The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

O% under control. The college my daughter teaches at is probably closed, near where it all started. Freeways around there closed..
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

A grand a month! It makes you wonder if there is a cheaper alternative or if the doctor is pushing meds for a kickback......sorry...I've become pessimistic with the medical field. :D

Fire? What fire? The only fire I saw was in Minneapolis last night. Good ole Donald had us laughing so hard I would have paid decent money to watch that.......and then the purple haired weirdos came out....should have left them to brawl.......the streets would be painted purple. fags against red hats? Ha!

Hey Old Savage...you WON....again! Your on a roll baby! Got to think of a prize.....mmmmmmm.........I know, I'm going to award you Gunny's new job....but he gets to keep the pay.....sound fair?

I'm so excited about the election in 13 months I think I'm gonna buy 20 Trump banners and 100 life sized cut outs.....----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like a winner to me!
Company buys lunch on Friday's!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, no job here. Haven't had one since 77. What I would like to win is that Prepaid preaddressed box to your house. Should be big enough for a large pistol box.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

"I ain't workin' ...and I don't make no bones about it----Johnny Rebel"

Fred....since '77????.....what do you call your practice.....fun?... :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The practice is fun. I meant work for somebody else. Worked in a hospital xray dept for one year before going into practice.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So my neighbor called, back into the ER, seems she has a bad case of C Diff. Going to be admitted. Another neighbor called me about a little project he needs help with so I stopped by to see him. On his kitchen wall is a nice little collection of leverguns, 4 92s, a 94 and a pair of 73s! yeah I knew him but not really well , let's say we hit it off !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang Gunny.....lucked out again......boss is a gun guy,,,free lunch tomorrow and more old guns at your neighbors......by the way, does Jay give you a "finders fee" for loose guns on the wall?

Well, enjoy your lunch tomorrow and Fred, it's golf time tomorrow, right?....think I'll take it easy when I get up as it was stressful today.....had to carry my dirty breakfast plate allllllllll the way from the living room to the kitchen. Worn out!---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Holy cow! I slept until 0544!!! Haven't slept that late in years.

I'm meeting a few buddies for breakfast, then going to hang tree stands. This afternoon meet the neighbor to get working on his project, he collects old hood ornaments and needs wooden bases made.

Tomorrow I must defend my title of CLUB CHAMPION from last year! We shoot a 100 bird fun match for the championship.

Six do me a favor ? Take a nap for me at some point today :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man, I slept too. Long day when it starts a 10 the night before. :D
Ran up to the lot and did some scouting. Took the little 300 pistol. Man, that carries sweet.
When I left, I got to the end of our road and there is a truck sitting there, blocking me in. No problem, I will winch it out into the woods. Took a better look and called our buddy............"Hello"....."Hey, where are you?"........"I'm up hanging a stand, why you need to get in?"..........."No, out. Glad I called, I was gonna winch your truck in the woods. I think I can get around ."
That would have been bad. :D
Glad that truck looked familiar haha.
Came home and went shopping and to dinner with the wife. Crashed around 10.
Raining today, so about all I got is some vehicle maintenance or loading shells.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Club Champion ....got yo back bro.......to bed at 12... up sharp and snappy at 9:30!!!! I can give yo an hour or two...

Looks like a nice day out there......

Jay...your a nice guy....winch it???? Like hell!!!!!.........low range, 4wd, 1st gear.......push! (to the side of the offending vehicle) first the front end, then the back end..................friend or not......ya gotta teach them!!!! Just so they don't forget, I'd puncture the sidewalls too! Maybe cut the fuel/brake lines......shoot up the dash......steal the radio and any valuables)....got your coat with ya?)-------6

Well.....local gun auction on the 8th.......see what I can rob em of.....I always do good at this auction.....highway rob good... :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's exactly the reason NOT to block the road! But if ya have to ya wrap the chain OVER the roof to the frame then flip it over, less friction and it becomes a great big ol ski and if that person isn't supposed to be there they either gotta hoof it, call the tow truck which calls the police and then ya got them dead to rights!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, as per our discussion, top knife is just like the one the one from the fire that was then stolen. Took me 40 years to find one just like it. Found it on Ebay, put $100 then watched futile bids against that. In the mean time I found similar ones of the same model like the bottom one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have a similar Jack knife my uncle gave me.

The irish whiskey seems to have snuck upon me as I was reading book 2 of the Longmire series... time for bed!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well...Gunny is wound up....!.....I like the idea of the chain going over the roof.....we think alike!

Anyway Fred......
That's all you had to do is ask me and I would have given this to you. If your first name started with an "N" I'd say it was the one that was stolen from you many years ago as you can see the initials someone carved on it. I've had it probably 40 years.---6

Funny thing..the initials could work the other way too...H N or N H

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well thanks, mine was stolen in Davenport, Ia. In 1975. Keep yours and we will both have them. Gave another I picked up to my son.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred...forgot to tell ya....I got the knife off of Jay and he said he used to live in Davenport, IA but had to leave real fast some time in 1975.......had something to do with not having large enough pockets in some old coat.--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've often wanted to do the 'over the roof' bit in a parking lot where you always see that 1 jerk that takes up 4 spots trying to keep their car safe. I just want to flip it and drag it to the far side of the parking lot!

That OW guy had to steal that Jack knife so he could skin a buffalo to make himself a coat. :D

Coffee is done- Gunship !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, from what Six said, I should keep quiet.......but I DO have a knife just like the top one, OS. I would have to dig around to find it, however.

Gunny,
I've actually DONE the rollover trick.....kinda. Funny story, kinda.
Back in the mid 80's, my cousin was running an old CJ-5 with an aftermarket hardtop as a daily. It was the dead of winter, and my cousin was making a beer run one Friday night (after drinking all the beer he had on hand).
Anyway, the phone rings at the house and my old man answers to my cousin frantically asking for help. Bring the truck and rope quick!
The old man hangs up and we run out and jump in the old Chevy. My cousin lived on the other side of town on Sesame St.........yup, that's right. Right there on the corner is the old CJ, takin' a nap on it's side right in the middle of the street. My cousin rounded the corner, the CJ slid on the snow, fetched up on a patch of tar, and because of the hard top, flopped over.
There was a fair amount of urgency, due to the conspicuous nature of it.......and my cousin's condition.
The old man backs the truck around, we run a rope from the truck through the passenger door (high side with bottom of CJ toward the truck) of the napping CJ, across the inside of the tub, and to the base of the rollbar. The old Chevy never spun a tire and woke the old CJ right up. My cousin hopped in and drove it the the 1/8 mile to his house.
Good times. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I know you fellas want to see last night's tri tip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh Lordy...a knife, a Jeep and a hunk of meat! Jay...that was quite a story...must not be much police action up your way. A Jeep taking a nap on its side would attract plenty of attention around here....at least my '76 Ford pick up did...and later a '78 Trans Am really attracted the attention. You guys were working fast....yep! .....back on four wheels, back home, then drinking the rest of the beer laughing about it.......even to this day!

About that hunk of meat Fred.....you have the coals burning perfect......looks just a tad red inside....(good thing).....some mixed veggies slopped up with extra butter, a bit of Tabasco and baby, we're gonna have fun!.....

Speaking of fun, whoa! I had a super blaster when I got up that must have lasted 15 seconds.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I put up a good defense to hold my club champion title but in the end I lost by 1 target !
I did however remember to take a couple pictures inside of the bunker. The machines are from Finland, Nasta traps are used around the world. Ours are almost 20 yrs old and haven't given us a lick of trouble.
20191013_135148-800x600.jpg
20191013_135155-800x600.jpg
15 machines total, each shooting station ( 5 total) gives a left angle, straight away and a right.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Looks yummy, OS. Had me some Sirloin tips tonight.

Gunny,
Wow! That's quite a setup. Nothin' like that in these parts.
Sorry bout the title, buddy.

Hey Six,
Back in them days there was only 2 police cruisers in town. They usually kept one on each side of the river. We kept a small scanner in our trucks. We would cause a dustup on one side of town. When someone called the cops, the other cruiser would come to that side for the "action". We'd smoke it to the other side for about 45 minutes of uninterrupted fun!
They probably have 3 or 4 nowadays. Woo! Big time. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow! I know a world class set up when I see it and Gunny's club has it. 15 machines in a professionally built bunker is impressive. Hey! Can I have it? That's nice Gunny and now I know why you drive the miles to get there. Hell, why don't you just move nearby and get a job at Bernville Auto Parts?

Jay...you,don't strike me as a troublemaker but with two cops in the whole town, well, they are asking for it...the trouble. :D

I'm brain dead....spent two hours cutting up a piece of Osage orange to get a perfect piece of wood 6" x 5" x 3" to make a adjustable forend holder to fit on top on my metal bench rest for rifle shooting with a variety of different sized forends. This baby holds em tight.....from thin Winchesters to the BAR...no more wobble.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well.......let's just say I've mellowed with age.
You know, like good whiskey. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The bunker is in New Tripoli, not Bernville. However the two are only about 25 minutes apart! I do wish I was closer to both ! Yesterday's menu was roasted chestnuts , Italian cheese, Soppresetto, bread from some NYC bakery, smoked short ribs, a Thai shrimp dish, I'm forgetting something... We don't go hungry!

Growing up I knew all our local PD. Dad had taught the chief how to fly, Cappy carried a 4" model 29! The night shift was always Sargent Russ and my radar detector would always tell me where he was and I'd put my foot in it and go by about 80, he would chase me until he saw me then kill the lights and turn around. I'd turn around and go BS with him,told him I was trying to keep him awake!

This bunker is pushing 40 years old, we put the new machines in about 20 years ago. We had to make some modifications to get the new machines installed, that has led to a couple minor water leaks through the roof and I keep after those every spring by scraping the cracks in the roof and re caulking. Since the bunker is ground level we have to shut down when it snows in. We have a grand time and if anyone want to try a serious shotgun game come on up!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Good morning guys. Between work and the rocker panel replacement on Mrs.FW’s King Ranch I have been laying low(as in on my back in the driveway with a cutting wheel and a grinder). However, yesterday morning I got a call from a buddy. You still looking for a Ruger single six?
Well maybe, depends, says I.
Well I didn’t find one.
Ok.....so what’s up?
I did find a colt frontier scout.
😳 okaaaaay.
It’s a 1960, and mint.
Okaaaay
And it’s$250.
I’ll be right up.
So I got a reward for being a hardworking chump.🤗
I took it out yesterday and I like the feel and can hit soda cans with it at 10-15 yards.
Hi to all a nd I will try to stop by more often but gotta get these rockers and cab corners done before I leave for archery on November 2.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well....Monday and all the good people are going about their business .....working.

Something tells me Gunny and Jay were bad boys in their youth.

Tom has a Colt.....at a highway robbery price! Well done.

Nice day today...think I'll spend it outside.--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually I was too busy shooting to get in trouble! I knew our boys in blue personally.

I had about 1 & 1/2 fingers of scotch last night- boy is my head foggy this morning!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks Jack. I did pay attention to you on good pricing and quality sells.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great buy Tom! Nice!
I know I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the Scout to the Single Six.
The Colt is just the right size and weight for a .22 revolver. The ones I have are also great shooters.
And, on a sentimental note, it was the first handgun I ever shot.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I might be a bit slow but I'm starting to realize I DONT FIT INSIDE ONE OF THESE PRESSES !
Boy do I hurt today. This rotten T9 of mine just ruins my day by about 2pm. I get to leaning fore & starboard and just tighten right up. Not sure if this is a career or not...

So without pictures do we really know Tom has this NEW Colt...?

Parker gets her hips & elbow xrays tomorrow, I took the day and maybe I can recoup some.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

1 and a half fingers! Poop! I ain't heard that term in a lot of years! Are you sure your only 50? One thing for sure, your a good ole boy redneck.

On this Colt thing....we all know I have a serious love affair with Colts but ....but....forget it....well......the single six with the drift adjustable sight wins for me..... 30 years ago I bought my boy a Colt New Frontier .22 with the adjustable sights.....he likes it...I never could warm up to it. Maybe the scout is different...never owned one....have shot them and wasn't impressed.

As far as I'm concerned the BearCat is next to worthless. .....about the same as a Mexican who learns to use the US system.--6
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I like the little Colt AND I don’t remember any law that says if a Single Six comes along I can’t have but two single action 22’s. I have a Hawes also. I have thought about selling the Hawes a half dozen times and every time I shoot it I forget that thought. I point it, pull the trigger and whatever I am pointing at falls, moves, has new holes in it, or in some other way denotes that I hit it.
On a side note I had another eye Doctor appointment today and the fluid in my left eye is back so more shots in the eyeball. Drats
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm a man of the world Six, I grew up when the evening cocktail was still consumed at home.

Fluid in your eye? Did you have cataract surgery? I know they put a bubble of nitrogen in until the eye regenerates after the surgery.

I'm with ya Tom, if ya want a Colt ( and who wouldn't at that price!) and a single six you have my blessing. I had a single six but darned if I know who, where,when I traded it off. I know I did but...

As for the bearcat, I agree the early guns were kinda worthless for distance shooting but the new adjustable sighted ones are better, however I'm sticking with my K22 !

Ok it's 0616, I have 3 kitchen sharks pestering me to be fed, I keep telling them Parker can't eat because she has to be sedated for her X-rays. Claro and Winnie are not happy!

I saw Winchester is making a couple 125th anniversary edition model 94s, the pics look like very nice but I'm not buying one!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

No cataract glaucoma and side effects of diabetes.
Good luck with Winnie.
And Mr. doubting Tho....errh Gunny.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man.....that fordwannabe guy gets aaalllllllllllllll of the neat stuff.

It's a shame Hawes and a few other makes, like H&R never got the recognition that the big names have.....they can be real shooters.......must be the fit and finish along with rough lines that turns people off. Colt and Smith & Wesson certainly have the classist lines......ain't much can beat a pre ww one single action Colt or a post war to the late sixties Smith double action with the ribbed barrel. After that Smiths fit and finish suffered.

Got a few fence posts and a gate to it in today.....yea, I'm working.....and not gettin' paid to do it.

I ain't working and I don't make no bones about it---Johnny Rebel
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ahh no I be understandin....
PARKER has been irradiated, vet says her joints look good BUT that has to be determined by a specialist- gotta wait for results. Parker now has a microchip as well.
Nothing like buffalo plaid and single actions!

Did ya hear about the guy that had to shoot his horse after it broke its leg?

It traumatized the kids on the merry go round at Walmart! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny.....you sure spend some serious bucks on your little buddies. Good! they deserve it.

I believe you left out the adjective for describing the guy who shot his horse.....was he ........Polish? .....--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually I heard it on the radio, I condensed it.

Know why so many Polish names end in SKI ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ski? Why?

Did you hear about the pollack who tried to blow up a school bus and is now in the hospital?

He burned his lips on the exhaust pipe.

Or.....how about the Polish bank robber?

He tied up the safe and blew the guard.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The names end in ski because they cant spell TOBAGGON!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:42 pm The names end in ski because they cant spell TOBAGGON!!!!
Tobacco? You mean Polish people smoked weed when they Polish their cars?

(I'm sorry for being so word mixed up....I'm currently watching the clown errrr ...dem debate
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think you are spending too much time watching those clowns!

Tobaggon, a sled , usually made from wood with an up turned front, ropes fastened along the sides to hold on to, no way to steer in. Anyhow it's a corny joke that Dad would tell.

Oh my aching back. I gotta try to get a quick adjustment today. Not to mention talk to the boss man.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

A youngster like you with a sore back? For real, my sympathy is with you as anything that constantly aches is a deterrent to having a good time in life. Being dizzy when you least expect it is debilitating.

I'm blessed with my part Italian genes .....I can't think of anyone in the family who has back issues. Thousands of years of Italians picking up heavy rocks for their stone mason projects is paying off. Since I was a kid I've always picked up heavy things....to this day heaving heavy logs around like they were toothpicks. Several times a day I lift a very heavy object and it always happens after I drink a lot of fluids.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've had a bad back since high school, I got Mononucleosis my senior year, went from 185 lbs to 125 in 3 weeks, my back never came back to what it was. Then in '97 or '98 we were coming home from an Oaks show, missed our exit off of 476 and before we knew it we were up by Stroudsberg. I knew the area and how to get home when some dingbat ran a stop and we hit her at 55, slammed into her car in a T bone. I took the center console in my ribs. That is my cronic T9. Depending on what I do it really goes haywire. Climbing around inside these machines is aggravating my back.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya bro.....you were 185 in H.S.? Big boy!

Raining like crazy here. Remembering me telling you the story about how I had to replace 200' of pasture/back yard fence and I've been putting it off for the last 4 years? Well, I started it yesterday with a couple of posts and a gate. Looks like I don't have to fool with it for awhile. :D

Here's the gate I put in.....repurposed from another new gate I recently installed.....yea, has my traditional "steel bar in a cut out slot on the fence post......see how nasty the fence is to the left? I'll get around to it......one day.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep I was 5-11 and 185. I'm the tallest in the immediate family, I always pick on my short older sisters!!

Yep is pouring here too! Real goose drowner out there.

At chiropractor now, waiting for him to finish another patient.

First paycheck!! Sadly half of it goes towards Parker's xrays/ AKC .

I gotta get this back straight, hunting club fun shoot this Saturday, I'm not screwing around with my 410 or 28- going all out with the Perazzi 12 ga!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...I know the feeling with half the money "going to the dogs".....and cats....and horses.....and match fees......gas to the club.....guns...ammo.....primer...powder.......an occasional bill like ........

We ought to rename "The Gun Room" the "Chiropractic Center".....you, me, Old Savage, Griff, Tom........and soon Jay as all that weight from the heavy coats he wears is sure to knock out the alignment. ---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's my understanding that most chiropractors are hunters/fishermen. Well at least the 3 I have gone to over the years. We know OS is a gun guy, you said yours was too ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!