the big question for sure.

We just went Constitutional carry in Missouri, but I intend to maintain my permit since we're now retired and travel more. Until there is national reciprocity it will always be a problem.