Update time.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Update time.

Post by Nath »

It's turning out to be a good pheasant and small game season for me this year. Think I'm up to 26 roosters so far, a few snipe and a woodcock.
Pictures to follow.
First, I was given a little 20g single by Baikal. I have a soft spot for these cheap Russians but hey the thing fits good and is a joy to shoot.
I took this pheasant at 40yds rocketing left to right with a 1oz target load.
IMG_20200110_093023954_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191231_121346923.jpg
The little smoothrifle of just keeps doing what it does best too.
IMG_20200104_154030231.jpg
I have been having some fun with the Marlin 990 and the newish Hornady varmint express hp 22 ammo. It's a slow high velocity loading that really enhances the trajectory of a subsonic but still reasonably quiet and in my rifle, accurate. The bullet very much resembles the old Winchester PowerPoint bullet!
IMG_20200103_120128919.jpg
Took some large fox's recently too. Some called in and some at night. I look over some chicken units and sheep farms and it's important I keep on top of them.
IMG_20191228_232808383.jpg
So, getting older and slower but still getting shots off...just about.
N.
IMG_20200104_154556710~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Update time.

Post by Old Savage »

Nice Nath !
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As normal you and Jess are keeping the UK countryside safe from the invasive chinese chickens and to sneaky ol foxes- great pics too!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gladdens my heart to see you having sport with so many different types of firearms, variety certainly is the spice of life.
Great photography too :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Always a joy to see you and Jess out taking care of the varmints and table fare.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Thank you for the pictures. As always, it is a good posting.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I bet many a lad in the UK envies you your job, Nath. So do a whole bunch of us in the States! 8)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:28 am I bet many a lad in the UK envies you your job, Nath. So do a whole bunch of us in the States! 8)
To be honest Bill I'm getting a little tired. I know no other though. That and a troubled marriage.....again!
Sometimes finding the courage........

Thanks all.
N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers sent for a fix for your marriage. Whatever is best. Not up to me to decide that.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Hope thing work out Nath....We have plenty of ups and downs here. :( . I can only dream of the ringnecks and ruffed grouse that were everywhere when I was a kid 60 years ago. friends of animals and peta ended the trapping that kept the fox and coon numbers down , we have an explosion of coyotes here and the only critters that seem to survive well are the deer and wild turkeys as the turkeys roost high in the trees at night. Thanks for all of Your posts and Great pictures , they are greatly appreciated. Jim from Ohio.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

My favorite pictures on the board come from Nath and others in far away lands.

I tell ya, Nath don't let no grass grow under his .-# when it comes to getting out and pulling the trigger and enjoying the outdoors.

Curious Nath..how much does (in dollars, I don't understand your pounds) a box of 100 of those Hornadys cost?----6

Code 4
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

piller wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm Prayers sent for a fix for your marriage. Whatever is best. Not up to me to decide that.
Thank you.
.45colt wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:09 pm Hope thing work out Nath....We have plenty of ups and downs here. :( . I can only dream of the ringnecks and ruffed grouse that were everywhere when I was a kid 60 years ago. friends of animals and peta ended the trapping that kept the fox and coon numbers down , we have an explosion of coyotes here and the only critters that seem to survive well are the deer and wild turkeys as the turkeys roost high in the trees at night. Thanks for all of Your posts and Great pictures , they are greatly appreciated. Jim from Ohio.
Yes, I have good bio diversity by keeping the predators down some. I don't get them all and don't want to. In fact what preds are still about do ok because of less competition. I'm slowing down though now. I'm ready for the spring now.
Sixgun Sr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 pm My favorite pictures on the board come from Nath and others in far away lands.

I tell ya, Nath don't let no grass grow under his .-# when it comes to getting out and pulling the trigger and enjoying the outdoors.

Curious Nath..how much does (in dollars, I don't understand your pounds) a box of 100 of those Hornadys cost?----6

Code 4
Thanks Six.
About £12/100rds so....$15.69!
We get taxed from every conceivable angle!

Code brown :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Nath...$15?..not real bad....CCI Mini Mags are $8 or so. Green Tag target ammo ammo runs about $10.......if you take into account that real estate taxes are $3500 and I don't get nothing in return for it, $15 ain't bad at all. ----6

Code 8
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 am Thanks Nath...$15?..not real bad....CCI Mini Mags are $8 or so. Green Tag target ammo ammo runs about $10.......if you take into account that real estate taxes are $3500 and I don't get nothing in return for it, $15 ain't bad at all. ----6

Code 8
Code 8
Code 8 is the term given on a tannoy system to alert the store manager and assistant manager (if he's on duty) to the presence of a very hot woman in the store. Not to be confused with a Code 19 (otherwise known as Dragonwatch) which is an ugly woman. As you can imagine, Code 19's supersede Code 8's by a significant amount.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!