Going Back In Time......................

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Going Back In Time......................

Post by Old No7 »

...I wish!!! :wink:

Old No7

New Ideas.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Going Back In Time......................

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes, I reckon that all I've learnt over the years wouldn't help at all...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha.

Just would make different mistakes.......I don't want to take any chances. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Only if I knew then what I know now.......having retired last year after 47 years at the same job I'm doing O.K. My health is borderline. but I am able to walk and move about pretty well. I have less than half the strength I did even 20 years ago. Every day is a Gift and a challenge . I'm Blessed in so many ways.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

If I had known then that I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself :)
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

THIS ^^^ I vividly remember thinking that I wasn't going to make it to 17 LOL
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have perfected time travel.
I need a companion that knows how to set a perimeter and defend it.
If you want to travel with me, meet me last Thursday.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I didn't screw up as a teenager; my biggest screw-up was when I was 28, and decided to become a Family Physician instead of remaining a Pharmacist....that decision cost me several million dollars in lifetime earnings, and I'll never be able to 'retire', as I'm in my 60's and have a negative net-worth due to what 'Obamacare' and our ridiculous insurance system did to health care and anyone who didn't play the game of 4-minute-visits and unnecessary-procedures.

However.....I think I helped more people and did more good for the world as it is. Plus, I would never have lasted under the administrators and bosses brave guys like Piller and my former pharmacy school classmates have to endure - I'd probably mouth off and be fired on the first day.

Maybe a middle path could have been worked out where I had the balls to NEVER accept 'insurance payment' for my services; that is like a gourmet restaurant agreeing to accept 'free meal' coupons White Castle printed up... :roll: Unfortunately, I capitulated and compromised and kept hoping the 'system' would get better.... :?

C'est la vie.... :D I'm blessed in so many other ways. If I obsess any more about 'materialism' and 'money', I'll turn in to a liberal progressive Democrat.... :shock:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Now, if I could go back to 20 or so, with what I know now!!! Probably would have made different dumb things than the ones I did!!
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Of course I guess anyone who could 'go back' 24 hours or so could just find the winning Powerball number, and buy the right ticket; for those of us whose main 'mistakes' were financial, that would completely reset things...!

Sadly, the majority of people have marital woes, kids on drugs, depression, terrible jobs or mean coworkers, chronic illnesses or chronic pain or cancers to deal with, or other things that have no simple solution time-travel would solve. In my line of work, like many others here who do health-care, law-enforcement, clergy, and other 'public service' things, we see so much of that every day. :| One of the most rewarding things as a human is when you can help someone deal with such life-changing situations.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I often think "what if?"

I've made mistakes. Some big ones. But they many times were followed... maybe not immediately... by major blessings.

If I could fix the things where I'd hurt and disappointed people and still keep the blessings that the Lord has showered on me since...

But the ones where nobody but me got the worst of it... I'd leave those bits of wonderful fun alone. :wink:

8)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I changed a few of the worst choices, I might not have met some of the best choices. It is tough to say what could have been changed without causing me to miss out on the better things.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up. When I was a kid in third grade in a one room school our teacher asked everyone what they wanted to be or do when they grew up. I guess I was a wise azz. I said I want to be a crook. My three year older sister ran the two miles home crying and told our folks I was going to be a crook!
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Booger Bill wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 pm I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up. When I was a kid in third grade in a one room school our teacher asked everyone what they wanted to be or do when they grew up. I guess I was a wise azz. I said I want to be a crook. My three year older sister ran the two miles home crying and told our folks I was going to be a crook!
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Beaker wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:57 pm
Booger Bill wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 pm I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up. When I was a kid in third grade in a one room school our teacher asked everyone what they wanted to be or do when they grew up. I guess I was a wise azz. I said I want to be a crook. My three year older sister ran the two miles home crying and told our folks I was going to be a crook!
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
+1 :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
I also liked JimT's reply :lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If only I'd have memorized the periodic table in high school...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

You didn't realize that you were listening to it on the radio or TV? Superman was from Krypton. Get Ready was a rare earth song. Sodium is in salt. Chlorine is in the pool. I could go on, but it would start to get really boring.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost