Time for another injection

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Time for another injection

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hi fellas -

I haven't been around a lot. My employer is again taking scalps (in Elizabeth Warren-lingo), so work has been "intense". And my L5/S1 disc has herniated again. I'm going in for an epidural spinal injection today. If you could spare a prayer or positive thought, I'd appreciate it.

Hoping I'm able to visit more again soon!

Jay
YK
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Time for another injection

Post by gamekeeper »

Wishing you all the very best Jay. Back pain can be the most disruptive pain to both work and play, prayers up for some long term relief and a future cure.

Hope you get to post more often too...... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Up and away YK
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Done. I work part time for a small chain of surgical hospitals. They do the injections at a couple of their facilities. Most of the time they give a lot of relief. Part of what I do is to make sure that nothing is given that would interfere with what the patient is already on, and to help avoid allergic reactions. I am a small part of the process, but it is satisfying to know that my contributions help. I also read charts and look for interactions that may have been overlooked while I was not there as part of the process. Patient privacy is maintained well. Computer programs help tremendously in avoiding interactions.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

YK just sent a request for relief and healing to the big Doctor.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You got it kid! ---6
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Good Luck, Jay - Spinals can suck (BT, DT - NTS), and I hope you come through it OK !

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayer up Kid. I think I have an idea of what you're going thru. I am awaiting my second surgery at this point. the first one was questionable as to the results. At least I can an still walk. God bless.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thoughts and best wishes friend.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks fellas. The actual procedure was only a few minutes, tops. Almost a production line. Did even have to undress. I walked in, they told me to undo my belt and lower my zipper, and hop on the table. When I told them I have had several of these, they said "well, we don't have to explain it all then", and started. Small pinch (for the local), then big and painful stick - then really painful injection of the fluid. Done. From start to finish on the table was less than a minute. A few minutes in the recovery room to make sure I wasn't light-headed (I wasn't), then I walked out to my wife. She looked up astonished - and thought they decided not to do it! I've been home laying mostly flat for the afternoon, as they don't want me sitting or standing for long periods today. Anesthetic has worn off, so it is starting to throb - so I'll be moving to bourbon to help with the pain. :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:59 pm Prayer up Kid. I think I have an idea of what you're going thru. I am awaiting my second surgery at this point. the first one was questionable as to the results. At least I can an still walk. God bless.
I'm sorry you are going through this Rusty. If this doesn't work for me, it will be my third surgery. I'm at the point where 10 minutes or standing or sitting starts my right leg throbbing. The pain just builds from there. Laying down doesn't even help that much. Only relief is when I'm walking on the treadmill. I now walk about 400 miles a month. Feels more like the Bataan Death March...

But, like you, I'm VERY thankful. I'm walking - and I'm on the right side of the dirt. There are so many others worse off.

I hope you get relief soon!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Hope you get some relief! My wife had one a couple of months ago and really made a difference for her. She's also started doing yoga and really believes that is helping as well. Just watching gets my heart rate up! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good luck with it. Prayers up.

They usually work pretty well (shots AND prayers :wink: ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up YK that things get better.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Heal well friend. I used a yoga back class a few years ago. The whole idea is to build the musculature to promote lengthening of the spine. Worked well with the doctor.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Prayers up for you Jay; really sorry to hear about all this.

You might need to try that "unconventional acupuncture treatment" I'd mentioned to you once... My best friend got amazing RELIEF and results from it after all the surgeries and other left him still in pain and hopeless... Years later, his back is still doing well!

Good luck!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Sorry to hear that.

Hope things get better soon.

Wm
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jay, hope this is giving you the hoped-for relief. I had two double sets before we decided I needed a full L4-5 fusion last May where the laminectomy had failed.
My pain doc in El Paso insisted on an IV and a very fast-acting anesthetic (faster than propafol) and it seemed I was in Margaritaville for just a couple of minutes -- and didn't have to feel the pinch and the long stick. Grateful for it. Wish the epidurals had worked for me. You have every bit of my sympathy, bro!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Back pain is very underrated by those who have never had a good dose. Prayers Up for You.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Prayers up.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS