The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

FE304? No cant say I do, or at least remember it.

Well when they put me into the computer I was #212 on the list. That was about 3pm. I left around 4:45 and was still #212... guess I have to wait until tomorrow.

Thank you for the setup- I won another page,guess I get to award myself my new Mouser !! :lol:

I just thought of a good analogy for this thread-
We are like congress, lots of words but nothing getting done of any substance.

Ah magnetite or FE304, yes black oxide!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Nice one Fred......looks to me you have a fetish with cookwear like my wife does.....Geeze! Now you even have a "soft stuff" frying pan complete with bunny ears......

Hey Griff......as you know, I'm around a lot of people with a lot of guns a lot of the time.......without exception, the guys who shoot the commemorative '94's say the short rifles outshoot the standard lengths. At least that's what they say, Ive only had one long rifle and my boy has had it for pushing 30 years...

Idiotic gun laws ......when the NICS is down, it tends to pee off a lot of people......Gunny is being quiet...must be involved.

Got to get to bed early...a guy is coming over at 8 to start digging out my pond.....filled up near the top with mud from the last 25 years....---6
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Well six if you were around here you could drill a few anchors and lift the ice out, dig the pond out and set the ice back in the pond.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang! Missed winning Gunny's new Mauser by ONE post.........the rules explicitly say you cannot win your own stuff so it looks like Fred is gonna have to award you his frying pan...the one that's color case hardened. Luck guy! (Well, Gunny is)---6

Naaa Gunny...I ain't dat talented to drill hole s in ice...I am pretty good at drilling holes in spray paint cans though...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Bet t wait til the cans're empty! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Drilling holes in ice?! That's easy, Dewalt makes a really nice cordless drill, it's a multi tasking tool that will drill holes in just about anything,including ice.

Yep NICS was moving about as fast as the impeachment papers....... S L O W.

Well it's Friday, guess I'll wander down the street and have a snifter of brown likker and bs with my buddy.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Fetish :o I have acquired 12+ in the past year but I have given some away and my wife has taken over two. So ... I only have about 9 to work with. You call that a fetish ??? Let me talk to Mrs. Six about this. we will get yhis straightened out. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! I go out and actually do something and look what I miss! Now we're on another page.
Took a two hour power nap after work. Then the old man decided it was time to put his ice shack up to the lake. We hauled her up and got him all settled in his spot.
Then the wife and I drove 60 miles so I could get some new Red Wings. Been wearing my current pair 5 years.
Hit the brewery for some hot wings and cold beer.
Now I'm back home in my recliner.

That is one sexy fryin' pan OS! :D

And I hold Griff personally responsible for making me buy that Legendary Lawman last year. Now he is posting up pics of more of those shooter commemoratives. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On another line, I was looking back at pistols I had fired the most, Model 24 - 6,000 rds., Springfield 1911, 5000 rds., K22 ??? thousands. Then I thought what was next? Ah, there was a Ruger NMBH in .45 Colt/ACP. 4 5/8". Should have kept that one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey now! Ice shack, what kinda fish ya got there? Togue? Splake? White & yeller perch?
I believe 10 pans would be considered a fetish :D

Oh I'm going to regret the Makers Mark, always wake up in a foul mood after imbibing in it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The beginnings of a thorough investigation is more my take and I am having others investigate more and two grills.

Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

"Oh I'm going to regret the Makers Mark, always wake up in a foul mood after imbibing in it."

I call Bulleit my happy nap juice. Maybe just me but worth a try.
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 pmAnd I hold Griff personally responsible for making me buy that Legendary Lawman last year. Now he is posting up pics of more of those shooter commemoratives. :D
You're most welcome. If that's the only Commemorative you have, you're still a little light! :P :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Also investigating survival knives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, yeah.......thanks for the encouragement Griff old buddy. :D

Gunny,
There are brook and brown trout. And the usual assortment of white and yellow perch.

Hey O.S,
I had a 4 5/8 NMBH in .45 too. Like you, I let it go and always kicked myself. They are very light and handy.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Geeze! I take a break for a couple of hours and you guys are talking away....Old Savage with James Bond's Walther, Griff with ...whatever he's with, Gunny hoping he passes NICS with crossed fingers, Larkbill making an excellent entrance, and Jay introducing us to his new neighbor....(man! They make small houses up there!) How many square feet in your neighbors house....80?...how many kids does he have? Is there a loft in there? Does your neighbor know he's gonna have to move the foundation before springtime.? :D

Oh I tell ya, it's Christmas everyday here in the Gun Room.....everyone is happy, positive, and fun loving.

Got to get to bed early guys.....theres gonna be a back hoe here in the am....there's gonna be some big snappers coming out of the mud tomorrow.......pictures to come..stay tuned....and.......stay happy----6.....o ...aka Super Fly
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I enjoy Makers Mark but the next day I'm cranky . Why I dont know. Nothing else makes me cranky. Haven't tried Bulleit. Tin cup isn't all that bad .
However I did sleep in this morning- 5:45!!!
Gee Six it's the middle of January and you are evicting snapping turtles- that's not very nice! :lol:

I've never caught trout through ice, heck I've only ice fished once but I caught a 5 lbs small mouth.

I sure hope the NICS goes through earlier than later so I can try to get in my stand and maybe put some meat in the freezer.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jeez Gunny, the suspense is killing us! Freakin' NIC(S)! I hate that guy. :D
Man! You guys are still deer hunting?

I sip a little when I'm down watching TV at night on the weekends. I keep JD, JD rye, Jim Beam Black, Knob Creek, and Gentlemen Jack around. I even have a jug of Single Barrel (had it for three years and haven't opened it). Only drink any of it neat. Rarely on ice.

Yeah, the "house" measures 5'x8'. Plenty of room without looking like you're a high falutin' snob.
We actually use it a lot. We haul it up to the lot during deer season to have a place to cook a meal, warm up, or change clothes.
When we went up yesterday, some guys had a 25' dual axle camper out there! Had a generator going and all! I should have snapped a pic. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:10 am I enjoy Makers Mark but the next day I'm cranky .
Gee Six it's the middle of January and you are evicting snapping turtles- that's not very nice! :lol:

I've never caught trout through ice, heck I've only ice fished once but I caught a 5 lbs small mouth.
OK, your 50? Enjoy the bourbon, you only have a few years left and then it's a shot or two...anything more than that you will start thinking one end of the barrel looks better than the other...been there.....I can't even keep it in the house..out of sight...out of mind.

Yea, the guy drove the back hoe over here..he's working at the moment. Boy! Is he gonna be surprised when I tell him I have to wait for my tax return money to pay him....and I ain't getting nothing back!!! (That's a joke, haven't owned anybody a dime since I was 40 and plan on keeping it that way.)

You caught a "small mouth"? If you want to catch a "BIG MOUTH" just go to "general discussion". :D

I put the iPad on zoom and just took this picture.-------6......o.......da bro. aka Super Fly

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Dude, I only have 1 or 2 shots anyway. Moderation is my middle name!
Man! You have had a ton of work down there buddy!
Glad it is winding down.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If the conversation is going to include Bourbon, then maybe I should rejoin this ladies knitting circle :lol: I agree with 6, too much of a good thing can turn your single shot into a side by side, my preference is Makers Mark but it's got too pricey in the UK, so at the moment I have JB, JD, Bulliet, Woodford Reserve and a German brand called Clarke's.
It may sound like I have a drink problem but old gamekeeper rarely drinks more than a couple of shots per week, all my Bourbon comes via friends and family that know I like all things American, .🇺🇸 I even drink Budweiser :shock: If I can't get proper beer :x
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree GK! And yes, Makers is pretty good. I don't drink much either. I don't touch bourbon all summer long. I only enjoy a sip in the colder months.
I also agree with your opinion on Budweiser.

However,
I disagree that this is a ladies knitting circle! :D
I can't knit, and we are all too ugly and disreputable to be called "ladies". :D

Just a bunch of hicks blathering on about nothing much. We have a lot of fun, though.
We could use a cultured gentleman such as yourself old buddy! :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey! I don't like this!!!!! You guys get to talk about drinking and I can only reminisce! Now we even have a guy 3,000 miles away talking about the good stuff!!! For real, I wish I could only have a drink or two but somewhere along the line, the "drunk gene" was passed to me......don't know where as I'm the only drunk in the family........maybe Gunny or Jay is my real father...dunno...

Hey..wait a minute, Gamekeeper..are you older than 65? Maybe my mom visited England one time and you could be my daddy! :D

Hi dad! Why did you abandon me???

To you farmers out there I now hold the record as the owner of the world's largest cow pie. I told the guy to leave it there and when it dries out, it's makes PERFECT hole fillers in the yard.....the soil is near black......lots of goodies in there to make things grow.----6.......o......da bro

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Seein as I'm younger than you, it'd be tough to be your daddy. Even up here. :D
BUT.....if I'm in your will, I can inherit all those cool guns so they can "stay in the family". :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jameson and Tullamore Dew are good. I use Stroh Rum for cooking. 160 proof just burns too much to drink straight.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I tried Makers Mark once. Meh.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I know nothing about scotch. Always curious but I feel like I'd have to go to school and be educated about it first. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I used to be a Scotch drinker in my young and foolish days but I over did it and now it tastes like poison. Talking about my young and foolish days I'm sure I'd remember being Six's daddy :lol:
If anyone wants to taste a REAL good bourbon I can recommend this, expensive but unforgettable.
bourbon-bg-20year-1.jpg
Click to enlarge.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey GK! Even if you turned out to be Six's daddy, we wouldn't think too much less of you. :D
I can understand you being on a different continent though! :D
I've never heard of that bourbon. Looks quite interesting.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tullamore dew is very nice! Personally I much prefer JD Single Barrel over everything else!
But what I really prefer are stacked barrels and a rising bird- feathered or clay ! :lol:
Jumped in the truck, drove over to the shop walked in and was handed my new Mouser! ( my spelling not auto correct) . From the proof marks and MADE IN ITALY it is 100% Guinea!! I have since installed the .410 bottom tube and 28 in the top. I'm going to use it next weekend on birds!
20200111_102701.jpg
20200111_102626-768x1024.jpg
410 tube in place

Yep our deer season runs September through February! Unlimited doe's and two at a time!
20200111_105317-800x600.jpg
oh it came with this leather trunk case with an ugly green outer cover.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Very nice Gunny! Glad you got her home. I own nothing that classy. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Shouldn't a Mouser be used on mice?
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes but any shotgun is good medicine on mice!

Jay, this is by no means a high grade gun. It is scratching an itch I have had for a year or so, I may still cough up the money and get a set of 28 tubes for my Perazzi.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

pappy Van Winkles is indeed one of the best! It's hard to find and quite pricey!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Which dog was that looking over the case?
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, it is high grade compared to what I have! :D
Glad you got it buddy.
Hey! I didn't notice the pup! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Parker decided to get in on the act !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:17 pm Yes Parker decided to get in on the act !
No, Parker is thinking “enough coon fingering, let’s hunt”.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oooooooooooo I like dat Gunny! Looks like a high grade to me..........it's made in Italy? . Well, I have to confiscate it....it most likely belonged to my grandfather. Yea..
Good feeling gettin' a new toy...let us know how it groups at 200 meters. :D

Did you hear Jay....
"He ain't got nutting dat fancy". Mmmmmm...better look past the shotguns buddy. :D

Hey! Look at all the visitors we have......sure wish they wouldn't be visitors and would spend more time...this is gggrrrreeeeeaaaattttttttttt as Tony the Tiger would say......if you,guys think the royalty checks,were big last month, just wait for the check this month......Weeeeerrrreeeee in the moooooooonnnnneeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!!

Still can't believe that Gamekeeper is my daddy.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You should package that mud for beauty parlors! Bet you would make a bundle selling it. On the label a before ( pic of pelosi ) and after ( a pic of Mrs Trump ) to show how well it works! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's a good idea Gunny.
Ole Six is quite a salesman too. He has squeezed a bunch of money outta me lately. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Sixgun
ac7dbc26de5d410662c9607ca6f2708f.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well played, GK! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:33 pmHaha well played, GK! :D
Ditto!!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack, going back to the question you asked a page ago. I got some 33wcf headstamped brass. Good to see everybody doing well.
Jay you think ol Six has gotten a bunch of money out of you????? Let me tell ya buddy! Ain’t complaining one bit though as I think I got good stuff at a fair price.
I pay off my mustang this month and my LAST student loans an payment is in March sooooo I will be visiting and go on a shopping trip🤗
I have found a large issue with my accumulation of levers!
I have model 1894 Winchester’s with 26 inch barrel in 38-55, 32-40,32WS but don’t have one in 30-30 (or 25-35 actually)but how do I not have one in 30-30?? Oh the humanity of it! Gotta fix that!!
Last edited by fordwannabe on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah I'm just bustin on him. I got a good deal too. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I was trying to think how many guns I bought from him but I am getting old timers disease.
A Marlin S/C Deluxe in 35
The Marlin prototype in 35
A 1894 in 32-40
A Marlin in 218 bee
I know I am missing one maybe two.
What am I missing Jack?
Oh yeah I remember that short barreled 1886 in 45-90 I bought but you forgot to deliver.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, enough of high dollar guns, back to condo survival knives. My wife was kept awake by the sound of branches against the window in the wind. So out I go with the Glock 81 with the root saw and hacked it off.

Previously there had been a vine branch interfering on the walk. That 78.root saw made short work of that I will tell you. The rigors of condo living. 😋

You see it here with the Mod 78.with the plain back spine.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have a Glock knife, got it back in 92. It has the root saw but I never tried it. I did use the knife to gut a lot of deer though !

Tom you better watch out- now that sneaky buffalo coat guy knows what you have ! :lol:

Jack must be packaging mud to sell !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Like anybody else on this thread, Jay Buffalocoat Is welcome here anytime.