Go Navy, beat Army

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Go Navy, beat Army

Post by wm »

Over the years I have lost a great deal of enthusiasm for Football. Pro, college, and high school for a variety of reasons but mostly injuries, money and the loss of sportsmanship and class.

But the Army Navy games are different. A rivalry with genuine respect and coming together. In a twisted way I now watch that game to remind me of why the other games are not what I value.

Wm
JimT
Shootist

Re: Go Navy, beat Army

Post by JimT »

I didn't realize they were into soccer!
That's great. I miss the football games from when we were in Africa!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Go Navy.

watch baseball, it has the best ambient noise to offset tinnitus. I turn the tv sound off and listen to the radio when I can, which has a shorter delay than the tv. that way I don't have to listen to the preening tv talkers moaning about how Loooong the game is. they are so young that they don't get that this is the point of baseball, to stretch the community time out until it becomes good therapy. plus the drama increases with the time. this all seems to be lost on almost everyone these days. aaaaargh
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Grizz wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:12 pm Go Navy.

watch baseball, it has the best ambient noise to offset tinnitus. I turn the tv sound off and listen to the radio when I can, which has a shorter delay than the tv. that way I don't have to listen to the preening tv talkers moaning about how Loooong the game is. they are so young that they don't get that this is the point of baseball, to stretch the community time out until it becomes good therapy. plus the drama increases with the time. this all seems to be lost on almost everyone these days. aaaaargh
Baseball is and remains my first love. I still dream about playing the game. I loved being a catcher, calling a game, being mentally & physically challenged, playing hurt. The best sleep I get is after I dream about playing, (pitch by pitch I play the whole game), and I wake up. Then I fall back in to the deepest, most satisfying sleep.

Heaven means a little something different to each of us, but I hope in heaven I can play baseball again.

Coaching my sons for over decade of playing has bonded us together in a awesome way. We really are more then father son brother …… we are best friends. I think I owe baseball for helping forge a closer bond with my children.

Wm

P.S. Its strange as ambivalent as I am about the popular aspects (i.e. money, winning & losing, preening) of sports, I feel strongly about the character building aspects of youth sports, committing to being part of something bigger then yourself.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

wm wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:21 pm I feel strongly about the character building aspects of youth sports, committing to being part of something bigger then yourself.
I felt that when I was in the military. Big things were happening and I was part of the team.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

GO NAVY!
I was in the Navy and my son is a lifer.
Rooted for army as my Dad was in it in WW II.
Best to both crews.

Joe
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

WM I feel like you about baseball, it was and is my favorite. Sports are great for kids, I believe in it for many reasons. I have volunteered for the local park committee for 7 years, to promote baseball, soccer and rodeo for area youth. We also provide fund raisers for the American Legion.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

3 generations of Navy, I'd dare not root for anyone else! But, I,do find hard to get really enthused over it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

IMHO it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. 1 penalty in the entire first half, I thought that showed a lot of discipline. Then watching President Trump sit with one side for the first half, then get up and walk across the field to sit with the other team for the second half showed a lot of class.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Then watching President Trump sit with one side for the first half, then get up and walk across the field to sit with the other team for the second half showed a lot of class.
It's why the demoncrats hate him. The President has Class, the demons have none. Zero. Zip. Nada.