The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six!
They must have taped that in June when we all were there. :D
Yup, rough bunch for sure. Closest we came to trouble was in the parking lot at Old Faithful. Some yuppie got a little huffy with my wife and daughter in law. My boy and I had a little chat with him and it seemed to do the trick.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six , the upper funnel looking thing with the slot cut in it , as well as the clear tube bottom center are original and for 12ga. The part I made is the white pvc about 5" long that sits inside the funnel. The pvc is set up for the 28ga diameter. If you look closely, you will see the set screw on the left side of funnel, the switch that controls the feed motor on the right of funnel. It is the square white thing. A metal arm comes out the bottom of the switch and bends into the tube. As the hulls fall through and fills up the arm shuts it off , as the shell continue down the switch turns on , off as shells pass by until it's full and so on. Set screw in red, switch yellow arrow, pvc blue
20191028_062935-600x800.jpg
I got a kick out of the fact our Prez didn't tell Piglosi about the raid, was afraid of leaks. I say he did the right thing!
I'm not overly fond of him BUT he has done an exceptional job , something we have not had since Regan! I did vote for Trump, and will do so again !

Hey Jay looks like you need a shave!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...I hear ya Old Savage...it's not everyday when a democrat does the right thing.....especially from (Nothing personal) California. She did right....had a weird "throuple" but I commend here for resigning. (Did you guys see Judge Jeanine laughing about this "throuple" thing? :D )

Jay.....Gunny is right...you need to shave. (that's funny) you will feel better, the sheets will be cleaner, shower drain won't clog up, and you will have an easier time wiping yourself. :D

Thank the Good Lord for PVC pipe. Like you, I keep a fairly large plastic bin full of small pieces of all sizes and thicknesses. And if you don't have the exact thickness size it's easy to ream out or turn down. It's sturdy and yep, take a thread or a self tapper is so need be. Your last picture was quite a tutorial. Well done!

Jay...YOU won, although me and Old Savage were mighty close. Because of your dedication to the Gun Room and your unwillingness to shave, I'm going to award you some Christmas cookies. The baker tells me you can dunk them in Wild Turkey.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Those are some good looking cookies.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mmmm........Wild Tur........Cookies. :D
I won, I won!

Man, I gotta get busy. Saturday is opening day of hunting season. I have a couple range trips to make. Gotta put brake pads in the truck. Who knows what I'm forgetting.
Working is really getting in the way. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like you need to retire Jay! Then I'll move up there and we can open 'The Gun Room' gun shop! You can run the machines , I'll do the stock work & repairs...that is when we aren't pat'ridge or moose huntin or shootin the bull! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:53 pm Sounds like you need to retire Jay! Then I'll move up there and we can open 'The Gun Room' gun shop! You can run the machines , I'll do the stock work & repairs...that is when we aren't pat'ridge or moose huntin or shootin the bull! :lol:

Hey..hey! Where do me and Old Savage fit in? We wanna be there too!!!!!!! Maybe we can have an old wood stove in there with a mess of chairs, whiskey, weed, and maybe some dirty magazines. You figure, we are all pretty much set for life so who gives a rats butt if WE make money or not. Old Savage is THE connoisseur of food preparation so he can cook up the vittles.

Tom and Griff have not been very dependable lately but as honorable dudes we will find them space, maybe on the front porch with the blood hound and the cigar Indian.

Oh man! This is doable! Every Saturday night we can have a little "T" show using the local gals. (Jay, do they all have teeth or just "summer teeth"......summer are here and summer are there......keep a 5 gallon bucket of bleach next to the stage so they can wash up before dancing.....I can bring Stonewalls old 100 gallon water trough for them to sit in....

Ooooooooo this is gonna be great.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey yeah! We got a shop just waitin'. My buddy is 77. I bet he will let us take over.
Or, we can build a shop up on the lot. We won't have to worry about being too busy. Then there is more time for fun.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That old Ford fella is doing his squirrel impression this week- sitting in a tree scratching his nuts! :lol:

We will take over his shop, your lot is for the log cabin lodge for us to stay at.

Without a doubt we need Griff, someone has to haul barrel blanks and walnut ! :D

Just got Parker's Orthopedic results- elbows are NORMAL. Hips are EXCELLENT!! Now to have her eyes checked for PRA. If negative then I might do a couple other genetic tests- all goes well then next heat cycle off to the breeder!!!!!!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. We need Griff and his truck. He made need to do a FWD conversion, though! :D

Glad to hear your cb pup is doing well, buddy.
Zoe has been a little pukey the last day or so.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

nut scratching? How much? Been a looooonnnnnggggg time.

On a serious note, it's good to hear Parker is OK.....you'll sleep better.

You guys go ahead and open the gunshop...I'm too old to be of much use anymore. My best and working days are behind me. It's play from here on in.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the thing about breeding, it costs money! The xrays cost me 500 bucks ! Going to spend more for the genetic tests, not to mention normal vet bills, food, etc. Sure a litter of 6 might bring in 6 grand but that was spent well before the first pup takes its first breath! It's a labor of love!! And if I'm lucky I'll get a good female pup that hunts just so I can do it all over again!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh no you ain't backing out now! We need somebody to make coffee & feed the woodstove! Oh and to keep casting bullets!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's right. I been playing with old guns a long time, but I'm smart enough to know that Ole Six has more knowledge than me.
Besides. What the h3ll else is there to do up here? Especially come winter.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

It don't matter what I'm needed for....I can't do it. I'm passing the torch to Jay to carry on.....I feel as though he knows a lot on the old guns and with dedication, wheeling and dealing, reading, and studying other great collectors, he will do well.

I wish the best in your newfound endeavor in the wilds of Maine. The rest of us are old...Gunny, Jay, and Tom are the young bucks and are needed to instill the importance of "gun wrangling" combined with Capitalism into the next generation of freedom fighters.

I wish you all well.

Upon giving up my cherished and prestigious position, I am honored to pass along my old coat to Jay. I even had it monogrammed for my successor.

My advice to stay away from foreign junk cannot be overstated......Think Colt..think Winchester..think S & W....think (sometimes) Marlin and an occasional Ruger, but only if manufactured before 1962. Once again....no foreign JUNK!!!

My only advice to pass on is to stay with quality guns, lots of original finish, provenance if possible and never...never...never...pay more than .20 on the dollar. As the same with the stock market buy low and sell high!!!. Also, don't deal with low life's...the guns they present may be other people's guns. :wink:

Here you go buddy.......from your mentor to YOU!!!---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I..... I don't know what to say. I know I'm not worthy. I don't think I can handle it. I'm so overwhelmed.

Hey! That looks like MY coat. I'm at work and can't check my closet.
Did you snake my coat?.......Only to give it back?
A true master. :D
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Jay,

He is a true master. He even had it professionally monogrammed!

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the finest monogram job I've ever seen!

You are only as old as ya feel- sometimes I feel like I'm 186, sometimes like I'm 25 but I know not to stop trying... All we are asking Six is you try for 1 winter! If by spring you don't want the position of Gun Room wood stove tender then your servitude will be released! Besides, how am I ever going to teach you how to become a scattergun shooting master?! Let's not forget you'll be allowed to play with Parker's puppies all you want! If that isn't incentive I don't know what is :lol: !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You boys are gonna winter up here and you'll ALL need to be fitted for a buffalo coat.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You supply the buffalo and I'll gladly shoot it! :D For the record I love the cold weather and snow!
Then we are gonna have plenty of good meat for Old Savage to cook!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

We have a welcome addition to the crew......catshooter!.....Cat is a cool dude and like to cast bullets. Welcome Cat. This is a no stress thread where fun is #1.

Ahhhhhh....dunno......too cold up in Maine but...but......it sure is hard to turn down a title like that...."official wood tender". Makes me feel soooooo young. Sounds like it could be stressful....do I have to turn a handle to put the wood in?....would I have to go to the porch to retrieve more wood?......if so, I'm going to need to be able to hire someone to help. Maybe a toothless ex crack head dancer....

Jay......NO! It's not your coat! I may have been born at night but it wasn't LAST night! I have 7 COATS. One for each day of the week so the unsuspecting gun owners always think it's a different person coming over to see their guns.

This is me and a buddy getting ready to sneak across the border into north jersey to get some nice scatterguns.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think I could get one of the dogs to fetch firewood, as for the stove having a handle to turn is still up in the air as we don't have it yet!

Welcome Catshooter! Anyone that shoots cats is ok by me :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have to look into cooking in cast iron on a wood stove.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Thanks for letting me slide up closer to the fire gentlemen, it's getting toward cold here and my bones ain't quite as young as they used to be.

Sorry for the pause, had to go turn the bacon! Six, I don't know that it's a good idea these days to post such a pic. I mean with democrats runnin' around loose an all, that monogrammed coat is like a fingerprint: proof positive that it you. And that's a helluva coat. Wonder how much it weighs? I could a coat like that when we hit minus thirty.

Six, about being wood tender. In my experience that means you have to sit by the woodstove, sipping, well whatever it is you sip. Then if you start to begin to feel the slightest possibility of a chill, you ask one of girls to check the stove. That means she has to get off your lap, I know, bad. If the fire is a bit low then you have to ask the all girl wood packin' crew to bring in more wood. That means they have to put on clothes, I know, bad. Then they build up the fire a bit. After that arduous activity they can go back to uh, whatever they were doing to or with y'all.

Trust me, this precisely how it works.

Cat
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well! Welcome to the fire, Cat!
You had me at bacon! That's how I knew you were Gun Room approved! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Had me with his handle - anyone that shoots cats is ok in my book!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya Cat.......got to be careful about hogging up the gals...that's Old Savages domain......he has first rights. One time I was tending the wood stove and this gal was nearby. I told her to sit on my lap and we will talk about the first thing that pops up.

Hey Cat..not sure if you know the whole story on the buffalo coat....old Win (Jay) was over here one time with a buffalo coat with 24 inside deep pockets. After he left I was missing 20 Colt Single Actions and four 1886 Winchesters. (Wish I had 20 Colt SAA's). Now he's recruiting Gunny and before you know it, they will be partners in crime with twin buffalo coats.

Old Savage.....you OK bud? Looks like half of LA is on fire. It appears the fire is getting to the populated areas with apartment complexes going up.... Devastating. It's so wet here I can't even burn the trash.

Watching Tucker on Fox with Hannity coming up in 20 minutes.......this country would be lost without these guys...and Donald.--6
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I figgered that maybe at your advanced age Six, nothing would pop up!

Twenty four deep pockets and he left you with the BAR!?!

Cat
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Cat....he tried but the BiPod stuck out. When he's in the gunroom, I have to be prepared and on guard.--6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Catshooter wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:17 pm I figgered that maybe at your advanced age Six, nothing would pop up!

Twenty four deep pockets and he left you with the BAR!?!

Cat

Hahaha! Oh man, this Cat fella will be just fine. :D
I've met ole Six a couple times. That picture with the BAR is an accurate representation.
Weren't no easy feat gettin' those Colts and 86's out of there. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Only thing I need from Sixgun's is that 41 mold! And I can get that into a light jacket pocket!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey.....where am I? Is this reality? Am I in another world or is this a dream? .... Just read an article where Sasquatch (Michele Obama) says that white people are still running away from blacks. (white flight) I personally think the color of their skin has nothing to do with it as three black guys have been in my gunroom.......and not many people of any color come in my gunroom! wish I could tell her that maybe once the blacks start policing their own and stop killing each other along with taking up the first 10 minutes of the news that white flight is gonna continue to happen. Geeze, if I lived in the hills of Appalachia I'd probably have "run away from hillbilly flight".

Wet and dreary out there....drizzling......started a new project.....yesterday I pulled out all the 4' x 6' thick rubber mats out of Stonewalls run-in shed.....whew, you should have seen some of the big spiders underneath those mats.....pulled out 10 of the mats and somewhat leveled out the dirt underneath it. Took 6 wheelbarrow loads of shavings/manure out then put the mats back in. It'll be a good place to store things that I don't like to see outside, such as rolls of fencing, fence posts etc....BUT....BUT....just half of it, the other half is gonna be a SHOOTIN' SHACK!", complete with bench and giant suppressor.

Stay Tuned----6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...you ain't gettin my 41 mould..I only have one for the 41 Mag as I don't shoot it dat much.....GO BUY ONE AND SEND ME THE BILL.....I'll pay for it. RCBS makes a nice one...that's the one I have. Sure, get the handles too, sizing die, and any other accoutrements you feel is necessary.

You could always just use 44 caliber bullets and turn em down on a lathe. :D --6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I don't shoot mine enough to warrant a mould either!
Those stall mats are great, make very nice anti fatigue mats around the loading bench! Can't wait to see your new shooting stall!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So a buddy of mine asked me to make a new silverware drawer organizer. So I made a drawer to fit inside the existing drawer. Then dividers to fit that.
Reclaimed American Chestnut that I resawed from 3/4" stock. All the corners are fit with box joints.
20191030_142738-600x800.jpg
20191030_142717-600x800.jpg
20191030_142702-600x800.jpg
Nice project for a rainy day!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...you sure do nice work.......few people have the talent and patience to do that....you could give me the wood and the finest machinery and every joint would be on an angle with one side being longer than another. Box joints? Geeze, I'd use 20 penny nails and split the wood. But I will tell ya what I can do...I can sew deep pockets on buffalo coats AND...AND....convert a horse run in shed to "Sixgun's Shootin' Shack"! ......which I did today.

Did not take a "before" pic....you know how horses leave their "homes"....I still have a few loose ends to tie up.

See that table? ....It's my wife's dog grooming table...when she saw this pic I caught heck...now I have to buy her a new one.

How do ya like my "spotting scope"....an old 3-9 something that went bad.

The giant "silencer"....notice the wood stove in the corner?...gonna get some pipe later.

Another view....Gonna keep 'ole Stonewalls fan..--6

Last edited by Jay Bird on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pretty neat digs buddy! That will make a great place to shoot from.
I can't (really) shoot here at the house. Wish I could.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Jay...but......I really can't either except for real slow stuff like target .22's and any cast bullet from any gun as long as it's below the speed of sound. Ahhhhh... an occasional loud round but only on nasty days when people are inside. With the giant "silencer" there's very little sound ...probably can't be heard from 100 yards away. Even without the "silencer" .22 Target ammo sound does not travel far.

We have no ordinance against shooting, only that you have a suitable backstop if your target shooting. There WILL be an ordinance if people like my brother in law continue to abuse it. I tell him to lay low on nice sunny days when people are outside but he continues to occasionally blast away with whatever he feels like shooting.

Got to stop watching the news....feeling my bp rising.....those Dems are really laying on the lies which they know they are doing ......the scary thing is there are people who believe "candidates" like Pocahontas.....free...free...free...ahhh, I'm going to bed...rain all day tomorrow.....heavy at times...my ears are ringing....--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hear you. I pay that garbage no mind. No papers, no TV news. It degrades the quality of life too much.
Gonna rain hard here tomorrow too. First day of deer season Saturday.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! I just noticed I hit "advanced levergunner" status. Wonder when that happened? I don't pay that stuff much mind.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Looks like a good place to shoot Six. I like the silencer. Instead of buying myself a nice rifle after my wife left I bought a handful of suppressors. Cost about the same as your BAR but I had to wait 316 days for ATF approval. They're very nice. I love shooting without ear protection. I can shoot pistols in my basement without muffs! Fun stuff.

Very nice work on that silverware divider Mr. Mack. All I have for that is some Chinese made WalMart stuff. Why I'd trade a Lyman .41 Keith mould with handles for something like that! :)

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Catshooter wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:50 pm Looks like a good place to shoot Six. I like the silencer. Instead of buying myself a nice rifle after my wife left I bought a handful of suppressors. Cost about the same as your BAR but I had to wait 316 days for ATF approval. They're very nice. I love shooting without ear protection. I can shoot pistols in my basement without muffs! Fun stuff.

Very nice work on that silverware divider Mr. Mack. All I have for that is some Chinese made WalMart stuff. Why I'd trade a Lyman .41 Keith mould with handles for something like that! :)

Cat
Oh I'm sure we could make that happen! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six you now have an almost perfect setup- only thing missing is 1000 yards down range!

Stupid me! I've been making wood bases for antique hood ornaments that a neighbor collects- I haven't taken any pictures! Last couple were a White Trucks stallion rearing up, And a "jet plane" from a Studebaker/Hudson. This thing weighed about 10 lbs!

Used to be I could shoot here but the old neighbors have died or moved away and even though the chief of police is a friend of mine I don't want the hassle.

Those box joints aren't hard to do, I bought a jig after making a couple jigs that just weren't quite right. No just set it up on the router table and go- perfect every time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Perfect "go" for "you".....I'd push it on an angle or put the router on super slow speed to chew everything up. The male end would look like triangles and the female ends would be oval. How I managed that gun rack last year is beyond me....my buddy gets lots of compliments on it and offers for me to make more.........but......I know in advance most guys are cheap f's and want to pay about $5 an hour for my work.......some things are reserved only for good friends....that I will do for free....and I can count them on one hand,...the hand without a thumb, forefinger, little finger, or ring finger......you know which one is left.

Rain...rain...rain.....what we gonna do today? The wife is watching the kangaroo court in session on Fox....I'm dropping off Adam and Nancy into their watery grave...... I'm starting to boil on this crud.......all indications are for a major landslide next fall....I said this the other day and it was confirmed last night on FOx...."The Republicans are not doing enough to help Trump" they should be fighting fire with fire....put it their lap............I do know that strategy save my job a few times.----6

Just reminiscing.......one time several fellow employees decided they wanted my seniority...you know the "ones"....the company agreed with "them" so there would not be a riot in the plant and was going to fire me. Well, unbeknownst to management I was keeping a log on the shipping manager.....the one who was out to get me.....while this was going on to me I filed harassment charges on this boss complete with times, dates, and witnesses........guess who won? :D yep, fight fire with fire...
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep that's the problem- people SUCK!

Boy how I hope the election is indeed a major win for the RIGHT! I so want to see all of those crybaby liberal bottom dwelling pond scum consuming whining morons put in their place by a tsunami of RED!!!

Raining here, my rain gauge still isn't working! I changed the batteries... darn Chinese made junk!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cheer up boys.

Halloween, guy hit a,wall on the way to the office. Five cop cars here ... some nut in the psychiatrists office. They have the drive way blocked.

39° so recalling zip lining in Hawaii.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Be careful, she is a chiropractor.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

There's a chiropractor I'd put on the payroll!!

Here is a hood ornament on the walnut base I just finished.
20191031_135618-800x600.jpg
Black walnut, fitted to the ornament with inletting black. All I do is the fitting, the owner does the finishing.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's a neat hood ornament....what kind of car? I have a 1955 Chevy "airplane" ...or whatever it is......in the garage. You sure seem to have a nice comfortable life....shooting, dogs, making cool stuff. :D Can I move in with you and if not me, can Jay? Of course with Jay, you will need a better locking system for anything that ain't nailed down.

Nuttin going on.....put in the better part of the day in the shootin' shack. I like that place better than the barn...can't screw it up any worse than what it is.

Oh Lordy.....I can't contain myself with Old Savages pals. I keep getting this picture in my head that no one in California works and people just go around smoking weed, partying, and having sex. She sure is a hottie!---6
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Gunny,

Here's what I have to offer.
41. Mag mould.jpg
Hope this is what you were looking for. I've never owned 41 caliber anything so I haven't cast with it. And yet I have the mould? I know, it's a disease I tell ya. I blame Six.

Cat