The new Bisley's a keeper!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

The new Bisley's a keeper!

Post by 2ndovc »

Didn't get a chance to shoot the .45 ACP cylinder. With the Power base pin I have to take the ejector rod and housing off to change out the cylinders because of the 3 3/4" barrel. The guy I bought it from just sent me the original base pin. It may just end up back in the revolver.

Anyway, Had time to shoot a box of PMC factory "Cowboy" type loads and a box of handloads with 6.2 grains of Titegroup..
Pretty pleased for the first time out. I was only shooting at 15 yds. This indoor range is not well lit and I had the wrong glasses but you can see it
shoots pretty good. I also forgot to take a small screw driver along. Previous owner had the rear sight run way up and shooting about 8" high at that range.
Not a big fan f their targets, but I forgot those too. :roll:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: The new Bisley's a keeper!

Post by wm »

Very nice indeed. A little fine tuning and I think you can call it good to go.

Very handy sized firearm you have there.

Wm
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Very nice! I like Bisleys, but have never fired one. How do you like the grip compared to the standard SAA type grips when shooting?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bisley grip/frames are awesome - they make the single-actions really shootable, across all the range of power and recoil.

....and those Maple ones look GREAT as well - where did you get them...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Nice gun and good shooting! That would be a good deer gun.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

claybob86 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 pm Very nice! I like Bisleys, but have never fired one. How do you like the grip compared to the standard SAA type grips when shooting?
For me, I like they size of the grip, fits my hand well and seems to have a bit more control with heavy loads. I have two Super Blackhawks, one Old model and one of the new ones with the smaller grip frame. The Old Model fits me perfectly, even with the heaviest loads while I tend to shoot .44 Spls in the New Model because that short grip really digs into my hand. The fella I bought the Bisley from said it was too big for him and he's since bought one with a birds head grip.

Doc,
The grips came from a guy on Ebay, goes by Arizona grip co. they came with the Bisley. I ordered a set for my stainless SBH but ended up with a set for an Old Model SBH. Decided to keep them, they look good on the Bowen. Have to order another set for the New Model. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Great looking pistol, kinda weird tho to not see a non-zombie target! When regular pin is back in will you be able to switch cylinders easily?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I love those Bisley grips. I personally need a little more barrel though. I'd love to have a .357 with a 5.5".
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For me, Bisley grip frames change the angle of the grip enough to make it easier to shoot accurately.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Leadhound
Levergunner

Post by Leadhound »

claybob86 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 pm Very nice! I like Bisleys, but have never fired one. How do you like the grip compared to the standard SAA type grips when shooting?
I was in the same boat at one time, finally just bought one to try it out. Everyone as different tastes so it's kind of hard to take somebody's word. Saying that I enjoy it because my pinky isn't dangling, then I also discovered the Super Blackhawk, full length grip as well. Too bad Ruger never made it in 45, have had to convert a few. But for low and standard recoil and quick shots I like the standard grip with thinner panels. For target or hunting, slow fire type, I enjoy the Bisley. It also helps with controlling during recoil, but I also think the super Blackhawk does that too, some guys hate the square trigger guard, I haven't had that problem yet. But I never have gotten hammer bite from a 1911 with a spur hammer either?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

handsome looking ruger
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS