I didn't know you could own these...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
AJMD429
Posting leader...
Posts: 25298
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Hoosierland
Contact:

I didn't know you could own these...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:17 pm

https://youtu.be/snOV-F3u4-s

You just can't use them to launch bad things.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.


Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

User avatar
Blaine
Posting leader...
Posts: 27481
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Where Real Winners Serve Their Country

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#2 Post by Blaine » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Hold out for an M-79....You can get reloadable brass for them and practice rounds from them.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#3 Post by marlinman93 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am

I don't get the point of owning one? Since you can't shoot anything but signal flares, why waste good money? Maybe because it looks cool under your AR15, and you want to play Rambo?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

User avatar
Blaine
Posting leader...
Posts: 27481
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Where Real Winners Serve Their Country

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#4 Post by Blaine » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:49 am

marlinman93 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am
I don't get the point of owning one? Since you can't shoot anything but signal flares, why waste good money? Maybe because it looks cool under your AR15, and you want to play Rambo?
Since when did "need" or "point" have anything to do with a hobby? *tsk* :lol:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#5 Post by marlinman93 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am

Blaine wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:49 am
marlinman93 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am
I don't get the point of owning one? Since you can't shoot anything but signal flares, why waste good money? Maybe because it looks cool under your AR15, and you want to play Rambo?
Since when did "need" or "point" have anything to do with a hobby? *tsk* :lol:
Never did. But I'd rather spend my money on something I can use than waste it on something silly. I don't do much signaling.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

User avatar
Blaine
Posting leader...
Posts: 27481
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Where Real Winners Serve Their Country

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#6 Post by Blaine » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am

marlinman93 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am
Blaine wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:49 am
marlinman93 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 am
I don't get the point of owning one? Since you can't shoot anything but signal flares, why waste good money? Maybe because it looks cool under your AR15, and you want to play Rambo?
Since when did "need" or "point" have anything to do with a hobby? *tsk* :lol:
Never did.
Exactly.... :roll:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

wm
Senior Levergunner
Posts: 1137
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: I didn't know you could own these...

#7 Post by wm » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:10 pm

This appeals to me more …… I'm a history nerd. US used these instead of the Japanese Type 89 "Knee Mortar" or the Red Devil Italian rifle grenades or Germans various rifle grenades.

But these don't really go boom, they just thud. This is kind of interesting deep dive with the various settings and the suggestion it was almost as useful as a early bazooka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161JT0WRVf4


Wm

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1Winchester1, Bill in Oregon, gamekeeper and 5 guests