The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

I am going to be carrying my Glock again. I replaced the connector with a brand new factory one, now it goes bang only once per trigger pull. I then sighted the red dot in again. Here are two 5 shot groups with a sight adjustment in between. Only 10 yards but I think it’ll do.
5680C341-78BF-45E4-941E-40B876843313.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hot dam! I win again. That’s three in a row. I award myself a couple hundred pounds of Mr. Ingots wheel weight stash.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Wow I win three in a row and go to bed, then get up and get ready to head of to make ring baloney and still abandoned by my buds here in the gun room. No accolades slaps on the back, cheers, it’s ok I can celebrate all by myself. It doesn’t hurt my feelings ...MUCH. *** ***
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I slept in! Woke up at 5:20. Leaving this early for ring balcony? It's already dead meat- it ain't going to run away :lol:

I saw that those domestic terrorist antifa morons were going to do something in NY. Is that who was going off? What I read was they were going after the subway system and the police.

Ok,ok no more Chinese food- wow what a night, heartburn and nightmares! We were doing a roof that was inside the basement of a larger building. No lights! The larger building was like a castle, lots of twists and turns, hidden rooms it was crazy!

Schmuck and Nannygoat really do have a vendetta don't they! Harris getting scolded- that's funny!

Naw Six they just need to be alarms, can you imagine an attack Labrador? They would run up to an intruder with a toy wagging their butts a thousand miles an hour- I'd shoot the guy and they would bring him back! Don't need a pile of bodies in the yard!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

fordwannabe wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:53 amWow I win three in a row and go to bed, then get up and get ready to head of to make ring baloney and still abandoned by my buds here in the gun room. No accolades slaps on the back, cheers, it’s ok I can celebrate all by myself. It doesn’t hurt my feelings ...MUCH. *** ***
I certainly can't speak for anyone else... but it was way too early in the am to congratulate you. Glad that our lack of enthusiasm didn't hurt your feelings... MUCH!!!! Besides, I was busy conversing with one of those Russian girlfriends for hire on the internet!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Griff, maybe I should stop deleting the Russian women that want to get at you fellows on this forum. Here is one here but I thought she might be up to no good. So ... zap, there she goes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS, you have my undying gratitude! It may seem like a thankless job, but... I get enough unwanted trash in my inbox!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

It’s ok I think I will be able to overcome the pain🥴
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Parker had 9 flushes this morning. I got 3, the other 2 guys got 2 and 3. The 9th bird we watched fly away into another field. Went to look for it, Parker found it in a deep thicket of nasty thorns, vines you name it. The bird lit out on foot but she couldn't lay teeth on it and I had to call her off since she was off our property.

Claro was not happy to be left home this morning, kinda gave me the cold shoulder when we got home.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tom wins again???!!! That's what you get for hanging around more often.......read that twice......that's what you get for hanging around more often....get it? (Your prize)

Semi bad day.....blew first place by a couple of easy misses...put me in a shoot off with a 30 year old kid and he beat me. Had to settle for second place but I was the only guy to hit ten chickens in a row...big deal, got a "10 pin" and a #2 pin.

At least Gunny had a successful day.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Respite for the snow types, shirt sleeves golf here in the high D of SoCal.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A late dinner tonite:

file mignon, medium rare, cooked with cajun seasoning, chili powder & marinated in Worchestshire sauce; red potatoes in virgin olive oil cajun & chili seasoning; and finally, creamed corn, cracked black pepper, Good living, and to wash it down, Hard Black Cherry Lemonade... Like Peanuts floating back to earth... heavenly!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Excuse me while I go wash the dishes... OS blocked my Russian girlfriend... so I'm regulated to both cook & dishwasher!!! :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hate you both....sunshine and food.......I'd just like to rent that Russian gal....Fred...set me up....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

huh, white rain over night! The ground is covered this morning. Yet tomorrow is going to be in the 50's.

Sorry to hear you lost the match in the shoot off! Still 10/10 on chickens is nothing to sneeze at! Chickens are tough no matter what. You'll get them next time!

Going to switch things up today, I'm going to hunt with one of the other members today. I haven't hunted much over a pointing dog. This guy used to do field trials so his dog 'must be' perfectly set before the bird can be flushed. He will reposition the dog for that perfect point before allowing you to flush the bird.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry about the match buddy. Quite honestly, it sounds like you did pretty well to me. Now way I could shoot like that.

Hey Gunny.
When you were talking about looking for a perfect "point" before "flushing", I was hoping you weren't talking about turds. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gee I didnt think about it that way! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That sounds painful.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Just so we all know Griff and Fred aren’t the only levergunners that can throw some grub together.
BFB75A8E-1B02-4A44-A880-2A7A5DE83047.jpeg
taters with chipotle seasoning and onion, a couple slices of thick cut bacon and some chicken fruit.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Dang Tom, now I have to go eat breakfast.

Is there a Rugby game on TV today? Anything but suffering thru another SuperBowl just to see the halftime commercials...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Tom I thought I was the only one that referred to eggs as chicken fruit!! :lol:

Was an interesting morning, dogs on point everywhere, birds flying & dying! I even had a double flush and got em both. Was a fun morning but boy did I miss my girls!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

My dad always called eggs “cackle berries”
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Super Bowl, if there is anything I don't watch it is the commercials and halftime show.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:29 am Sorry about the match buddy.
When you were talking about looking for a perfect "point" before "flushing", I was hoping you weren't talking about turds. :D
#1) In handguns, I play to win...all others is fun.

#2) the reason for the point is so your ah don't slam shut.

Super Bowl? I'm going to watch the Trump/Hannity interview and then I got ammo to load.

Tom.....looks good......how I miss bacon.--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Cheddar cheese, Sopressata and crackers with McLintock on the tube- that's what I consider a good lunch!

Cackle berries- gotta remember that!

Haven't watched the 'super bowl ' in a long time, I could care less about pro sports .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And here, I thought I was all alone in not caring less about the SB or any football.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I got your back Griff!

Although I will watch THE PUPPY BOWL! :)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

For some reason, most real deal gun guys don't care for sports. At the club yesterday, I heard nothing about it. In my hs yearbook it says I was a proud member of the 2:30 club.....did what I had to do and then got out.

I can't see a pay off for such a venture....break bones for what? Even watching it, why? It's OTHER people doing things...I'd much rather being DOING IT.--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I could care less about "sports".
How excited can you get about something you don't participate in?
It's one thing if you are in HS and play. After that, to me, it just seems like a waste of time.

I watch a few wheeling videos, but I actually wheel.

I hunt, but do NOT watch hunting shows. I find those extremely stupid.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, I would suggest that by that standard we should not be interested in things we are not involved in doing. I played though college, five undefeated seasons and the longest winning streak in the country in college. That interest in the game has not gone away and I don't look at any interest as a waste of time. I am interested in the world of research into subatomic particles and what they do but am not and have never been involved in that research.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, I have also noticed that most hunters I have known and some shooters are not interested in sports. I have been on involved my whole life in both/all three. I for the most part am interested in practical shooting. I have hardly any interest in shooting beyond 300 yds but this is all personal.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm pretty much interested in the shooting sports I'm involved in, Hunting has begun to take a back seat... to competition, but only to an extent do I consider it real competition, mostly the challenge to myself. How well I do is relative to my experience, or... in the case of CAS, just the joy of using the guns. As my eyes weaken, I have to reassess my goals.

As for sports, I love sail racing, but it's not something I've ever done, yet for events like the Volvo Ocean Race, America's Cup or several others, the level of competition is as high as it can get. The Volvo for example, takes several months to complete, covers 40K+ miles...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, I could like sailing. Like to watch the America's Cup. Only had two opportunities, opposite ended of the spectrum ;-). The first was in Lake Charles with a Sunfish. Hit a dead sturgeon the was better than half the size of the boat On the second I had the opportunity to take the helm of the Abbracadabra for 20 min in San Diego bay. It was an America's Cup yacht. 110 ft mast carrying 2500 ft of sail. The owner told me ... keep it pointed there, very responsive. Must be exciting when they are racing adding a jib. I have a picture at the office I will post.

Always liked the riding and shooting pics you posted.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS, I'm going to Auckland next Jan, probably be gone 2-3 months... visit some cousins, maybe meet a few I've not met yet... Yes, America's Cup race... I'm rooting for the Kiwis!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage has a point...there are many things I'm interested in but do not participate in....like things in the science channel and Smithsoniam channel.....probably because I don't have a chance in hell at things they talk about.

I believe what turns me off about sports is the turn it has taken since I was a kid in the sixties when we looked up to those guys...the Mickey Mantles and the Willy Mays are all gone and have been replaced wth ???? whatever they are.

Well Fred,,,if you like the America' Cup so much why don't you spring for Captain Nathanael Herreshoff's Triple lock 44 Spl. I have downstairs. Looking to get rid of this stuff....--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:49 pm
Well Fred,,,if you like the America' Cup so much why don't you spring for Captain Nathanael Herreshoff's Triple lock 44 Spl. I have downstairs. Looking to get rid of this stuff....--6
I'll give ya a hundred bucks for it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:15 pm
Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:49 pm
I'll give ya a hundred bucks for it!

Claro and it's a deal.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah- NOT! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Just for that I'm sending Jay to your house with his newly designed buffalo coat with extra large sleeves with automatic dog food dispensers. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack, be careful of Gunny he is being a cheapskate offering you One Hundred dollars for that revolver. I’ll give ya TWO hundred dollars and a ring of pretty bad homemade ring baloney. Dunno what happened to it very dry and crumbly we have made ring baloney, Lebanon baloney, and snack sticks for many years never had it turn out bad . It taste okay buiuuut.
Jack got the mold yesterday. Thanks Jack.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tom,
I don't eat none of that junk....too much salt.

Tonight I sold the 44 Spl...I sold it to myself for .50 cents in honor of .50 cent. I'm going to start wearing a big clock around my neck.---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Price then ???

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We got about 3" of snow yesterday afternoon/evening, supposedly 50 degrees by this afternoon. Going to make for a lot of mud!

Woke up shivering, the girls decided that right next to me was the place to be last night, pulling the comforter off me.

Anyhow that 44special for 50 cents was a bargain! Glad you spent the money on it! Did you get it on a C&R license or did you have to wait for NICS? :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

AND I OFFERED YOU FOUR HUNDRED TIMES that much! (Going a little Terry M on ya)! What a pal. Man some people!
CODE 14 on ya, yeah I said it CODE 14!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Code 14?...is no code 14.....Rock Island Arsenal is gonna get this one. I need to capitalize...being a poor farmer type.

Hey....who wants any pallets? Buddy just called and said he's on his way over with 30 pallets...WTF? --6

Guess they will work for kindling wood or more stump burning.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You want a good laugh? An hour ago I'm out front doing a bit of chainsaw work and as usual, someone sees me and pulls in the driveway....shut off chainsaw..........he walks over and hands me a pair of military boots...nice ones!......so......we are bs en.....he tells me he got into a very minor fender bender.....some mom and daughter backed into his truck.....a mega truck...did zero damage and put a dent on the other people's trunk...........

They apologize.....then the woman opens her trunk to inspect the damage from the inside and says to my bud, "I have something in my trunk and I hope you won't be offended." He says, "Look, I hang around with Jack so I don't think I'll be offended." She looks perplexed and opens the trunk and in the trunk were Trump signs! He says, "He's the best man to ever hit the politics seen." She agrees. Shows you how people are ashamed to say they support Trump...sad....

Not bad for free.... :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah but are they 3 sizes too small ?

Mud, mud & more mud!! Whole day slipping and sliding on mud !

Code 6
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Size 9 Gunny...what do you wear...size 14 canoes?----6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:11 am Size 9 Gunny...what do you wear...size 14 canoes?----6
Easy. That's hitting close to home. :D
Size 12 here......you know what they say? :D

Seeing the John Kort post kinda reminded me I have to do some 44-40 work. Still have to try those bullets you sent me, buddy.
I've used Unique and 4227 in the 44. I will have to get some 5744 to try. I've never used it. I always used the 38, as it's just so much easier to get good results with.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Only 10 or 11s depending on manufacturer of the boot. I've been 'blessed' with very high arches so the instep of footwear can be a problem for fit.

5744 is nice and easy!

4 more days to deer hunt, still haven't been able to get in a tree...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!