Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I Hope This Isn't Accurate!!!

Post by GunnyMack »

I have seen this before, I'd take it as pretty much truthful! I believe it was confirmed by snopes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks for posting this Steve... nothing surprising here, just move along, and avert your gaze.

I would like to see a GIS layer showing as accurately as possible, all the information posted in the Times

I wonder how to do that
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 am I have seen this before, I'd take it as pretty much truthful! I believe it was confirmed by snopes.
It was given essentially a "partially true" rating by Snopes. For instance, they were not all reported in the Times. The assertion that "over 2/3 of births are to illegal aliens" : in fact, over 2/3 of the births in the county are to people with Hispanic names. Legal status is not recorded, and LA is historically an area with a high population of people of Hispanic descent, many of whom have been there since before there was a United States. If my name is O'Riley, it wouldn't mean my parents were illegal-alien Irish.

The rest of the assertions consist of a mix of facts, exaggerations or misleading interpretations, outright falsehoods, and red herrings -- like "21 radio stations are Spanish-speaking". So what? There are also 11 Asian radio stations. Those facts have zero impact on public expenditures, much like the number of Mexican or Chinese restaurants that might be in the county.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GREAT. snopes is a political tool of the left, which came out during the O'horrer period, IIRC.
Those facts have zero impact on public expenditure
This is true... So, I'd like to see from public records, the tax contributions of the groups listed in the Times. . . The encarceration records. The violent crime by group recorded by the CDC. . . the public assistance consumption by those groups, and the street-views of all those inhabited garages . . . IOW, all the relevant information that does have impacts on public expenditure.

all souls are created and owned by the same Creator. . . all souls are vulnerable to the same ravages of sin. . . all souls are on a long never ending journey. . . but the political "solutions" only exacerbate the plight of any group of people, neglect actual mercy and justice. . . and leave our communities and society with these painful facts. . . politicians cannot fix this

But the Times may have some valid observations anyway
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Having lived in LA most of my life, I would agree with most of the items on that list. "Those facts have zero impact on public expenditure" is obviously a misleading (wrong) statement. The single most popular place in LA county on the first of each month is the Welfare office. The least popular is the Employment office. No fiscal impact? I know of two small cities in LA county that went bankrupt because they had to pay for 2-3 meals per day for students, freebies were handed out freely, programs for the "poor" abounded and very little income from taxes.

Fortunately I was able to escape CA 10 years ago but by what I saw back then I am sure it has gotten much worse today...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I lived in los angeles county from 1964 to 2005. I can believe it. I had to take someone to the county hospitals a few times and it was unbelievable. Wall to wall spanish speaking mexicans with hardly another gringo. Some of the stats may be off but probably not by much. I really believe when you hear mexicans talking spanish I would bet most of them are illegals and if they arent their parents are/were. Long, long ago I knew a LA cop who said if they stopped or found a obvious illegal they were told not to bother bringing them in. I was a security guard for a huge company. Our uniforms were similar to the border patrol. Once I and my partner were driving to a site through a agriculture area where a large bunch were picking vegetables.
On a devilish impulse I pulled over quick and stopped and we got out and just stood by the car. They all scattered like a covey of quail! It`s all a farce. I know a retired county sheriff of a county in Arizona. Not just a deputy, but was the sheriff. He said it`s a bad joke. The way he put it, I could load a bus full of Illegals every half hour but they didn't bother to. The border patrol wouldn't take them. Why do we have a border patrol? Maybe it`s changed some since Trump is president?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Snopes is run by a husband and wife team who have no background in research or journalism. They are political hacks.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost