General Electric and NAZI Rockets.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

General Electric and NAZI Rockets.....

Post by AJMD429 »

I never knew about this going on after WW2, although I'd heard there were lots of defections.

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2019/11 ... fter-wwii/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: General Electric and NAZI Rockets.....

Post by wm »

Project paper clip brought a lot of scientist to America …… some have even speculated there was a certain understanding that some companies would or did give economic considerations in contracts to US government in exchange for steering certain scientist to certain companies.

My father was a chemical engineer for Dow Chemical in Midland, Mi (corporate HQ) and worked in aspirin plant and on jet fuel additives. Dow employed several research chemist from Germany, Austria, Romania, Hungary, & Poland who came here post WW2. All seemed to my father to be genuinely grateful for a 'second chance' here. The alternative being in their home country as it struggled to rebuild or worse in a Russian labor facility where many had seen colleagues or even family end up.

I suppose the spoils of war have always include intellectual properties as well.

Wm

P.S. For decades Dow was one of the leading producers of Aspirin in the world, their main competition was Bayer …… a German company. And Dow family had a long history of economic war with the German chemical industry going back to 1900.
The company history is quite interesting.
Last edited by wm on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

wm wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 pm Project paper clip brought a lot of scientist to America …… some have even speculated there was a certain understanding that some companies would or did give economic considerations in contracts to US government in exchange for steering certain scientist to certain companies.

My father was a chemical engineer for Dow Chemical in Midland, Mi (corporate HQ) and worked in aspirin plant and on jet fuel additives. Dow employed several research chemist from Germany, Austria, Romania, Hungary, & Poland who came here post WW2. All seemed to my father to be genuinely grateful for a 'second chance' here. The alternative being in their home country as it struggled to rebuild or worse in a Russian labor facility where many had seen colleagues or even family end up.

I suppose the spoils of war have always include intellectual properties as well.

Wm
WM -

I'll be celebrating my 32nd anniversary with Dow on 1/18/2020. Small world!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:20 pm
wm wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 pm Project paper clip brought a lot of scientist to America …… some have even speculated there was a certain understanding that some companies would or did give economic considerations in contracts to US government in exchange for steering certain scientist to certain companies.

Wm
WM -

I'll be celebrating my 32nd anniversary with Dow on 1/18/2020. Small world!
You're right!
My 32nd for GE is the first of April 2020.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.