The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

Six, stump? That's a stump? This is a stump. Up your game. You are the Six.

Now, on to Mama. I got a new pan today she will be interested in ... De Buyer carbon steel steak fry pan. Seasoned it and cooked eggs at lunch, round steak for dinner.

This is the way it should look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm ok..... I'm ok!

Did someone say 300BO? That's my latest play toy. Been having lots of fun with them.
I make all my 300 brass from L.C. I have a little 2" diameter cutoff saw from Harbor Freight. The little vice comes off and a small jig bolts in it's place. You adjust to get the length you want. It has a ball detent that locks into the extractor groove and you push the brass in from the left and it pops the one you cut out the right.
You can pound the brass out with this setup.
I can post pics when I get home.
I've been loading Speer 125gr. TNT's. You can buy 500 for under 80 bucks shipped.
I load with 18.3gr of H110 to an OAL of 2.100.
I get about 2230fps and almost 1 hole groups from my 16" rifle.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh look Six, I won 36 ... that is 6x6. 😁
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Damm! Old Savage wins page 36 and costs me more money....Mom saw the pan and she wants one.......I was TOLD to ask Fred where he ordered it from. When it comes, I'll ask the pertinent info on seasoning....please.

Nice pic of you on the stump Fred....Mom says, "what's Jonathan Winters doing on that stump?" :D

Now Jay is back in town..Hi Jay!!!!....He's costing me money too. I want one of those cut off tools....gonna head down to Harbor Freight next week with a mess of cash to stock up on stuff I don't need. Pics please ole pal....

Got to wait till Gunny gets up in a couple of hours to figure out what to award Old Savage.....Maybe he has something there that needs to be rewrapped. Maybe Griff will come up with something...sure,he has an extra golf cart laying around so Fred can use it on the golf course, and use it to pick up soft stuff at each of the eighteen holes.----6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sure buddy!
I will get you a list of everything you need tomorrow.......well, later today. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, what does Old Savage win...? Huh, I'm at a loss- for now.

Yes I scored the Mauser. This thing has me intrigued. The tubes do not have a makers name, the guy I'm getting it from thinks they are from the factory. The receiver is case hardened, has fairly nice wood, a leather trunk case that also has storage for the tubes. Doing a quick bit of research online finds no definitive answer to where/who made it but it's either Spanish or Italian made. Heck the sale price was $1500.00 so I'm not breaking the bank. I've been thinking about a set of 28 tubes from Briley- about half the cost of the Mauser. Of course now I have to start buying 20 ammo...
IMG_0536_1.jpg
I got it!!- Old Savage wins a box of canine confetti! ( most people call it dog hair). This is pure unadulterated Labrador hair, if it's good enough to stuff church cushions it's good enough for whatever you would like to use it for in SoCal, toupees,placemats,weave it into socks whatever! :D

Time for coffee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Like hell ..canine confetti......Old Savage is to be respected and held at high esteem...I say we give him your new shotgun......after all, it didn't cost me nothing.

Back to the shotgun......looks pretty classy to me.....when was this gun made?

Wouldn't want to think about getting that stump out of the ground.....could be done by hand in about a week...---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

From what I read these guns were made in the 70s.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

First....
I see OS is "stumpin". :D

Hey Gunny, that sure is a purty shotgun. Maybe I should come down there and "see" for myself. :D

Ok Six, here is the deal.
I took a pic of the box as the saw comes from HF. It was like 30 bucks. You can see the little vise in the pic. It comes off with 2 little bolts.
The next pic is the little jig in its place on the saw. I have a 5.56 case ready to be cut. It comes from ZEP Reloading.com. It was around 30 bucks too.
I cut the case to a length of 1.360. They grow when you run it through the size die. I use RCBS small base dies. The length on a 300BO case is 1.368 +0./-.020. I trim mine to 1.357. You want to cut as close as possible so there isn't too much to trim. I don't like to go to minimum because the 300 has a short neck. Stay away from max so there isn't chamber issues. They don't grow much with firing. Some guys have trouble with different makes of brass. L.C. works great and I like consistency. Some guys also have trouble with Lee dies. They size extremely easy, even from the cut 5.56. I have a Dillon primer pocket swage and it helps a lot. I also crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp die.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

So Six, where to order the De Buyer steak fry pan - do you have Amazon? I ordered it through them for $38 + tax = $42.

Seasoning, De Buyer says heat 1 mm of oil until it starts to smoke then pour it out and let it cool then you are ready to cook. I always wipe the pans with a little oil before I do. Then melt a little butter. Vegetable oil which is soy has worked the best for me.

Then it is supposed to get ugly like this and keep changing until it gets black looking.

They say to clean it run some very hot water in it. Wipe out the bits and residue.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow....Thanx guys for the tutorials......and taking the time to explain and take pictures....I need pictures as I don't read too well.

That little cut off tool is a go......I can see lots of uses for it. I did make a nig out of oak for holding 30 cases of 223 but the band saw leaves much to be desired....leaving it very rough, even with a fine toothed blade. I'll probably make my own jig for the cases. Thanks Jay!

Now, on to Old Savage....thanks Fred for helping mom deplete the bank account.....(Only joking, I never say anything and even if I did she would tell me to buy a tent because that's where I'll be living.)
De Buyer,....

You want a laugh? Around noon ...here comes the Fed Ex driver ...I go outside to bs with Fernando, a cool dude....he hands me a big box that the new stock pot came in. While outside bs en I notice a mess of other boxes next to the garage.....that was a delivery from UPS...never knew they came in......fast forward....I carry everything in the house ...three trips.......and about a half hour later this is what it looks like.......

Must say, I do eat good......Italian women may be a little on the my-way-or-highway attitude....but they sure can cook.---6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you da buyer :) but thank God you got the Jack to be da buyer. :D

You will find the steak pan could be a weapon. You can carry it in your truck no questions asked.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I see Six is hoarding cardboard again !

No Jay I'm sorry but buffalo coats were just banned here !

Good thinking about self defense- but wouldnt the police question it when nails are welded to the bottom side?

Gotta line up an FFL tomorrow to do the transfer as well as get the funds in the mail.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

De Buyer instructions for Da Buyer :D

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks for posting that Fred.....

I had an evening that was the perfect storm for getting nothing done.........first, Gunny (the other Gunny) calls around 3 until 4:30...lots of good info....THE NATIONAL LEVERGUN CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE HELD IN PA FOR THE FIRST TIME AT RIDGWAY RIFLE CLUB.....Hurray, screw Raton, N.M. Then he tells me he had an "accident"......was going to test a Mossberg semi auto target rifle outside of his house in NC....pulls back the bolt and let's it slide forward......bamm!....shot a hole through the window of his $70,000 fifth wheel camper. He wasn't laughing but I was......he chewed me out in Drill Instructor Marine Corp fashion one time when I let loose a 44-40 at my feet at the club one time........

Then Tommy calls at 5 until 6:30 telling me about how busy the store was.....blah...blah.....blah....for an hour until I told him I need another case of Green Tag which sells for $700 a case......."oh, come on down, don't have any on the floor but I have a few cases in my office.....than it was back to his new acquisitions of some Ithaca 1911's that are new...blah..blah......I hang up the phone and 3 seconds later a former work buddy calls.....

Blah...blah...."het Jack, remember we used to smash up pallets in the warehouse...man! You were the best, I could hear th crunching on the other side of the warehouse!"........"yea Bill, I remember that real well...remember the trailers we used to gouge the sides out that were owned by truck drivers that got smart with us?"......""""oh yea, that was great, almost as good as when you snuck in a case of beer and we got drunk in the back of the warehouse."......"yea Jack, the guys are asking for ya, next week we are having a drunk fest at Buffalo Wild Wings and they want you there." "OK, I'll be there but I have to be sober"...

That lasted until a half hour ago and now I'm tired.....only have enough energy to post .....watching Fox News...I LOVE IT,,,,blitzing those ragheads with precision guided missiles.....--6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six,
I hate to tell you this... but those plastic boxes, they're for storing "leftovers"! And in my world, those sit in the fridge til I throw them away.... wasteful!
Unlike you guys, I spent the day outside, 62 degrees, felt like 50, picking up branches to stack for the bonfire tomorrow, (less than 5mph of wind forecasted). Gotta move some stuff away, as the wood pile is about 6'! Should be a doozy! Pictures to follow if I can figure the Imgur stuff out!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man Griff...not much better than a bon fire slamming down dozens of beers.

Good night---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

One of my instructors always said ' if you have guns it's only a matter of time before you have an AD ' the next sentence out of his mouth he was telling us about how he had shot a hole through the floor board of his friends new truck while coyote hunting.they returned to the house, fixed the hole and went back out that night where he had a second AD putting another hole in the floor of the same truck!
One of the guys in the dorm was dry firing an M1 Garand, somehow a live round was chambered and an 06 goes off. Dorm room is 10x12, concrete block construction. Nobody was hurt except for the guys ears- probably still ringing! Well he hung a poster over the divot until he could patch the wall. He did an exceptional job of fixing it!

Ah well, raining here, no birds today. I have to get funds in the mail and go see the local FFL !

And now COFFEE :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well the blue book does not give much info, the Mauser marked shotguns were imported by Bauer in Michigan. No dates, no descriptions of any value other than single shot, SxS and 3 different O/U. I suspect this is a higher grade...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I went and saw my local license holder, he said they will email the copy. Got the money orders in the mail. Now we wait....
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

YOU get aaaallllllll of the neat stuff. In fact, everyone here except me gets lots of neat stuff....Old Savage gets the neat stuff AND the soft stuff. Even Jay has lots of stuff in the dooryard. Yea....exciting getting a new untried gun.....the only problem is the older you get and the more guns you have the time of the "excitement" gets shorter and shorter......

Never heard of a Mauser shotgun......know little on non Americana.

On a serious note , it's never a AD, it's a ND.....I've had 5 that I can think of and everyone could have been prevented. Luckily, I had enough sense to pull the trigger when the gun was up or down....which incidently tells me that I was thinking I was dry firing.

Pure laziness in not checking the chamber...

Rain...rain...rain.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep rain and FOG! Although more fog now, really dont feel like doing anything except watching reruns of Dirty Jobs and that is exactly what I'm doing.
Really should get changed and go try to shoot a couple coyotes but naw its wet outside.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, my method of seasoning on the right, De Buyer's on the left. Information here for your wonderful wife. Both work.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:34 pm Six, my method of seasoning on the right, De Buyer's on the left. Information here for your wonderful wife. Both work.
I would like to inform you that my wife is not always "wonderful". She got up today and read me the riot act on everything, from being too hot in the house, my coffee mug wasn't picked up, "what the hell are all those guns doing laying around?", my boots have mud on them, "what are you gonna do today, play with your guns and go down to Targetmaster?" On and on...it didn't stop for hours......so I grabbed some hidden cash and went down to Targetmaster, bought some various .22 ammo, came home and tested them out back until it got dark......we ain't talkin' and I probably won't eat.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 pm Yep rain and FOG! Although more fog now, really dont feel like doing anything except watching reruns of Dirty Jobs and that is exactly what I'm doing.
Really should get changed and go try to shoot a couple coyotes but naw its wet outside.
Wanted to get your attention with this notification......I was down Targetmaster and I don't know if you remember but when we were at the gun auction last month my bud bought these inserts for shooting sub gauges.....he had them out in the display case for $1200 and that was cheap for the research he did on them......and no bites....don't think anyone knows what they are.....they are for a Browning shotgun ....I think an over and under.....20 ga., 28 ga...and .410. They are in a real nice hard case....today he dropped the price to $595 for all of them.....the tag on them says "Briley"....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup, Briley is probably the best! These tubes are fit to each barrel, fixed choke or choke tubes.
I was going to get a pair of 28 tubes for my Perazzi, $700 from Briley, they have to have the barrels- not real keen on sending $3000 barrels through the mail !!
So I spent another $800 and got a whole gun and 2 other gauges to boot !
Skeet isn't really popular north of the Mason Dixon . If he was to list the tubes on one of the auction sights he would probably move them.

Six you better smooth things over with your WONDERFUL WIFE , you might go hungry!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK, they have to be fitted...that's why no one is buying them. At the auction there were two Belgium superposed over and unders...the tubes were probably for one of them....

The best females in my life have been Miss Suzy, Miss Skittles and Miss Apple.....they eat ...or ate....the same food everyday, never complain, always happy, let me buy guns and go shooting.................
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now Jackster. Sounds like you got a good one. Somebody has to ride herd and maintain order on the home front. God knows what the place would look like otherwise. No mystery to me that the character I have had to moderate far more than anyone else on this board should need some correction at the rancho. Drive a forklift through a trailer etc. You would be surprised what people have admitted to here

Now on to carbon steel cookery. Here is the first go at fried potatoes and New York steak. Mrs. Jack is going to enjoy going at this ... good for you 😁

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Man...that looks good Fred....sure wish I lived closer..I'd be over there watching the big screen, with a tall drink in my hand, hollering, "Fred, is it ready yet? Bring it in and don't forget the hot sauce. :D

Yep,,,,,I do need correcting ALL the time.....never did grow up......it reminds me of of Donald Trump at one of his rally's, he said, "oh! You want me to act presidential?" He pulls out some pretend papers and lowers his voice and talks slow, acting like he cares. :D that was funny....

Oh! You want me to act old? Naaaaaaa..... .... having too good of a time being 18......who gives a rats butt, life is short...party on dude!

Over the course of the last several days I tested out 6 .22 rifles....all shot good...two shot GREAT....the Low Wall and the model 63 semi auto carbine made in 1933 ..... but that trigger on the 63 is 4.5 pounds and it looks like you have to be a mechanical genius to get to the innards......all kinds of springs...slave pins will be needed...might try it tomorrow.....just a light stoning and polishing....maybe a coil off the hammer spring.......no cutting of metal....I'd be happy with 3-3.5
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six, get back on the boss's good side. Believe me, I wish I could. The only time I straighten up is when company comes over. If they show up unexpected, they don't get invited I side. Yes, Rickey, that was straightened up!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wow it's blowing here this morning! Jack you better not burn stumps today.

You better take Mom out for brunch, lunch or more likely dinner! Ya know to smooth things over. Ya always have to remember to keep the cook happy. I believe it was the movie Monte Walsh where the chuck wagon cook never bathed and the cowboys finally dragged him off for a bath, next day they were all running for the outhouse!

Taking Claro the wonder dog out to play tag with the pheasants today. Didn't stock yesterday so we have 24 chickens to put out today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

SCORE !!
Picked up 250 rounds of Remington light target loads, 250 Remington heavy target loads, 100 Winchester super handicap , 150 reloads, a 4# can of 700x, about 2# of red dot and a MEC 9000 for $150 today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny is smooooookin'! Lots of goodies to keep happiness for at least a month. $150???? THATS how you do it...highway robbery! Well done.......

Griff....we all know NOBODY gets along more than a couple of weeks without aggravation......brunch? Naaaaaa....we are both homebodies......after I retired we went out almost every night.....and not cheapie either.....usually $50-75..after drinks. :D I know I spent 10 grand in a year or a year and a half and the bottom line is this...the money is gone, the food went to the same place (toilet) that the home food went to.......it was a learning experience...had a good time.....done, except for once every two weeks or so........screw the house cleaning...we keep things "decently clean", not hospital clean. People who keep their house hospital clean spend all of their time cleaning....and that ain't easy with dogs and cats running all over and using wood to heat. Besides, we don't live in a condo......in addition to the house we have 4+ acres, fences, outside buildings, Jeeps, tractor, and 15 other gasoline powered items to maintain.

Well, I'm happy to announce the three stumps along the driveway are OUTTA here.....before and after pics, taken from opposite angles. All done by hand ...axes, chainsaws, maddocks, , picks and a bit of pulling help from the mighty Kubota.

The finished product......now we have to wait for spring and the grass to grow

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Separate post for a separate job to do.......I have four stumps left and these are on the opposite side of the yard and mostly, do not deter from the looks of the yard. The ones going next to the driveway bugged the hell out of me.

This is the next one to go.

After the tornado...there's 3 tress in this mess.

Taken ten minutes ago......first, I'm gonna saw off the wood that I can and use that wood for burning the rest of it. This is going to be a 3-5 days job, working on and off.......that's my sister in laws fence next to it...let's hope the wind burns away from the fence. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Quite the job there Six. You have been workin'. I am impressed.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Man you have earned every callus, splinter, blister & bruise on those stumps! I sure hope you dont set that fence on fire! That might cause some issues.

Yeah I never find deals like that, this was the same guy that gave me 100lbs of Lawrence magnum shot a couple weeks ago.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! That's a pile of work buddy.

I got one stump on my front lawn from the big maple we cut last summer. That sucker is still there.
I'm a lazy bum. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

talk about a nasty bugger.....got in at 7:30.......i dug out around the stump with the Kubota and have a pile of dirt 5' high.....managed to get the big part out but the smaller part, closer to the ground ain't budging so I set it on fire. There are actually two trees together...two stumps.....will see tomorrow ...hope the fire reaches the roots.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What is this white stuff on the ground!? Not much, maybe an inch deep.

Fricking stink bugs! One decided to take up residence in my sweatpants pocket, just found it and out the door into the snow- take that you Chinese invader!

well finish the moulding today, then back to the leaky greenhouse. Not sure we will be able to get on that metal roof with the snow last night.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:43 am What is this white stuff on the ground!?
Spermatozoa...I got excited. :D You talking about the last picture? I think it's just reflection from the sun on wood that the bark came off of.

Well, I'm up....little late today 11:30...gonna go fire up the Kubota and get to work......rain expected and right now the ground is dry so it's ooooooofffffffffff to work I go and wouldn't you like to know, that I can go very low, and whatever rhymes with "Low".--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No not in your pics, we got snow last night. Maybe an inch or so.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Whew! What a job....I must have axed out 50 roots.....would have been easier if I had real heavy machinery.

Yesterday

Today

Yea..that's one stump...there were actually four stumps...or so it seemed....there was two trunks.

Funny thing...after everything was done and cleaned up, I went to start Ole Yeller to take the stump out to the pasture and Ole Yeller wouldn't start......starting fluid made it run for a few seconds...I think it's outta gas! Gas gauge don't work.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good job. What a battle.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 pm Good job. What a battle.
Thanks Fred.....TWO battles were won....the stump and me and mom are happily talking. She made her classic rigatoni with the secret sauce.....

Looks like Ole Yeller is gonna be a lawn ornament for a while. Jay says cars are common lawn ornaments up there in Maine...and some even have sale signs on em.---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

It was 9 PM and I was getting ready for Hannity after a long day of stumpin'......oooohhhh nnnooooooooo, the Bachelor is on!!!

(I really don't care what's on TV) so....I'm thinking about 'Ole Yeller" out in the dooryard all alone, in the dark, out of gas, (I think) No big deal, I don't have to work tomorrow..........started feeling pretty low of myself, in the house, full belly, all warm and toasty and 'Ole Yeller out in the cold...........just couldn't take it anymore...got dressed, out to the garage, got a hose and walked the hundred yards out to Ole Yeller.....stuck the hose in the gas tank and sucked..air....moved the hose as far as I could and air......

Get two five gallon jugs and oooffffff to the WaWa....five gallons of 93 octane and five gallons of diesel for the mighty Kubota....

Get home and fill up Ole Yeller with gas.......pour a bit in the carb....turn the key.....va va va vooooooommmmm! Ole Yeller thanked me...A LOT! Word is a guy is roaming the local streets with a huge buffalo coat on...big enough to hide a Jeep. Pulled her up next to the garage with the stumps......take her out back tomorrow.....

OK...what's going on?-----Gunny?.....oh heck, he's been in bed for two hours......--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! Good to see the old gal in action!
I KNEW you were too good a man to leave that poor thing sitting out there all night alone.
Good for you buddy! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes I was in bed 3 hours, asleep for 2 while you guys were gallivanting!

Email last night, both funds and FFL arrived yesterday! Gun will be shipped today!

Thanks for alerting us to that guy sneaking around in the buffalo coat! I have employed a bunch of guys that wear coveralls made of wolf to keep the buffalo population in check :lol:

Good news! The greenhouse seems to be dry! We finished the trim job yesterday, waiting for the plumber today, then we have a few odds & ends to do.

Glad you got Ol Yeller rolling again, Jeeps sure are handy. When I had my 88 I was helping a buddy by skidding trees with it from the end of his property to his wood yard by the house. But then again I've been know to skid trees with a lawn tractor and quad too. I hung a big oak once, I cut & cussed but that tree refused to give up. So I get my '01 Cummins powered skidder out back, chain around the trunk and grab 4LO and the creeper gear, pulled the tree down and all the way out to my woodshed.

Oh well time for coffee !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I remember hearing a song that mentioned putting a CJ5 into granny Lo.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, this has been quite a show,; you get hit by a tornado and other weather wreaking havoc out of the blue all around you and you swing into action with equipment and tools and clear the debris and straighten everything out in the dead of winter while I just sit here and protect you from Russian dating sites, video games and outfits selling false ID, quite the contrast. ;-)

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Fred...that's what life is all about..."action".......some people are happy doing nothing and looking at the outside thermometer is their highlight of the day.....I need to do things.......my grandfather broke his hip at 89 because he felt the apple tree needed trimming.....I think they call that "adult ADD" or something like dat. I call it bad nerves and have to keep moving.

Yep Piller.......low range 4 wd is on the transfer side case of "Ole Yeller"...same as the Kubota......the motor screams but only goes 2 mph.

Well....Jay is "back in town". Yea, got to keep Ole Yeller in good shape, as I know you'd be bustin' on me if I let it rot away.

I see Gunny is up...probably has been since about two hours after I went to bed...2:20.....these vitamin B complex pills are giving me too much energy.

Gotta unload the trailer...I hear an inch of snow today.---6