The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

Relevance?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Super cool pics Jay!.....you are proud of your boy...great!...must be neat to be young and have all,of that adventure. .....wow! If they got 14 mil of Coke I wonder how much is getting through.......neat pic with the "bros" on their way to the big house. How come they sink the boats? I'm thinking by sinking the boats the 40 gallons of Afro Sheen that's onboard would pollute the ocean.

Old Savage won again! TWO IN A ROW.... :D .....prize below......

Well guys, I say Piller passed the "cool, interesting, and intelligent dude test". I say we vote him in as a prospect for the gun room. That's quite an uncle he has.... I have always been amazed at people who can do advanced math with the energy and thought processes that enable me to utilize my third grade multiplication tables.

Fred.....you win an all expense paid dinner to McDonalds with two new democratic presidential candidates.-----6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Last time I saw that guy, his head was shaved and he was sitting on a porch playing a banjo. Must have blown through all his movie money. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well 2. In a row is the start of a legacy!
Dad was a commercial pilot for almost 30 years. On a few occasions a flight crew would see something and report it to either ground control or do written reports. I don't remember the exact details but one such report was followed up by the Airforce- that I know of! I know Dad had to go to I believe DC for this Airforce interview. When he got home he wouldn't give any info to us about what happened. Does ET exist? Yes,no,maybe. If they do if they were 'smart' they would just sit back and watch us destroy ourselves then claim the salvage rights!

Kid I knew in school claimed his dad worked for Lockheed, at the skunk works.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Gunnyman, think about it. If ET/UFOs didn't exist what would be the point of all the high level scrutiny and pressure on people who "saw" things?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I don't believe any of the UFO b.s. just like I don't believe in this Sasquatch b.s. (except for Michele Obama). Where's the evidence? ANY kind of definitive evidence beyond human sightings or third party conversations.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Do I believe? Not without proof. Show me a body and prove me wrong.

However once the wall is finished our alien problem should stop!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well if someone sees a sasquatch or ghost nobody from the Air Force or men in black shows up ;-)

But, this is Am er i ca and so far anyone can believe what they want.

But the if I haven't seen it it doesn't exist argument is without standing.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six, my condolences on the loss of Stonewall. At 40 he'd had something few horses get. An owner truly prepared to do what it takes.

As far as I'm concerned... any of us having been in the military are "winners", anyone who's written that blank check and lived to get it back is a winner!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

OH boy- did ya see the Russian brown bear in the circus that mauled the trainer during a performance? The Bears are muzzled but the claws are free- surprisingly the trainer wasn't hurt!

I delivered the malcontent Ithaca/SKB to the owner yesterday but he didn't want to test fire it as he is afraid the shooting is going to scare off the deer. I told him the deer won't be bothered by it but he is a big buck hunter and doesn't want to take the chance.

Time for BRCC!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well guys.....just ain't the same around here. I keep looking out the window to check on Stonewall and I don't see nothing. Never have been able to handle loss and death. Two of my neighbors walked over yesterday to offer condolences....yea...bad news travels fast. We are the last in the immediate area to have horses, except for a little Shetland pony next door...who incidentally, is about the same age as Stonewall.

Like old friends and family members, one by one they drop off until it's your turn. Who says getting old is great? Practically every animal and person ya ever cared about is gone.

(Got to add some humor).........at least we still have 28 pound Fabio. His litter box is about the size of a 55 gallon drum.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I hear ya bud! I can still hear one of my dogs bark, lost her back in 03! Each time I come through the door I'm still expecting to see Dixie standing there with Win, Claro and Parker.

So that's where the term FatCat comes from :lol: He has that look in his eyes like I'm gonna get you!

Hey you know those full size fiberglass cows? Ya oughtta get yourself a few of those, move them around at night just to keep the neighborhood on their toes- and ya don't have to feed them!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is some cat. Never saw one that big.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

This is Max on top of Fabio with Teeny off to the side. Animals add so much fun and humor around the house.....yea Gunny, ya never forget an old friend. I've buried 20 dogs and I remember everyone of them and their distinct personalities.----6

This picture has been hanging on the wall for more than 20 years......my daughter and Stonewall in the nineties fox hunting with some old money conservatives in Chadds Ford, Pa......she did this every week during the season. Stonewall was a jumper extraordinaire.......when this pic was taken I was probably at a gun auction somewhere :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You should try to find the negative of that picture and get another print made for your daughter!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pmYou should try to find the negative of that picture and get another print made for your daughter!
THIS ↑↑↑
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I suppose one of these online outfits could produce a print from a scanned photo- maybe even reproduce it by scanning and printing?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ahhh....we're old...she will have the original in a few years.

She was over tonight...wants me to order her new tires, wheels and front bumper for her new Jeep. In fact, WHERES JAY????

Jay..if your there I need your opinion on a NON winch front bumper.........I have a simple Warn on mine..3/4 width, solid steel....they don't make them anymore and besides she wants something a little "cooler". I was looking through Quadrtec's online catalog and you can't get much anything decent for under $700!!! Crazy!, my Warn was $250
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey bud.
Does she have a JK or a JL?
If you aren't going to run a winch or do any hardcore wheeling, something from Smittybuilt shoild be fine. They have a lot of different styles.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

How on EARTH did that cat make it all the way up on that chair? :)

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Meanwhile- back at the ranch,

I just realized Six is back to 'lever gunner'' , you lost your posting leader status. You sir were robbed! :D

Supposed to rain like the dickens tomorrow, I'm not driving out to Bernville or even New Tripoli to shoot- nope ain't gonna do it! I'll stay home and load ammo.

Neighbor was discharged yesterday and now home. She has lost weight from that C Diff - nasty stuff!

Well gotta load up the Ranger and go stock trout this morning. Next week , wait no- 2 weeks our Chinese chicken season opens! Claro's favorite time of year!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six,
I'm pretty sure she has a JL. How about this........?
https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock- ... 18-jl.html
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 am Hey Six,
I'm pretty sure she has a JL. How about this........?
https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock- ... 18-jl.html

I tell ya.....when you want to know what's happening in the Jeep world, contact Buffalo Jay from Maine. Jay....thank you! I went through 17 pages of front bumpers on the Quadratec website and found nothing comparable....either that or I was disillusioned/overwhelmed with so much to look at. Now, like that bumper andis priced accordingly for what a bumper should cost......Quadratec has them up to $3500....screw dat! AND....AND.....AND....I found a new source for aftermarket Jeep parts.

As you know, Quadratec is about 7 miles from me.

Extreme Terrain is in Malvern, Pa. which is about 10-12 miles away. :D I guess that don't mean nothing anymore as everything gets shipped.

I'm gonna run that by Candy and see what she says. Gonna go up and order the tires today...about a three mile drive. Not sure on the wheels as she likes the factory wheels. Thinking of the same tires I have....Toyo Open Country MT 33" x 270 but in 17". I warned her they won't ride as nice but she has a bit of the old man in her personality....she says, "I don't care what they ride like, I want the "look." My son says she won't need the wheel spacers like I had to do.

Oh well....what's the other boys up to?---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Catshooter wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:59 am Six,

How on EARTH did that cat make it all the way up on that chair? :)

Cat
Hey Cat! For as big as that cat is, it can jump on the counter....which all cats do and then they fly off when they see you. When that big cat hits the floor, it shakes the whole house.

BTW...I'm finally getting time....let me know your mould wants. Think I'm gonna sell out a hundred of them and keep maybe 20 of my favorites.----6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:11 amMeanwhile- back at the ranch,
I just realized Six is back to 'lever gunner'' , you lost your posting leader status. You sir were robbed! :D
Nah, he still thinks changing his screen name will allow him some anominity.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:18 am
GunnyMack wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:11 amMeanwhile- back at the ranch,
Nah, he still thinks changing his screen name will allow him some anominity.
Hey..hey......anonymity could never happen with me......I could hide twenty feet under a rock and people would still know who's under there and talking.

Still can't log on to Sixgun......I think the senior mods want me to do what Conservatives want HRC to do......go away. :D --6
Last edited by Jay Bird on Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well at least you were 'allowed' to open a new account.

Molds eh? I'm looking for a .41 mold,..

I took the Ranger over to the club, we stocked about 250 trout this morning- just in time for a post tropical storm tomorrow! Had another tree fall across the trail, after all the fish were in I wrapped the winch cable around the tree where it snapped and pulled it down so it would be safer. Gotta say this Ranger is pretty capable machine. Pushes snow very well, skids trees( within reason) , hauls stuff, the lift kit kept me from dragging skid plates where I used to. Warn 4500# winch is plenty.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok I ve found my next chambering!! Thought I'd look at their website after reading about the fire Pac Nor just had.

50x20mm PacNor Ackley improved!!! Can you imagine a 20mm case necked down to 50 in a rifle?! Then who decides to put an Ackley shoulder on it?! Ludicrous I know but it'll do a number on chipmunks!!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six!
If you're selling moulds, I could use a 44-40. I have a factory Winchester mould but its small for smokeless powder and most of my bores.
If you have the RCBS 44/200FN on the larger side, and are willing to part with it, I am interested.

Buffalo Jay
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok Buffalo Jay...I don't think so......I do have a H&G 210 gr. made in the forties/fifties and a Lee 6 cav. but I use those. I will tell you something...the Lee 6 cavity is a cheap mould but you can make a bucket of them in a couple of hours AND they are accurate. They come out of the mould at .430-.431 too! The H&G is only a tiny bit more accurate but not enough to make a difference in all around shooting. I mostly use the Lee in 1873's and 44 handguns.

Gunny....only two moulds for the 41 and one of them is a 41 Long Colt. The other is a 41 mag made by rcbs and sadly, I,use that.this is what I will do...in the ensuring couple of weeks I will get a small batch that I will sell and put them on our post first to,give you guys first crack...and a better price....before I put them on the classified.

You won't believe this...I cut the back pasture today and everytime I went near where Stonewall died I smelled the stench of death. Heck, he was only there for a half day before I got him out of there. So.....after I finished cutting, I stopped the Kubota and took a walk and not 15 feet away, in the brush was a dead deer......not much left of it and could not find a head...mmmm....but it was a small deer so I don't think it was a big antlered buck. ---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've been looking at molds, I really like that brass mold made in Europe, itll pour FN, shallow HP or deep HP. but they are pricey and fairly long time to get.

Be glad you didn't find that dead deer with the brush hog!

Look forward to seeing that list, maybe something else will strike my fancy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Maybe Fabio could get some inspiration from this cat

Obese cat embraces workout in new viral video

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/obese-cat-viral-video
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny....Fabio just got his exercise......he ate another can of Friskies salmon and cheese.

I think I'm gonna step out tonight and make the big trip to the gunshop. THATS what I call exciting!

Fred...how's the fire going? We are hearing 70 mile an hour winds. Many of us sit back and whine about little thing in life that don't mean squat and people are losing their homes and helpless animals are dying.---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Traffic very backed up to LA but Ok from there to here. Tracy and her Morky are here. I am having a whiskey and pork chops Creole coming up. Cookies are out. Last probably really nice day of golf 87° and light wind but probably blowing in the canyons where the fired are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There is always a big effort to move domestic animals and the wild ones can usually move ahead of the fires. The new growth after a fire is better for the animals. It is an age old cycle here.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, pork chops Creole!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey hey there Old Savage! You baked some Italian cookies. Mom picked em out....jelly and nuts in the middle. She makes them around Christmas time. Mom says she also makes the creole but uses chicken. Your eating large bro! What kind of nuts are you using on top of the jelly?

On the animals, my guess is a lot are caught in the middle. Our hearts here go more for the animals than people.

Well....you call yourself "Old Savage". If you keep winning the pages you just might get awarded this half rd/oct 30 wcf made in 1901.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Fox News alert!
Al-Baghdadi is al-baghDEADY!

California needs to make all of their homeless/illegals go clean up all of the open space that is full of fuel for these brush fires, reducing the risk of such damaging fires.

Hasn't started raining here yet but the wind is up. Guess I'm going to hunker down and swap the press over to 28 ga and get some hunting ammo put up.

Hit the GO button on the coffee pot, waiting patiently and realize it's not brewing! D'OH I never set it up last night!

Border apprehension down 65%! I call that a good start as wall construction continues!

That 1901 is an OLD SAVAGE!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, lost my reply to your generous might offer. Came here looking for a price on and old Savage so when it asked for a name I used that.

The fires here are unpredictable due to embers blowing to dry brush in high winds and dry brush is everywhere after a wet winter/spring.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ya know something Old Savage......that Gunny guy would make an excellent politician for California. You and I could be his aides. He has an excellent idea to put the illegals to help instead of taking.......I'd like to take his idea one step further and say we use the illegals to actually make fire breaks.......with their bodies......we could get them to lie down like stacking wood...say 30' high and the fire break would double as a wall to keep more illegals from passing through.

RAINING CATS AND SQUIRRELS HERE! Pouring. Well, the Good Lord says Sunday is a day of rest so rest it will be.

Stopped down my buddies last night. While sitting in his office.....(there's a huge decanter there filled with expensive bourbon...oh I remember those days.....on Nov 8th, 2016 I stumbled out of there.....I unwillingly had to take a bottled water).....we were discussing fun activities. He just bought some machine guns and silencers from two different police departments so it looks like I have a couple of silencers coming my way.....BUT THAT SIX MONTH WAIT IS GONNA KILL ME....the machine guns are non transferable..........anyway, he was feeling jovial and made an offer....to which I will take......it's gonna be machine gun day upstate in a week or two with MP5's and a 3 position "enhanced" m-16 ....semi, burst, full auto......of course, it's gonna be his ammo...all factory....AND I get to keep the brass as I'm a peon nobody.

Boy, is it raining.---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

M16 on full auto zzzt and it is over.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

MP5s are a hoot! Years ago when visiting a college buddy in Clarksville TN while hanging out in the gun shop he worked for we would load up the store MP5 and tear it up!
Our state police had a brief case MAC10. Squeeze the handle on the brief case and there goes a mag full!

So I swapped over the Dillon, from 12 to 28 ga. Remembered that the shell feeder was very temperamental with the small hulls. Dillon says to bend the switch. That got the wheels turning! So I tinkered a bit-
20191027_132725-600x800.jpg
I took a piece of 1/2" PVC and opened it to 3/4"( dont have 11/16 drill) , drilled & tapped a hole to apply side pressure, cut in a window for the switch and BINGO a reliable case feed system.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK Gunny....I "think" I follow you....not to edumacated on shotshell reloading.....can you easily go back to 12 ga. after opening up the main tube?

I posted these before..don't know if Gunny saw them.

M-16 "enhanced" with three position switch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7itVQNs1eY

Glock 18 full auto with 30 rd. Mag...it's a handful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3hE6m1MBE
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually Six I had to make the main tube smaller. That's where the PVC pipe comes in. Yes it is a easy and fast removal, turn the screw out, pop out the tube and swap tool head and back to 12 ga in minutes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

M16 on full auto will run up on you if you don't hold it down.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...maybe I'm looking at it wrong.....it seems you made the original outer tube larger by cutting the slot in there...or was that already there?.....that's why I said "would it go back to being able to run the 12 ga."...

Never mind, I'm brain dead...I have confidence that you know what your doing.

After 16 million stupid things I had to do today...to keep the household running......I finally was able to load a mess of '06 cast match ammo for the BAR. The ammo looks funny....a 220 grain 30 caliber bullet that's only seated a caliber in the neck....single loading only....12 grains of Unique....sized .312......1340 fps......tested out 5 rounds out back yesterday and at 50 yards I put 4 shots into 1/4"...yes 1/4"......the first shot which was the fouling shot landed 1/4" away for a total 1/2".....ha! I LOVE busting balls with the ritsy elites at the gun club with their $4,000 set ups.....and me with a military BAR.. ..(which incidentally costs $5,000 with the scope.) :D This load is for the cast bullet CBA regulated match which we have once a month.....

Where's my buddies Old Savage and Jay...and Tom....and Griffy Pooh?

WATCHING BERNIE ON FOX.....what a whack job! Some cat asked him what he (hypothetical) would suggest to his son if a cop pulled him over. Bernie responded ..."respect what the cop tells you to do so you don't get shot in the head"---6
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

I sent you a PM about moulds.

Bernie, like all communists is nuts. They have to be nuts, it's a prerequisite to getting into the club.

I listened to our fine President talk about the killing of Ali-barba-pea brain. Impressive. I have to admit that when I cast my vote for him 1) I thought it was a lost cause as I thought for sure ol' Hitlery was in and 2) I didn't expect much from Mr. Trump if he did make it. Was I ever wrong! And never was I so glad to be wrong!! I had no idea he was such a patriot.

I look forward to his landslide in 2020.

Cat
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya Cat.....I always supported Trump as my uncle knows him and he told me Trump is a straight up guy. Little politically incorrect but he loves this country......that's fine with me. Oh boy! There's gonna be a lot of crying snowflakes on November 3 rd. of 2020!

I'm watching our new TV and I like this crystal clear 65" screen. I'm watching this Yellowstone special and I saw a picture of Old Win (Jay) so I took a pic. You can see my feet in the lower left hand corner.---6

Jays family reunion

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You may all notice that our neighboring district US Rep Katie Hill is resigning.

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Jay, huh? Nice beard, but he don't look like someone you'd want to cross, doncha think? Tuff lookin' family, too.

Cat