Chromecast

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LAH
Levergunner

Chromecast

Post by LAH »

I have a Samsung 10 phone I'm trying to connect to a tv without wifi. Can't seem to get it done. Any tips?
Jay Bird

Re: Chromecast

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Lynn.

How ya doing.....I didn't know you guys had phones down in the hollow. :D Here in Pa we now have crank phones.

Hear from anyone lately?---Sixgun
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I used to make my own stereo components from scratch (no 'kits'), and could program in three different language compilers, and when speed was important, I'd program directly in assembly language for the 8086-8088 processor family.......but can't do anything with this new-fangled stuff..... :lol: :oops:

So I just ask someone in their teens to do it for me.... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

8086? I am only 54, so I can't really remember that. Wow! How ancient are you? :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Piller,
Respect your elders - and BE NICE!

To other former programmers- I learned assembly and Fortran at UT on the CDC 6600 and front end minis. That class was over subscribed and therefore available ONLY to graduating senior Math majors! WAY before there were any micro computers. Naturally, I became a scientific programmer, then manager, then ,,, then grumpy old xxxx!
My son was programming Basic on a Radio Shack TRS80 business computer when he was 5 years old and he has made a career in IT.

It would interest me to know if there are any others on the forum that recognize any of these old computer buzzwords.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm Hey Lynn.

How ya doing.....I didn't know you guys had phones down in the hollow. :D Here in Pa we now have crank phones.

Hear from anyone lately?---Sixgun
Wow! yall got crankphones/ Here we still use the can and string system. I think we a bit behind the times. :oops:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just so you are all aware, CRS and I are friends and he knows I was just teasing. Besides, he knows that there are only 10 kinds of people! Those who understand binary and those who don't.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

rossim92 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 am
Wow! yall got crankphones/ Here we still use the can and string system. I think we a bit behind the times. :oops:
That's fine Rossi 92.....the simpler your life is, the better you sleep.....people over emphasize money and modern conveniences.....it just complicates your life............the only modern invention I want to subscribe to is medical technology. Enjoy that can and string.... :D ---6
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A Bluetooth connection might be possible....Depends on the TV and Phone.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

You need a smart tv . The phone I have is an lg v40 it has an app that lets you connect to screen via bluetooth.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Piller, I'm not much older than you and remember the 8086 and 8088 well. Used a 6502 more, but still don't have an iPhone...

I still have a Mac Performa in the shop that has a IIe card. Got a Fortran compiler on 5 1/4 discs, too.

The mini assembler you had in II+ and above with 64k RAM was assume.
Now my deer camera has 32 gB
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
LAH
Levergunner

Post by LAH »

Doing good here sixgun.

Took chromecast back today. It's really no good without wifi.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

crs wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:23 am It would interest me to know if there are any others on the forum that recognize any of these old computer buzzwords.
Control Data Corp ... CDC Cyber system. I remember the board with all of the toggle switches that coded the first 64 instructions to execute upon boot. I also remember they ran on 400Hz AC power and so there was a room full of coupled alternators that spun and turned the 60Hz common AC into 400Hz AC.

Yeah, I may be old as well.

EE's were required to learn FORTRAN at Georgia Tech back then ... I took it as a freshman. Freshmen didn't have CRT terminal privileges ... so it was punch cards for me. God forbid you dropped your card deck. Nobody even uses the term "bit bucket" anymore ... the place where the card stock punches (used to be in the holes) fell into once punched.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

learned fortran and punched cards endlessly it seemed. first on IBM 360/75, then IBM 370/165. worked with my adviser [ I was chemistry major ] and ran quantum mechanical calculations, with so many punched cards including the data sets that I hauled them around on flat cart ! ran those at priority zero [ cheapest way ] and they often took several DAYS to run.
cable