I RedNecked-Up My F-150

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

I RedNecked-Up My F-150

Post by Blaine »

I'm pleased with the way it turned out. That Flowmaster Force FX system is pretty loud, tho :shock: :shock: The leveling kit and big tires cost me a couple MPG. Oh, well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I RedNecked-Up My F-150

Post by piller »

Y'All is just lettin' yore inner Texan out to play.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm Y'All is just lettin' yore inner Texan out to play.
Pretty much. 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Great looking pickup!!

Brad
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

very nice.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
1894c

Post by 1894c »

very nice pick-up... like your up-grades... :)
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Blaine wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:17 pm I'm pleased with the way it turned out. That Flowmaster Force FX system is pretty loud, tho :shock: :shock: The leveling kit and big tires cost me a couple MPG. Oh, well.
a set of hydraulics and then you can go boing boing boing in the church parking lot! :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Looking Good. Something natural about red trucks.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The Flowmaster system is pretty loud, and will only get louder over time. I eventually got tired of the loud drone on the highway and replaced the mufflers on mine.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lots of nice looking pickups around here. Sort of a status symbol to some. There are a bunch of folks who use theirs to haul and tow stuff, you know---things pickups are happy when doing. The ones with the pickups that never carry more than the groceries and are never on even a dirt road are laughed at. Those folks would be better served with a SUV, even the front wheel drive type that only look like a SUV. Does my heart good to see a pickup with something for hunting or fishing showing in it. You just know that the driver is one of us.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am The Flowmaster system is pretty loud, and will only get louder over time. I eventually got tired of the loud drone on the highway and replaced the mufflers on mine.
After I get Santa paid off this year, I might have 3" "something or other" placed inline after the cat. It's not at all bad under 2,000 rpm, which on the highway is over 75....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:18 am Lots of nice looking pickups around here. Sort of a status symbol to some. There are a bunch of folks who use theirs to haul and tow stuff, you know---things pickups are happy when doing. The ones with the pickups that never carry more than the groceries and are never on even a dirt road are laughed at. Those folks would be better served with a SUV, even the front wheel drive type that only look like a SUV. Does my heart good to see a pickup with something for hunting or fishing showing in it. You just know that the driver is one of us.
Both trucks, the F-250 with the Alaskan Camper, and this everyday driver F150 see the forest service roads in the mountains pretty regular. I have no interest in rock crawling or "mudding".....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:18 am Lots of nice looking pickups around here. Sort of a status symbol to some. There are a bunch of folks who use theirs to haul and tow stuff, you know---things pickups are happy when doing. The ones with the pickups that never carry more than the groceries and are never on even a dirt road are laughed at. Those folks would be better served with a SUV, even the front wheel drive type that only look like a SUV. Does my heart good to see a pickup with something for hunting or fishing showing in it. You just know that the driver is one of us.
My front wheel chevy van goes most places the average jeep or pickup goes, and sometimes gets into places they cannot. Even some low grade boulder crawling. It sure makes the brand new spiffy jeep driver grimace when he finally catches the manvan at Red Pass . . . just sayin' .
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:47 am
marlinman93 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am The Flowmaster system is pretty loud, and will only get louder over time. I eventually got tired of the loud drone on the highway and replaced the mufflers on mine.
After I get Santa paid off this year, I might have 3" "something or other" placed inline after the cat. It's not at all bad under 2,000 rpm, which on the highway is over 75....
That's what I noticed with mine was the increase in noise as rpm's went above 2,000. If I put my foot in it there was a point where it actually sounded like something opened up inside the mufflers and it got markedly louder.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 am
That's what I noticed with mine was the increase in noise as rpm's went above 2,000. If I put my foot in it there was a point where it actually sounded like something opened up inside the mufflers and it got markedly louder.
With the Twin Turbo engine, putting the foot in it unleashes the Hounds Of Hell :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Blaine wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:23 pm
With the Twin Turbo engine, putting the foot in it unleashes the Hounds Of Hell :lol:
I bet it does! About 375 hp if I recall correctly? And close to 500 ft. lbs. of torque?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 pm
Blaine wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:23 pm

I bet it does! About 375 hp if I recall correctly? And close to 500 ft. lbs. of torque?
More like 325, and 400 for the 2.7...the 3.5 TT is what you're thinking of... I don't tow, so the 2.7 was plenty. People are getting that 3.5TT in their Raptor because it will smoke the 6.2 normally asperated gas model.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Amazing they're getting 325 hp from under 3 liter engines!