Browning Lightening BLR 30-06

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cribbs
Levergunner

Browning Lightening BLR 30-06

Post by cribbs »

:?: My gun fell and landed on the font scope ring on a stair step and took a real shock. I have replaced the scope and it shoots very well. The issue I have now is the bolt is not pushing the hammer back to the last lock down position and riding on the hammer all the way back when bringing a shell in to the chamber, grinding on the bottom bolt notches. Or is this normal it seems like the bolt is then riding too high. The gun was cleaned last fall but maybe some rust got in there? If you treat the gun roughly when loading and ejecting it works but if you treat it normally and smooth it is terrible and wont eject if you are bringing a live shell out of the barrel. Any help on would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning Lightening BLR 30-06

Post by M. M. Wright »

Could you video the gun doing what you described? Post it on Utube maybe? Is the hammer riding on the gear teeth on the bottom of the bolt? As far as ejecting a live round, does it seem the cartridge is too long to exit the ejection port? Most levers work best when levered with authority. It does sound as if your gun did suffer some sort of damage but I can't imagine what. Was the gun disassembled for cleaning? Was the bolt removed and the gears? It's really tough to get the gears re-timed correctly if it was apart. Tough as in almost impossible.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
cribbs
Levergunner

Post by cribbs »

Attn: MM Wright - And thank you for now

The gun was not disassembled at all for cleaning
The bolt gear teeth ride on the hammer when the hammer is not down in the last lock position
It does seem that the live cartridge is too long

I can video this issue in the future when my son visits the farm from his employment in Winnipeg

Cribbs
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I recommend you never take it apart because of the difficulty in getting it back in time. that first inch or so of the bolt should cock that hammer so it doesn't drag those teeth. You may have to send it to Browning service center in MO. There are 7 BLRs here right now 'and I think 6 that I have given my Grandsons. I have had a couple apart and believe me you don't want to.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS