The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

Why, that's a primo 1873 in .22 rimfire. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I won! I won!
Now I know what mom meant. She used to shake her head and say, "Boy, you're a real winner." :D

Now.......since I tagged the 73, AND won pg.20, Six has to send it to me as a prize!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

And the winner is .... JAY OLDWIN ( the 73 is OLD and a WINCHESTER) so of course you win it!! :lol:

Wow and wow- that 73 is an absolute gem! Great case colors, wood look factory fresh. That was a heck of a find, good for ya Jack!

I've never seen EEZOX, exactly what is it? Lubricant? Nitro solvent? Protectant? All of the above?

Set 2 traps yesterday, one on each side of the freshly dug tunnel in the sand I dumped. Sure enough about 2 hours later I got one of the little rat bazztards! Parker is invaluable at trapping, I just tell her 'go check traps' and she runs to my trap line and if we got something she barks... But then again she barks at deer, neighbors, squirrels...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny yes the Mrs was fine from the wreck but she is hacked off right now. I have been telling her for over a year she needs ONE decent vehicle not two POJ. Well she put the $2300 in the Scion then totaled itgetting leas than $700 for it. Then she was complaining about the brakes on her pickup I said make do until Ibget home( that truck has always had a brake issue since she and the boy bought it while I was away at deer camp 3years ago)
Nope she sent it to the shop well they put hoses calipers rotors and pads all the way around for $1461.00
So she now has $4000 in repairs and only one running vehicle. But once again I am just a man and know nothing.
When I am up here hunting in archery I will let deer walk unless they are a monster. I prefer killing a deer with a rifle as it is usually quicker but if I see a slammer well then.
The guy that owns the property shot a decent 8 but we jumped it twice and it was bleeding pretty good so decided to leave it overnight and find it in the morning. We found it alright several hours after a black bear had because we have paw prints and a half a deer. Hmmm.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I hear ya on the used vehicles! I've had 2 used in my life, no sorry 3! 2 jeeps and a chevy . The chevy was my first truck, 1981 with a 296 and 3 on a tree. This truck had gremlins! Be going down the road , look at the dash and the temperature was pegged in the red! Hmm middle of winter and it's not boiling over? Changed the sensor, thermostat, then the gauge, then the radiator and it still " overheated"!!! Only time ya knew how much gas was in it was shut off and sitting still & level as the needle would bounce from E to F and back going down the road.
Actually a sharp broadhead is faster to kill than a bullet provided it takes out major blood vessels. Why? A bullet crushes/tears but those sharp blades make a clean cut and the vessels cant stop the flow by clotting. But you should know that since you are a nurse. But head shooting them sure dont work with a bow as well as a bullet, my preferred shot!

Well Sixgun are you enjoying being back in the 21st century? Gotta love walking to the wall and flipping that little thingy on the wall and the world lights up! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ya know something??? You guys are NUTS!!!!! I'm leaving this stupid Gun Room B.S.!!! CANNOT BELEIVE that you guys feel because if your first on a page, you get to keep someone else's stuff as some stupid prize. ABSURD!

Well, on to business.......the gun is not mine. It belongs to my buddy at the gunshop.

Ya see how people work? First, he butters me up with prizes then needs help.....the rifle was obviously restored by Doug Turnbull but the leaf spring that controls the final closing of the lever is not working. I had it apart and decided I'll fool with it when I have less on my mind.

EEZOX is THE BEST by FAR of all synthetic lubricants. A Smith and Wesson armorer turned me on to it. He says the lubricant penetrates into the steel, then after leaving it on for a few minutes, wipe it off. It's not a dry lubricant but somewhat dries. This stuff is expensive...a little 4 oz spray can sells for like $9 while a bigger spray can sells for $22. This quart is a lifetime supply and probably sells for close to $50.

Well....got to get my Donald Trump shirt and my MAGA hat on and head to the polls ......200 yards away---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah well somebody has to give stuff away and since I was up first I figured why not.
I had a sneaking suspicion it was restored. What caliber is it?
I justed voted so I beat ya to that too :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

.22 Short......yea....9 pound rifle shooting a 29 gr. Bullet 1000 fps.....recoil must be terrible....after I fix it I'll shoot it some before returning it.

Yep...voted....my Donald Trump shirt on and my MAGA hat.....I felt a little alone ......place was full of weak looking people and pimple faced kids....far away from what I used to see....tough looking farmers and working class folk.

The next idiot who sees me out front and decides to stop over is gonna get the sound of a chain saw during their information gathering.----6
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Well six you could always give these new page guys one of your stumps, that should satisfy them for the next 10 pages or so.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, all on the east coast should show up for a one week work party where they will live in a tent city and cook over open fires.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now hold on a minute. When YOU won, or was giving away someone elses stuff as "prizes", it was all good. :D
Sure! Now cause it's me.......finally.......now it goes too far
Well, ok. I relinquish my title. I will have to get by with the old junk I have. :D
Turnbull or not, that 73 is purty. Too bad it weren't a 38 though. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

harry wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:24 pm Well six you could always give these new page guys one of your stumps, that should satisfy them for the next 10 pages or so.
Harry.... your a creative guy! A SUPER GREAT IDEA!

Ok, here's the plan...Jay..you get the first one....Old Savage gets the one on the right, towards the road and Gunny gets the one on the left. There's still eight more left so I'll save them for future winners.

And because JAY, WHO INCIDENTLY WINS A PAGE WITH THE NUMBER 20 gets an additional prize......he gets.....he gets.....he gets..........ALL THE BRANCHES TOO! I tell ya, Jays a great guy and deserves a little extra.

I feel Harry deserves a prize just for recommending the stumps. Thanks Harry! You get what's left of my $300 ladder. I was standing on it waaaayyy up there and when the branch fell that I was cutting, it fell on the bottom of the ladder. Yea...had to hold on for dear life.

Gunny gets his pick of the logs from my logging operation. (I'll take better pics tomorrow when the sun comes up)

Old Savage gets these babies.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yowser, I have what, locust that appears to be bifurcated to go with my walnut and trailer? ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred...you got to stop using big words that rednecks like me don't have a clue what it means....bifurcated.....had to look it up. :D

Hey...went to see Dr. John this morning (10:30 ).........this guy is good...never told him where it hurts....lower right side, next to the spine.....he had me lay on my left side with left leg extended, right leg bent. Left arm straight out. He put his leg on my leg, can't remember the rest of what he did.....anyway, twisted my head, told me to relax and crraaaaccckkkkkk...about 20 pops....felt brand new when I walked out of there......but managed to screw it up pretty good today.....

Every two weeks I go. Insurance ran out as I'm only allowed 8 visits a year........he charges me half price which I pay by cash...did I tell you he's a great guy? Thanks to you encouraging me I owe it to you Fred. Thanks! ---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

;-) the idea is to keep you operational.

Here is one I keep operational.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

O.S....you keep HER operational? Lucky guy...looks like TWO lucky guys...the dude behind her looks to be mighty happy also.

Getting cold here...just went to bed and the dog is UNDER the bed spread. ---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I keep him operational too ;-)

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

A good chiropractor is a real joy.

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I don't necessarily need a stump but I like the one in the center more :D !
Yes a good chiropractor is a great find.
Ugh this time change sucks! I still wake up at the same time, daylight savings is 5-5:15, now my eyes open at 4-4:15. Sure wish this would stop being a thing. Just change the time 30 minutes and leave it alone already!

Well nothing in the traps this morning. I'm being pushed off the couch- come on girls give me some room! Oh well time for coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Looks like lots of things get "operational" in California. Whew, she's a a real deal hottie! Once again, everything appears to be one big party on the left coast...I'd like to know how anything gets done...as to w.o.r.k..

Yea...the dogs kick us off the couch too. They have a way of destroying furniture......

I need a break but cannot do it mentally......gotta keep at it until it's done.----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, they are doing a commercial for their auto dealership. They are on TV here everyday. Great people.

https://youtu.be/cgVovXPZHL0

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Geeeeeeezzzee.......even the commercials are full of sex....here, the car dealerships have women but are buttoned up....conservative clothing down to the knees......all with "zero down" emphasis as to dollars.......

I'm still wondering how anything gets done. :D ---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, the gardners, pool guy and maintenance people take care of stuff here and the security people do seven patrols a day.. But that is one of their more " buttoned" up versions and she is half owner.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six you neglected to mention that the car dealership radio commercials are the most annoying- all they do is YELL obnoxiously!
That's why the lefty's want to have open boarders- then someone will actually do some work... someone has to pick the veggies! :D

Here is another hood ornament
20191106_100603-800x600.jpg
And last but not least-
The start of Catshooter's silverware divider!
20191106_132408-600x800.jpg
20191106_132413-600x800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Stumps.......trapping........car dealer hotties. I must live on a different planet.
I got a big maple stump on my front lawn from the tree I cut this summer. The stump is still in the ground. Use it as a Jeep obstacle.
Only adds we have are for used car dealers on somebody's front lawn. The only "hotties" there will pick up the front end so you can change a tire. :D
Oh! My old man did do some trappin on his lawn. Came back from the range and saw this.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey that stump makes an oil change a lot easier too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Hey Gunny, that looks great! Your mould & handles went out in yesterdays mail, so thanks! Were you able to find maple?

Cat
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, been to rural Maine a few times. Yeah, I would say it is close to a different planet from SoCal.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 pm OW, been to rural Maine a few times. Yeah, I would say it is close to a different planet from SoCal.
Haha yeah! I forgot you'd been here.......so you know. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Maine, life in the slow lane was a shirt I had once. Was a picture of a moose in a hammock on it.

Yes sir its maple, just took the drawer out of the clamps. Tomorrow I'll start making the inserts.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well....Jay had me and mom laughing so hard I messed myself......the car commercials with used cars on a front lawn. :D the squirrel in a trap hanging from a tree......the Jeep on a stump so you can change the oil. :D I needed that laugh..thanks Jay!

Did you guys see those car commercials from California......Lordy, did I cream the jeans. Old Savage must walk around with a woodie ....never did I see things like that. On the other end of the spectrum I guess the heavyweight sales gals in Maine would be smiling with summer teeth. Here, they are just normal.

The Gunny with his craftsmanship......mine would look like I did it with a chain saw. Speaking of chainsaws, I went through two battery charges on the Ego and three tanks of gas on the Stihl and look what I have to do..(below)

The insurance people are coming over tomorrow so after they leave I can start burning and cleaning up.

My son is bore azzing me something terrible to buy one of those machine guns or like he says, "just buy the auto sear". Yea, just buy it, it's only $20,000! For real,,,,been thinking on the Ruger machine gun...can get it for about what Jay can pick up a used car on the front lawn for.....just thinking....dang things are NIB.

Here.....you guys just pick out which ones you want and I'll stuff em in a flat rate box.---6

This is a real flag..not one that's picked off the Internet. :D (what a loser) :D

If Jay can post pics of his Jeep...so can I!!! 'Ooooollllleeeeee Yeller

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I like your license plate!

Hmm I need a couple other views of the log pile, cant make up my mind! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I'll take the lumber Gunny is prepping up for me . . . :)

Cat
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny....your always making me work....hers a few more from different angles. :D by the way, there's no pine in the pics and there's just as much of that as there is locust and maple....I'm burning ALL of the pine.

Here's a pic of my daily driver...in ten more years it will be an antique.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wow that's a lot more wood than I imagined!
Hey that's the Jeep I want except a hard top. Red is my color- wait i thought you had an orange Rubicon...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, I am sure OW will back me on this. The first is the kind of wild eyed, Jeep on a stump at the lake celebration that is typical of Mainer/Maniac BBQ.

The second is after I have a few minutes with the women and some libation at the same event.

Six, you remember the pics from the Las Vegas wedding ... ;-)

My apologies to GunnyMan.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes OS!
Now, the proof is in the details! I zeroed in best I could, and it appears that one of those beer cans is a Natty Light. This is THE official red neck cheap azzed beer of Maine. The other is a Miller Lite, a high brow version, or red neck "puttin on airs". :D
Awesome pics, OS. Thanks.

Six,
Glad you guys got a laugh. You should have seen the video.
I drove it up there to snap a pic of my new skid pan so I didn't disconnect the sway bar. I wanted it to lift a wheel, not flex. Anyway, my buddy next door comes over to watch. I drove it up there and all was good. I got out to snap the pic and when I did...... I guess I provided just enough balast.......the Jeep starts to roll over. :shock:
I grabbed it by the tub and held it down. I had to have my buddy hold it down while I took the pic. You can see him in the picture.
Just another day in these parts. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh, and Six, nice pic of the Jeeps. You gotta get to wrenchin' on that YJ, dude! And hey, bring that Rubi up for a trail ride sometime. The club even has a "Jeeps and Guns" ride every fall. Pretty cool. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So what you are saying Jay is 'here hold my beer' ?
One of my college buddies had a '76 Land Cruiser and as he got more Olympia into his system the more he would put the Cruiser through its paces! I had a silage pit next to the house, 10' high walls and he be down there trying to get it to climb vertically. Or the time we are up in the mountains, get up to the top of a 14,000'er and he has no brakes and wants to try to keep going up a goat trail. Oh good times! By the way that last little bit of mountain I had to k turn since I couldn't get through the shale slide- one wheel wonder rear diff- never again! Anyhow here I am k turning with the door open, 4 LO and clutching with 1 foot as I had one leg out the door ready to jump- why? Cuz out the left side was a shear cliff and a drop of about 7,000'!
Oh and my buddy finally did roll the Cruiser, on an elk hunt and he was sober!

Coffee is ready!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. Don't even have beer as an excuse. Just that stupid.
No beer around or in the Jeep. I am bad enough sober. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Man!...you guys get to have all the fun.....even OS......those old pictures are neat.......the one guy in the first picture with the Metallica shirt on looks like a rocket scientist......then Os looks like his group is getting ready for a "throuple" or possibly a quadruple.

I still have lots of ag here....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I was going to start this post by reminding everyone of the old Army commercial-
I get more done by 9am than Sixgun does all day but he is up to his alligators in people... or sumthin like that! Go easy bud! Take a breath !! What's up now?

I was productive this morning! Catshooter's inner dividers are made,
20191107_101012-800x600.jpg
However your drawer is slightly less deep so the 3rd skinny divider is being deleted from this build.
20191107_101023-600x800.jpg
As you can see by the time I made this one you would hardly get tooth picks in here!

Now to start glueing!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gotta say mr.murphy reared his ugly head during the glue up!! Got 8 corners all spread with glue, started putting it together and I break 1 piece!! Now its people & elbows to make a replacement before the glue is too far along or the whole thing is toast! In a matter of maybe 10 minutes I cut a new piece of 1x8, rip it for width , resaw at the bandsaw, slip it into the planer, cut the finger joints and round over the top edge then cut a dado , glue and assemble it- WHEW!! Glue was just getting tacky.
Tomorrow is finish day- then to find a box to ship it in, gotta try to make it mailcarrier/ ups monkey proof for its trip to SoDak.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, looking at the cans I see the sour looking bald guy is Diet Pepsi.

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Gunny,

That looks awesome man, I like it!

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The mailman left me a package today!! Oh goodie goodie- put the handles on, fire up the pot and here is what comes outta the mould-
20191107_164147-600x800.jpg
Sure hope those fins stabilize them! :lol:

Glad you are happy so far!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

The drawer looks nice Gunny....what kind of wood is it? Curious....what will Cat put the drawer in...I ain't been paying attention to the posts...got other stuff to think about.....I take it the drawer is going in a cabinet and is replacing an old one.

You want me to save you some of this locust before I saw it up? I managed to get around 10-12 nice straight logs for fence posts..skinny ones..maybe 4-6"....they last forever.

I got more ag around here than Carter has liver pills.....you ever try to burn green wood while it's raining? Insurance man came over and low and behold, he's a gun guy too. Yea..they don't pay for trees on the ground, just ones that cause damage. I'll let ya know more in a PM as there's too many busy bodies eavesdropping here. Had to get dry firewood and build a fire with that....after an hour and adding some dead locust the fire really took off. Smoke all over...I loved it....little Prius cars slowing down all upset I'm sending these carbons in the air. If I had an old tire I would have thrown that in.

I spent the day near the road....more rubber neckers than Carter has liver pills. (Plural) one snotty looking woman actually pulled over on my property ...very near the slope......I'm on the Kubota and she is videoing me with her cell phone...stopped with traffic......whack job.......I raised the bucket in a strange way :D and she took off......I was ready to run the bucket into her fancy black Audi. Geeze...get a life....

We got KILLED on the election in our county....once a Republican stronghold all power went to the Dems. At least our township is still Republican. We have all sorts of ordinances as to quantity of necessary land to build, set backs, no apartments, etc.a million things you have to do in order to build that it keeps the bums from moving in. ---6
Last edited by Jay Bird on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The drawer goes inside Cat's original drawer- a drawer in a drawer. It becomes a removable silverware divider, but the dividers are removable too.

I dont know what I would use locust for... I appreciate the offer though!

I'd bet the cell phone nitwit was going to try and use the video as proof you were burning when she calls the EPA.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Right! I was thinking the same thing....we have a burning ordnance here that allows you to burn but only on Saturday's. Gunny...this pile of branches was about 20 x 20 and was maybe 20' from the road...sure wasn't hiding nuttin. Don't thing anyone is gonna say anything though as the tornado must have special exemptions.! Besides, the township chairman/lead supervisor is a gun buddy of mine. :D (I always say, make friends where it counts)

Just looked out the window...it's burning away!......and probably will for another week...got lots more to add.--6
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

That beautiful piece of craftsmanship will be replacing a WalMart silverware holder. Quite the upgrade!

Gunny,

I threw that in just 'cause. In case you don't know that's a practice bomblet from WW II.

Did the mould ship ok? No issues?

Cat