Bicentennial buckle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Bicentennial buckle

Post by gamekeeper »

I found this brass plated buckle in a flea market yesterday, it was black but I thought it looked interesting and unusual to find in the UK, I sometimes collect buckles and this one was only $2.50. The back says "made exclusively for RICH'S .I believe the design was used for a 8¢ stamp.
IMG_20200209_112653.jpg
Click to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bicentennial buckle

Post by 2ndovc »

That's interesting. Always amazes me how some of these things get around. I found a really cool little shooting trophy at a flea market outside of London when I was there in 2000. I'll get a picture of it after the boss lady gets up.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's cool GK. I like belt buckles too. I have a pile of them.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That would go nicely with one of the Ruger "200th year of American Liberty" commemorative firearms.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The trophy I bought at a London flea market. It's hard to see in the picture but it's inscribed; D.E. McGill , Queenstown, S.A. 1944
I think I paid about $30 for it. That's a S&W Second Model Hand Ejector in .455 behind it. IT's been around as well. :D
Picked up a leather British Army jerkin at a market in Amsterdam a few years later. It's dated 1944 as well. Love the history of this stuff.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

2ndovc wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:52 am The trophy I bought at a London flea market. It's hard to see in the picture but it's inscribed; D.E. McGill , Queenstown, S.A. 1944
I think I paid about $30 for it. That's a S&W Second Model Hand Ejector in .455 behind it. IT's been around as well. :D
Picked up a leather British Army jerkin at a market in Amsterdam a few years later. It's dated 1944 as well. Love the history of this stuff.

jb 8)
That's a cool find, I go to the flea market pretty often but only occasionally find anything interesting.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Wow cool buckle gamekeeper!
My Winchester '76 commemorative is waving hello.

My pa gave me a belt buckle with 4 30-30 heads (with spent primers) in it. He put it on a rustic belt and gave it too me for my birthday some time ago now...
I've wore it almost every day since.

I tried posting pics but Imgur isn't liking me right now.
My first child - '94 30-30
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

GK I think you should wear that everyday!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:03 pm GK I think you should wear that everyday!
I plan on wearing it, my other buckles are either firearm or American related . . . 8)