They really are out there ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

They really are out there ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Uncle ain't talkin' to us about what he knows. :shock:

https://www.space.com/navy-confirms-sec ... tification
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: They really are out there ...

Post by Blaine »

I've seen those stationary points of bright light. Then they zoom across someplace and are stationary again.
And, they are among us...a couple are on the forum. :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I haven't seen any evidence of Tic Tacs posting on this forum. :o
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:02 pm I haven't seen any evidence of Tic Tacs posting on this forum. :o
Tic Tacs? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

This shouldn't be news to anyone. The Bible told us a couple thousand years ago that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses... one of the attributes of some of them is that they can appear and disappear at will...

I'm thinking they are just teasing us, and helping us to remember to "look up, our redemption is getting near"... and maybe rolling on the clouds and laughing out loud.. :lol:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Tic Tacs?
That was a descriptive term one of the aircrew used to describe the objects he was seeing
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Probably watching like we do sitcoms
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is what they were called. Blaine suggested there might even be some posting on here. I haven't seen any Tic Tacs that can defy the laws of Physics as we know them posting on here.
D. Brian Casady
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm Probably watching like we do sitcoms
Or circus act!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Two things I've never seen. I've never seen a UFO and, I've never seen a full mayonnaise jar.
Like Sasquatch, I'll believe they exist when I see one. :)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had a full jar of mayonnaise sitting on the shelf in my pantry for 20 years. PillHer had bought it because her family always had some on hand. None of us will touch it.
D. Brian Casady
Gabby
Levergunner

Post by Gabby »

This is kind of long but it's might be what you want to see.

https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Bill in Oregon said
Uncle ain't talkin' to us about what he knows. :shock:

Bill, surely you remember the saying "Loose lips sink ships"".
Same reason that Trump did not give advance notice before knocking off that Iranian terrorist general.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Should we believe the military and professional pilots who say they have seen them?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Why not? I haven't seen a black hole, or an electron, but both supposedly exist.
D. Brian Casady
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Just for sake of discussion, aircrew saw _something_ not within their usual catalog of observables.

There is a looooong list of possibles here, and a long way before we get to oversized tic-tacs piloted by LGM's. (little green men)
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:05 pm Should we believe the military and professional pilots who say they have seen them?
No. This is like thinking all cops know guns. Its a fallacy. Some certainly do, but not most. For example, pilots have ROUTINELY misidentified Venus as UFOs for decades. Pilots do not necessarily know the sky. My main hobby is astronomy. Now please I am not tooting my horn, just giving you a background of where I am coming from. Just like rebuilding my own guns, I am so into astronomy that I grind my own optics for my telescopes. Have been observing and probing the sky intensely since April 1974 in all kinds of conditions and never saw anything that was out of the ordinary in these past 46 plus years. Its amazing that of all the UFO sightings from military and pilots....well...I so far have not ever heard of one from an actual astronomer. Dont you think a profession or passion that is outside at night looking up every clear night would have the majority of UFO sightings? yet almost none...but remember..they KNOW the sky.
Now, as a believer in a Supreme Being I can CERTAINLY understand if the universe is populated with others...if a Creator can make life here, He can make it anywhere. But, from a science point of view, life forming here has such incredibly small chance of happening that the odds of it happening TWICE are statistically ZERO.
So when this topic comes up when I am showing the heavens to scouts or the public at my private observatory I answer that if you believe in any Supreme Being, the universe can be teeming with life. But if you believe science, statistically we are alone here on Earth.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I really don't care what anybody believes but I am interested in a,very high quality 2x 5" magnifying glass for looking at xrays.

Your advice?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

LIFE DIDN'T HAPPEN HERE BY CHANCE. THE ODDS THAT IT DID ARE ZERO.

I get this information from the Bible, which comes with its own built-in proof test, unimpeachable evidence and authenticated certification of the truth of the evidence.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

All joking on this topic aside for the moment, several years ago some people saw some type of unknown aircraft performing maneuvers that were advanced beyond what was known at the time. This happened near Waco, TX. One observer got a rifle and looked through the scope at the U.F.O. he saw "Not a step" stencilled on the craft near what he assumed to be a cockpit. The U.S. Air Force is in the habit of using such painted on warnings on their aircraft in places where setting your foot might cause an accidental fall. That Unidentified Flying Object was some type of advanced aircraft that the public is not familiar with. Military aircraft that are more advanced than what the public is aware of have been happening for quite a number of years. The SR71 was kept secret for some time. The F117 was kept secret several years before it was used in Iraq. The Cruise Missile was developed and tested some time prior to 1983. My Uncle Jess was one of the design team on it. He retired in 1982, and in about 2007 was telling the family that it was considered perfected prior to his retirement. When you give a batch of Aircraft designers enough time and funding, the results may come out appearing to be otherworldly.

Think about when the Me262 started being produced. In the 1940s. At the time it was Science Fiction. By the 1950s we had some pretty impressive fighter jets. A 10 year time jump and we were double the performance or better of the first production jet.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:29 pm All joking on this topic aside for the moment, several years ago some people saw some type of unknown aircraft performing maneuvers that were advanced beyond what was known at the time. This happened near Waco, TX. One observer got a rifle and looked through the scope at the U.F.O. he saw "Not a step" stencilled on the craft near what he assumed to be a cockpit. The U.S. Air Force is in the habit of using such painted on warnings on their aircraft in places where setting your foot might cause an accidental fall. That Unidentified Flying Object was some type of advanced aircraft that the public is not familiar with. Military aircraft that are more advanced than what the public is aware of have been happening for quite a number of years. The SR71 was kept secret for some time. The F117 was kept secret several years before it was used in Iraq. The Cruise Missile was developed and tested some time prior to 1983. My Uncle Jess was one of the design team on it. He retired in 1982, and in about 2007 was telling the family that it was considered perfected prior to his retirement. When you give a batch of Aircraft designers enough time and funding, the results may come out appearing to be otherworldly.

Think about when the Me262 started being produced. In the 1940s. At the time it was Science Fiction. By the 1950s we had some pretty impressive fighter jets. A 10 year time jump and we were double the performance or better of the first production jet.
I know that the Harrier, F-35, Ospery can hover...but is that ground effect hover, or can they do that at altitudes so high you couldn't hear them.
One time when I was watching the point of light that was stationary, then quickly zoomed to another spot even through my binocs it was still just a point of light.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Blaine, I don't know the answer. Harriers are old technology. Has something that is more advanced been developed? Could be.
D. Brian Casady
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm I really don't care what anybody believes but I am interested in a,very high quality 2x 5" magnifying glass for looking at xrays.

Your advice?
I think for that application, not a demanding optical test, any reader that size that you pick up at a bookstore (or maybe an office supply store?) would do. I have a similar need, reading my star charts at night under a red light. I used to use a magnifier about that size, but then switched over to a pair of 'cheaters', about 2X, that I picked up at Walmart or Walgeens for around $6 and wear like normal glasses. I put them on, read the chart, take them off, climb up the ladder to the eyepiece of my telescope, then promptly forget what the star pattern looked like and have to climb down again and do it all over! Old age aint good but it beats the alternative!
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Must be some telescope.